Something like this maybe ?

[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

musocity #809864 05/09/24 07:51 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Yes but it needs the ability to play song files. Ipads and Android tablet can have up to half a TB memory so it needs to be able to hold some kind of modified .SGU files with some sort of RT/RDs that are light weight and a decent Midi synth. Imagine the ability to load 30 or 40 songs for a night gig. Bluetooth to your PA and your light weight system is ready.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Rob Helms #809871 05/09/24 11:30 PM
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
You would have the m4a RealTracks/Drums on an SD card, what's that about 250GB ?

musocity #809873 05/10/24 02:22 AM
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted by musocity
You would have the m4a RealTracks/Drums on an SD card, what's that about 250GB ?
A few days ago I was looking a 1TB SD cards.
They seem rather prone to misbehaviour, though. My dashcam uses one and I have to reformat it regularly.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
musocity #809897 05/10/24 06:32 AM
Expert
Expert
iPad can not use SD Cards. You may be able to use an SSD with a USB3 connection.

I say USB3 because the lightning connector has probably now been changed. I still have a 3rd gen iPad Pro.

Kevin smile

Last edited by Kevin Woolley; 05/10/24 06:33 AM.
musocity #809940 05/10/24 04:27 PM
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I like the idea. Newer iPad can have 512 memories and most androids have SSD slots to a few good options, not to forget MS surface tablets.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Rob Helms #809948 05/10/24 08:47 PM
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
More energy needs to be put into the JUCE BBPlugin/Plugin Standalone/Live Arranger giving Win/Lin/Mac/iOS/Android:
The writing is on the wall.
https://www.apple.com/logic-pro-for-ipad/

Create and edit chord progressions in the Chord Track while your Session Players follow along.
[Linked Image from apple.com]

musocity #809970 05/11/24 04:21 AM
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
mcity.

looks v nice. as well as/ great m4.
my thinking is what music production load can be handled by ip pro ?
in terms of plugins and track count ? i cant find info yet.
and where does this leave mac users with higher end macs ?
what im wondering is why should someone buy a higher end mac if ip pro can handle large number track and plugin vsti counts etc ?

why im glad re this announcement is hopefully it will force pc processor prices down. that m4 looks stunning re useing nanometer fab tech.
interesting times..

happiness.

om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 05/11/24 04:23 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
musocity #809974 05/11/24 05:31 AM
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I don't think iPad or tablet apps are going to replace larger software on PCs and Macs. It just gives a nice compact product to do live shows and work on the run. Logic as MCity is showing there is a Mac only product and is releasing a version with session players. One downside is that Logic is not very far back compatible. My version of mac from 2013 is no longer supported SO i had to abandon Logic pro. What i think PipeCity is trying to show is that the industry is heading towards AI for these types of products. BiaB and RB, will not be fully following that path as it would require a rather large rewrite towards more modern programming language. The plugin is already there to some degree, so it is the logical candidate.

We will never, i repeat NEVER see PGM abandon BiaB in favor of the Plugin as it will not bring in enough revenue to compare with BiaB. What we can hope for is that Peter can see that the Plugin does deserve to be aggressively developed to compete with these other products. It can be a bridge into the future. I agree with this assumption. If the plugin could be developed to allow as a product that creates content in any DAW then has a standalone app where one can play the content live or as needed on either a laptop or tablet then PGM would have something powerful and unique.

What comes of this is totally up to them. Continuing down the current path will keep BiaB moving along it's slow steady path but will not allow the plethora of older bugs and workflow issues to be addressed as needed. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I was against this live arranger idea at first. I wanted the plugin to stay simple and be something for just adding BiaB content to the users DAW in conjunction with BiaB as a little brother lite app. How ever after that last two years of development where some incredible features have been added to the main program, but at the cost of not addressing super important issues. 255 limit, VST3, and about 20 or 30 other very important things that need immediate attention, I am seeing that some things need to be changed. I do not think that BiaB needs to be rewritten but what it needs is the following.

1. a full year of no new features, just fix 50 old issues, and add fresh new RT/RD content.

2. turn the hounds loose on them plugin. fix it so it works as it does with reaper in all DAWs. add the ability for work in any OS. and add the modern MultiRiff, Multipicker, and free it from the Band in a box folder. I am not sure exactly how that can be done as i am not a programmer but whatever it takes do it. Cut it loose from being a free app and charge $100 for it to offset any loss from slowing down BiaB.

I am sure MLine can add more to this as he seems to have a picture of what can be done in his head. One thing for sure we will never know what is possible until PGM opens up and shares what they know is possible and what is not. They truly know the inner workings of the product and it's code structure. PGM has traditionally not been very open about long term goals and possibilities they usually keep things like this close to the hip. Sharing only what they feel we need to know. I hope they will take 10 minutes and share with those who truly care about this great product and what they plan on doing so we can stop talking about and either support them or not. but we can all relax and enjoy the ride.

musocity #809976 05/11/24 05:45 AM
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Having said what i said about i have to add that my iPad will not even download the new Logic app. It requires 17.0 or better. I can't get there. Typical of Apple and Logic to outrun the equipment out there. very sad. So if you don't run out and buy the latest equipment every time they make a big change you are just out of luck. I think Logic is a Un logical choice to use as an example. One thing we have to be careful of is using concepts that on paper seem great but in reality, are just around the corner and not reachable yet. Still the Plugin needs some love and attention, and BiaB needs a real good cleaning. Please stop adding new stuff until the older stuff works properly it is getting frustrating to all who support you each and every year. We love the program but want it work as advertised.

Respectfully your friend.

Rob Helms #809983 05/11/24 06:37 AM
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Rob.

all good points.

its sad that people have to keep on doling out money and older.macs are essentially orphans. its a clever marketing strategy i saw over the years used as i worked in tech and i guess apple r n d would argue they need the income to bring out new groovy products...haveing worked for a computer manufacturer
im sympathetic to the fact that r n d can chew up capital.

but otoh my concern is the poor song creator in a poor country who bought a apple product awhile back...but cant afford now to rebuy. capitalism at work sadly.
this is a factor thats stopped me going mac ie obsolesence as well as pricing....much as i love what apple have done with processor technology. ie M series.
the new ipad pro isnt exactly cheap costing 1200 bucks or more ?
whereas my new ryzen 7 pc with m2 tech costing 400 bucks is no slouch and handles all i throw at it ..and you should see how fast it handles bb/rb .
im happy. (kudos to gordon for turning me onto mini pcs which i thought might not be able to handle work load.).

but the big challenge for apple and one im waiting with bated breath to see how they handle and the bane of all processor manufacturers is ramping up processor technology and performance given the elephant in the room...ie the laws of physics.
its gonna be interesting to see how things play out given this limitation....plus read up sometime about potential competitors eg snapdragon and others....lots of future fun.

as to pg's plugin strategy...i remain concerned about this haveing seen first hand what can happen when one developes products to work with third party products which one has no control over.
specifically one might be caught in constant upgrades to keep up with
changes in the third party products.
i realise that loads of users want this re their fav daws but the devils in the
technical implementation details..and i think pg should be given some slack in this regard. i suspect its no walk in the park.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 05/11/24 07:03 AM.

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
musocity #810005 05/11/24 10:42 AM
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
JAOM, there is a lot of wisdom in what you are saying. BiaB for example it what it is, a 30 year old program written in another time. It is still super capable. It has the ability to do so much and most of us never even scratch the surface of it's capabilities. The old Delphi programing is the root of its existence. There is no doubt in my mind that it will remain that way in the foreseeable future. there is little chance it will be rewritten. In the big picture that does not matter. As i said above just fix the older issues and make the current features work as expected all around. Stabilize the product and each year add a few feature upgrades and a load of new fresh content. Refine the content each year, make RT and RD design more focused on the future. Don't focus on new features focus on better existing features. People will buy the upgrades to get the content add ons.

This would buy out time to focus also on the plugin as a new level companion. With less time spent each year on "50" new features PGM would have more time for these other things. I bet if we did a poll more people would want content and existing feature fixes than new features. I bet it would not even be close. this would make both the Win and Mac cycle shorter and more targeted. Spend the extra time creating a better and more complete Pugin based on the newer programming that Sir Pipesalot talks about. See that MCity i just knighted you! What say YE!

Rob Helms #810010 05/11/24 11:32 AM
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Rob.

just watching uk premier league soccer on nbc...yay my team west ham won today...lol.
yep.i agree...fix up bb....

fyi in tech the dream of any tech company is to build a product no other product can touch...ie a 'true market slayer'.
in this vein i hope pg realise the potential of bb new wonderfull tracks view to be a 'market slayer'...
the KEY being imho what pg does with new tracks view from hereon out.
do it right and it would be amazing..and musos would flock to it imho as well people like myself might say 'i dont need any other music app'....do it wrong...ill leave you to draw your own conclusions.
the ramifications of this being who is gonna need anything else.
im assuming of course user 'niggles' eg see the 6/8 thread being one..are fixed.

its gonna be a fun ride...and i hope pg win out....they have lots of loyal users many tech companies would love to have.
as to apple...in selling product...there are often two approaches..
sell a ton of product by keeping prices low. i call this the ford model T
strategy...OR...sell at a higher price with better profit margins...
but at the expense of selling less product.
fyi re the latter..my wife and i wont be going toyota again much as we like the brand because prices have just increased so much.
this has resulted in competitors taking market share from toyota.
And we see such in our region....fewer new toyotas and more cheaper competitors.

happiness.

om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 05/11/24 11:38 AM.

Rob Helms #810035 05/11/24 02:47 PM
B
Journeyman
Journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Rob Helms
Having said what i said about i have to add that my iPad will not even download the new Logic app. It requires 17.0 or better. I can't get there. Typical of Apple and Logic to outrun the equipment out there. very sad. So if you don't run out and buy the latest equipment every time they make a big change you are just out of luck. I think Logic is a Un logical choice to use as an example. One thing we have to be careful of is using concepts that on paper seem great but in reality, are just around the corner and not reachable yet. Still the Plugin needs some love and attention, and BiaB needs a real good cleaning. Please stop adding new stuff until the older stuff works properly it is getting frustrating to all who support you each and every year. We love the program but want it work as advertised.

Respectfully your friend.
Yep I have a 2018 IMac and it does not have the M silicone chip so it will not be able to use some of the new features of Logic Pro 11. I have Rip X so I do not really need a stem splitter and I have a ton of analog console and saturation plugins so it wont kill me. My ipads are generation 6 with 32 gb so I am behind there as well.
Brian

BIAB 2024 Ultrapack- Studio One Pro 6.5 Windows 10

musocity #810040 05/11/24 03:39 PM
Journeyman
Journeyman
I would be THRILLED with an iPad app that can just PLAY BIAB format files (transposed, actual and notation) and allow me to use my SWAM instruments in MIDI Thru.) Real-time harmonization as in the Windows version would be icing on the cake.) Even with Thunderbolt ports the latency on Windows can be horrible using a controller unless I add an external ASIO box like a MOTU.) My iPad has NO noticeable latency, even with BT MIDI.

Jan - 12 Core AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32GB DDR4
Win 10 64-bit
Samsung m.2 SSD Boot drive,other SSD internal and USB drives.
MOTO 2
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables
musocity #810059 05/11/24 07:17 PM
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
The main point of all this is not getting PG users to buy Logic on an iPad but look at the potential of the JUCE Plugin,
If apple have done this will not other companies follow with similar now, where will this leave PG ?
"Create and edit chord progressions in the Chord Track while your Session Players follow along."

"More energy needs to be put into the JUCE BBPlugin/Plugin Standalone/Live Arranger giving Win/Lin/Mac/iOS/Android:
The writing is on the wall."
How much would you spend on a new iPad with Biab Live Arranger compared to a RealTracks Live Arranger keyboard ?
I can't see how there is a sustainable future with 6 months programing on Win then another 6 months programing on Mac doing the same thing.
I'll ask again, do you think double programing is a good thing, will it last 10-20 years down the track ?

Example: Still Waiting for Current Fixes Needed for 6.0.13 (Reaper)
Originally Posted by musocity
Posted Sat Jan 27 2024 08:23 AM
Today Wed May 8 2024 10:09 AM
It can't be fixed because they are working on the Mac for last 5 months so there is no one to program BBW4 that it needs before anything can be done with the JUCE Plugin. It's all wrong how it all works, or doesn't work.
That's why I say "the writing is on the wall".

musocity #810076 05/12/24 04:03 AM
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
You are correct sir, but this is how it is ad will be. i wish it were different but it has become apparent it will not change at least for the foreseeable future so all we can do is roll with the punches and use the tools for what they currently do. You have done a lot, as have others of us in different ways but the song remains the same.

Rob Helms #810083 05/12/24 05:49 AM
Veteran
Veteran
You are correct sir, but this is how it is ad will be. i wish it were different but it has become apparent it will not change at least for the foreseeable future so all we can do is roll with the punches and use the tools for what they currently do.

Or as other programs get better move on to them. Some of us have now for different time signatures.

You have done a lot, as have others of us in different ways but the song remains the same.

And that is the problem.

Don't get the idea that I hate BiaB. I don't and most of my songs start in it. I just want it to reach the standards of the music community and match or exceed other music software products.

I just posted a selfie and all of the responses were get well soon!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
MarioD #810139 05/12/24 03:04 PM
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Current way the Plugin works with old BBW4:

How the Plugin needs to work, self-contained crossplatform Plugin/Plugin Standalone/Live Arranger Win,Mac,Lin,iOS,Android:
JUCE is a cross platform framework allowing a single codebase to compile to native applications and plug-ins with the same user experience on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android, across both desktop and mobile. Native applications can be launched in the iOS and Android device simulators to simplify testing and debugging, and can be packaged up for distribution within the mobile app stores.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Happy Victoria Day! (Monday, May 20th)

We are celebrating Victoria Day on Monday, May 20th!

Our availability through this long weekend is:

Saturday, May 18: Closed
Sunday, May 19: Closed
Monday, May 22: 6am-6pm PT

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,819
Posts737,654
Members38,594
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tnfkd, eljayjay, tommy kissner, Namahi, JumpinJackP
38,593 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 163