Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#604081 06/27/20 05:15 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Just finished updating an older song...tried to simplify it so I used BiaB style FPBNTBA.STY Ballad w/2 finger picked guitars

Only used one guitar and filled in the rest on my Genos and BGV's ...hope you enjoy and old story told again. Thanks for listening...Dan

https://soundclick.com/r/s8dlnd

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
firesong #604088 06/27/20 06:49 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Another quality production, a fable with plenty of inspiration.

Excellent choice of style, instrumentation, all wrapped up with a great vocal delivery.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
firesong #604098 06/27/20 07:39 PM
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
firesong,

It’s a really well written tune, and a pretty production, pretty melody. It’s a nicely sung song—soft sweet vocal—though for me . . . and this is totally subjective . . . I’m not sure I would have hung onto those notes quite as long as the vocalist does here. It comes a tad over-sung to me—but again take that with a big grain of salt, because it really comes down to artistic preference. Also--and I'm the worst at this--but you might want to think about a different title to the song, perhaps something more revealing of the song and less reminiscent of the Lennon tune.

Nits and personal preference aside, a very nicely done tune!

All my best to you,

Deej

AudioTrack #604122 06/28/20 02:20 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Another quality production, a fable with plenty of inspiration.

Excellent choice of style, instrumentation, all wrapped up with a great vocal delivery.

Thanks so much for your gracious comments.

BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

Deej56 #604123 06/28/20 02:25 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deej56
firesong,

It’s a really well written tune, and a pretty production, pretty melody. It’s a nicely sung song—soft sweet vocal—though for me . . . and this is totally subjective . . . I’m not sure I would have hung onto those notes quite as long as the vocalist does here. It comes a tad over-sung to me—but again take that with a big grain of salt, because it really comes down to artistic preference. Also--and I'm the worst at this--but you might want to think about a different title to the song, perhaps something more revealing of the song and less reminiscent of the Lennon tune.

Nits and personal preference aside, a very nicely done tune!

All my best to you,

Deej

Deej...thanks so much for your comments...everything about music is subjective and I take to heart any comments and opinions I get and value them greatly...hanging onto notes comes from my southern gospel background...good point ...The real title of the song is Imagine If You Will...Imagine however does get it listened to ...thanks for the thoughts...Dan

firesong #604166 06/28/20 06:51 AM
User Showcase
E
Journeyman
Journeyman
E
Dan, this really is a stellar production. I know a good song when I hear it, and this is definitely in that category. The melody is beautiful and supporting guitars and instruments are very well chosen and performed. Vocals are very good, and really convey the sense of reverence that the song needs, so I have no issue with the style. The vocal harmonies are a lovely touch, and really enhance the song a lot.

While I like everything about this song, what I would really love to hear is a version sung by a choir or small group (with backing, maybe some strings in there too), where they could really harmonize and bring out the beautiful arrangements in this song. I think it would be quite amazing. It's really that good.

Ed Z

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts

EdZ314 #604201 06/28/20 10:02 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Ed...thank you so much for your kind remarks...this song has always been special to me...it is well over a decade old and has recently been chosen by a Nashville publisher to be pitched to some artists so I'm putting it out for thoughts and critiques before my final submission...they will be using my demo in the pitch so I'm really nervous about it...I appreciate everyone's thoughts and opinions...your words are very encouraging and I value them....thanks...Dan

firesong #604224 06/28/20 11:19 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Ed..I agree with your approach to use the "simple" approach with your arrangement--it is just right for your lyric message--and, if this is a demo, probably good in that respect also.

The production is polished, and your voice is so tender and sincere--again, a perfect match for your messaging.Than

Scripture is such a rich source for musical ideas; I've used it alot, but I never thought of 'leaning on David' as you have!

firesong #604231 06/28/20 12:00 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Song and vocals are good, I would change the title for obvious reasons, but you've done well here overall.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
Tano Music #604238 06/28/20 12:49 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Ed..I agree with your approach to use the "simple" approach with your arrangement--it is just right for your lyric message--and, if this is a demo, probably good in that respect also.

The production is polished, and your voice is so tender and sincere--again, a perfect match for your messaging.Than

Scripture is such a rich source for musical ideas; I've used it alot, but I never thought of 'leaning on David' as you have!

Thanks for the thoughts...David was one of the greatest songwriters (psalmists) of all time...to write a song about him is indeed an honor...thanks again...Dan

TuneMonger #604239 06/28/20 12:56 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Song and vocals are good, I would change the title for obvious reasons, but you've done well here overall.

It does have an alternate title..."Imagine If You Will"...which is the title the publisher has and it's BMI registration name...I kinda thought people might give it a listen if I called by it's nick-name...thanks...Dan

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,967
Posts751,709
Members38,959
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Alesha, jarredou, jadecomeria58, Seraphinang, Nevillberger
38,959 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
rsdean 105