Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I couldn't resist adding "The Best of", but since it's our only one together I suppose it's "The Worst of" too. I was fortunate enough to have David approach me over a year ago with the offer of doing a co-write. He has showed tremendous patience because life has been so busy I've not had any time for music. I finally sat down and put down some ideas We teamed up on the lyrics, but the melody is almost entirely his work. This is my first attempt at using the Ozone mastering tool as well, so any comments (good or bad) are certainly appreciated. It's been great working with David, and another great aspect of using this forum. I hope to catch up with all of your music soon as well.

Another Whiskey Song

You can always find me at my favorite local bar
wearing out a barstool underneath the neon stars.
‘Cause though that woman’s gone, she’s left her memory here behind.
And now, I’m holding on by trying to drink her off my mind.
I’m just sitting in the corner with the cigarette smoke
reliving my old memories, broken dreams and shattered hope.
Though I’ve had three or four I always want, ‘Just one more’
‘til I stagger out the door, you’ll know just what I’m waiting for

‘ Cause I’m sitting here once again with a drinking glass and listenin’
to songs of pain, tears and rain, loneliness and all it brings.
And, if it takes me all night long, I’ll stay in here and drink ‘till dawn.
‘Til the pain is finally gone and her memory leaves
So when the band takes requests, they know the words that I’ll say next
are “Give me one more whiskey and another whiskey song.”

When I get feeling low, this is where I feel at home
Just me and my poison and those back road break up songs
It happens every time. She’s always preying on my mind.
No matter where I go her memory follows close behind.
And, all I want it seems is a choir of broken dreams,
one more shot of gasoline and to join them as they sing
‘Cause if we all feel the same, then we’re addicted to this pain,
To the memories, and the whiskey and the songs that become chains.

‘ Cause I’m sitting here once again with a drinking glass and listenin’
to songs of pain, tears and rain, loneliness and all it brings.
And, if it takes me all night long, I’ll stay in here and drink ‘till dawn.
‘Til the pain is finally gone and her memory leaves
So when the band takes requests, they know the words that I’ll say next
are “Give me one more whiskey and another whiskey song.”
Another whiskey song. Another whiskey song.

All music and lyrics copyright 2024 by Brad Williams and David Snyder

The Musicians:

Drums: Fred Eltringham, _RAINY.STY
Bass: Dow Tomlin, _CBALAD2.STY
Accoustic rythm guitar: Tony King, _CBALAD2.STY
Bariton accoustic rythm guitar: Quinn Bachand, _RAINY.STY
Electric rythm guitar: Audley Freed, _RALEIGH.STY
Power Chords: Eric Borash, _RAINY.STY
Pedal Steel: Eddy Dunlap, _RAINY.STY
Oohs/Aahs: Shelly Justice and David Wise, _OOHLALA.STY

ProTools 12 / Ozone 10 /85 BPM

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Brad,

This is perhaps the best song I've ever heard in my life, anywhere at any time. Definitely the best country song to ever appear on this forum and perhaps for all time.

It just has some extra special magical factor and I can't quite put my finger on it that truly pushes it over the top and gives it that epic beyond epic feel that is not often approached in music as we know it.

I wish I could figure out what that extra factor was, but all I know is that something is going on in this song that has created probably the most epic musical tour de force that country music, or music in general for that matter, has ever witnessed or experienced in our lifetime, or even going back to the dawn of mankind.

While others merely try to write a country song, you did write a country song. Real country. More country than country itself. Straight to the heart of the very core of country. The way a real man writes country.

Bravo.

You have now set the bar and I feel sorry for anyone else who tries to reach it.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Brad,

Very nice! Great song and I think you did a great job with Ozone.

Nice tracks selections as well. Love your vocal. I also really like the use of the Oohs/Aahs.

Cool co-write!

Excellent work.

Bob

User Showcase
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Super collaboration! That's some hard country thar fer sure. Nice write and great vocals. Great instrument choices and arrangement, and the mix is quite nice indeed. Really enjoyed this!

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
A new dynamic duo has been formed.
Outstanding country.
Super vocal and lyrics.
It sounds like you have mastered those mastering tools!

Why is it that the people who tell me to calm down are the ones who tick me off in the first place!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks David. It was good working with you, and I think that "magical factor" can be summed up in two words: David Snyder.

Thanks for stopping by and giving it a listen Bob. It's fun learning new stuff, but can be frustrating as well. David Cuny and I have been wanting to team up and have him show me some more mastering techniques - but time keeps getting in the way, so I just winged it on this first one.

Thanks for the comment DC. I was trying to meld a little of my style in with some of David's. He's on the east coast and I'm on the west, but somehow we made it meet in the middle. I'm sure glad you liked it. Seems like you can be into country wherever you're from!

Nice hearing from you Mario! This PGmusic stuff is pretty cool, uh? Hamlin New York, Carolina and California - we can all come together with it. I was working the other day when one of your comments came to mind out of the blue, and yet another song was born. I think I've got it written, but no time to record yet. I'll let you know when I do - that way you can share the blame!

Brad

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I Brad,

You and David have a great tune on your hands. I could have heard Waylon sing this one back in '78. Ya'll did country music a big favor here.

And yes, this forum has led to many collaborations. I've done 6 with Greg Johnson, two with Ray C. & one with Tom Adams. This forum has some real talent on it. You guys just proved that.

I'm humbled those other guys let me ride their coattails to a few decent songs.

You guys don't need no stinkin' coattails. You did fine by yourselves.

Take care, gentlemen,

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Absolutely fabulous, Brad and David. What a great collab. Love those lyrics and your delivery. Terrific instrumentation, and the mix is also sensational. Ozone worked well in your hands. Can't wait to hear this whole album of Bests.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
So glad there is Ozone. I don't hear well enough to make the choices that need to be made when mastering.

A good tear in the beer song. A successful collaboration. I recognition David's work in the melody.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
COOL.
There are a couple of things I hear -
The vocal needs some air/top end...it's a little too rolled off for my ears.
The few remaining sibilants sounds are generally well managed but a couple cut through.
Structure wise I think this needs a bit of space between the verse & chorus as it sounds like a non stop stream of your voice.
Love the ending.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Gosh, Alan, that's quite a compliment - thank you. Ol' Waylon was one of my favoirtes! I've probably heard most, if not all of your collabs - I always like hearing your stuff. I remember the recent one you did with Ray and that really turned out well.

Well, I'm glad you liked it Marty. To make a whole album though? Considering the speed I'm working at lately - that could take a loooong time!

The one and only Ezekeil' Storm! Great to hear from you. Thanks for giving it a listen. This was kind of out of my wheelhouse. I don't think I've ever written a drinking song before, so it was a stretch. I never would have done it without David's encouragement.

Thanks for the critique Ray. I agree with all you said, just not sure I'm experienced enough to fix it. I was trying to keep the song a little shorter which led to the non-stop vocal. There was a lot of sibilants in this, and I attempted to cut it down some, but couldn't get them all, and I really don't know how I would add the air/top end, perhaps through the EQ? The bottom line is I just don't sing very well, so I do what I can, but am really just trying to get the point across in case anybody who does sing well would like to give it a try.

Brad

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well, y’all have written a new “tears in my beer” or should we say “tears in my whiskey” song that sounds like good old country music.
We bet Tater Tot has his eye on this one. 😉

Nice band and mix with a good snare pop too.

Glad to see you wearing a hat Brad 'cause this is definitely reminiscent of our fav period in country music -- the hat acts.

Great teamwork y'all!

J&B

PS We've been mastering with Ozone now for 10 years and have just started using a reference song which we fully recommend.
BTW, regarding the wordy aspects we don't worry about the song length and sometimes just throw in an odd bar for some breathing room.
Nobody seems to notice! smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Nice to hear another whiskey song called Another Whiskey Song laugh I'm still working on my whiskey song, so it was very nice to hear your and David's approach. Lyrics tell what the title promises, the subject is clearly on the spotlight and makes me smile several times, if I had whiskey I certainly would be listening to this and drinking 'till dawn wink Catchy tune, great vocals and the band is playing your request perfectly. Maybe the arrangement could be more dynamic, but luckily the story holds up.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Brad,

Painful feelings are expressed movingly through the country music.
I also love whiskey, so I drink it every day, whether I'm happy or sad.
And it certainly helps me forget sadness and pain. (But only temporarily while I'm drinking it.)
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Videos: One-Stop Shopping!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, we're adding new videos to our YouTube channel. We'll also post them here when they are published so that you can easily find all of our Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® videos in one place!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac videos released as-of June 28, 2024 are:

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Everything you need to know in under 8 minutes!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - The New Tracks Window Explained

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - RealCombos Booster PAK Styles Demo

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - 49-PAK Overview

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - 222 New RealTracks Overview

XPro & Xtra Styles Sets On Sale Until July 31st!

Save up-to 40% when you purchase XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs before July 31, 2024!

The most recent XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box® 2023 or higher include additional Styles for Band-in-a-Box® that work seamlessly with your project. We offer XPro Styles PAKs that work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® package, and Xtra Styles PAKs for UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile users!

We recently released a combined total of 300 new Styles in XPro Styles PAK 6 and Xtra Styles PAK 17!

Each PAK can be purchased for $29: Order XPro Styles PAKs | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

The 100 new styles added with XPro Styles PAK 6 include 25 Rock & Pop, 25 Jazz, 25 Country, and 25 Progressive Rock! These add styles like funky soul jazz, uplifting pop-rock, 12-8 country ballads, hard and heavy progressive rock, '70s funk, dubby reggae jams, driving country rock, synth-heavy prog rock, and many more! Video: XPro Styles PAK 6 Demos

Xtra Styles PAK 17 adds 200 new styles to any Band-in-a-Box 2023 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile installation! You'll find 50 each for Rock & Pop, Jazz, and Country. What about the remaining 50? We've added them with a new category: World 1! In Xtra Styles PAK 17, you'll find styles like: laid-back pop country, mellow smooth jazz, '80s new wave, Caribbean reggae, '90s alternative pop, modern jazz fusion, funky Texas blues, Afro-Cuban grooves, and even mariachi-infused Motown... and more! Video: Xtra Styles PAK 14 Demos

Mac User? Click here for your announcement.

NEW - The Band-in-a-Box® 2024 VST DAW Plugin 6.0 for Mac®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes the new VST DAW Plugin 6.0!

This new Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin has over 20 new features including near instant playback direct from disk, to audition various styles without creating WAV files. You can now load chords from MIDI files. There's support for Shots/Rest/Holds on Utility tracks, and more! For Reaper® DAW users, the Plugin has added built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

Every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® includes the VST DAW Plugin, and all Mac® upgrades are on sale until July 15th!

Save up-to 50% when you upgrade to Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® today - check out the different upgrade options here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac is here with over 50 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, two new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Upgrade purchases until July 31, 2024 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some incredible Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2024 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 50 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2024 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available, and if you have any questions about your upgrade feel free to connect with us directly!

User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,226
Posts742,067
Members38,702
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
jan.b, glitchfinn, Dezlleh, OlavFronth, MauriceM
38,701 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)