Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Why own music? DrDan 17 seconds ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
"Jeeze Ward, you were a little rough on the beaver last night..." One look at the pic tells me this is Ted Gioia who is well known in the industry as a premier music hisotrian and musicologist. If you know Ted, then nothing else really needs to be added to indicate the relavance of this video to this forum. If you don't know him, than you should view the first few minutes to see for yourself what he preaches. This specific video is a bit dated. He currently (last few days) has a interview with Rick Biato regarding AI in music which is extremely interesting and scary. For more information on Ted Gioia, visit his website at http://www.tedgioia.com. His last book, Music: A Subversive History, was published by Basic Books in 2019.
Replies 4 Views 134 Read More
Re: Cave Man Guitarhacker 7 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
I love how you turn that phrase in this song. Don't CAVE MAN..... good advice. But you certainly have to know how to pick your battles especially when it comes to your wife. I like this song.
Replies 11 Views 147 Read More
Re: The Campfire Song Guitarhacker 11 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
Cool stuff. It was campfire music that attracted me to the guitar. Summer camp and the councilors who played guitar. Nice childhood memories. That wolf howl attracted the attention of my dogs on the floor behind me. I enjoyed this.
Replies 5 Views 150 Read More
Re: The Campfire Song BabuMusic 13 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
Very cool song, Izzy, and I really enjoy your stripped down production. I can hear a little one and wolf howling around --very cool additions. Good vocal and the lyrics are delivered so well.
Replies 5 Views 150 Read More
Re: Bewildered Guitarhacker 15 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
That's full sounding. Easy listening jazz.... nice stuff.
Replies 3 Views 40 Read More
Re: Guitars in Space Guitarhacker 17 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
You are definitely the king of experimental music around this forum. Always interesting to hear what comes out of your mind and heart. Nice.
Replies 8 Views 225 Read More
Re: Bewildered BabuMusic 18 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
Terrific tuxedo tune, Mike. This one is an after-hours jam where all the best musicians in town show up after their gigs. It becomes the reason they still play; they get through the grueling gigs knowing that the best is yet to come. Really cool how you bring in the different soloists. It gives it a sense of just how it is. Great mix, too. Love the late night feel.
Replies 3 Views 40 Read More
Re: Victory For Viktor Guitarhacker 19 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
We must never forget... yet we find ourselves having forgotten. Thank you for reminding us that we should never forget lest we go down that same road again.
Replies 44 Views 1,130 Read More
Re: Crystal Lake (In the Rearview) Guitarhacker 23 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
Nice work. It sounds really nice. I like the harmony vox. Cool reminiscing song. I think every state has a "Crystal Lake". In fact, there was a lake by that name where I grew up. A swimming place.... but the water there was anything but "crystal". More like greenish brown with a bunch of frogs. I enjoyed this song.
Replies 12 Views 354 Read More
Re: Crystal Lake (In the Rearview) BabuMusic 26 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
OH, YEAH!! I was there. This song is filled with such good (and very relatable) lyrics. Vocals are very good. There is a Crystal Lake near here, but it has become hoity toity. Harveys Lake has been filling memories like this song for over 100 years. Col song.
Replies 12 Views 354 Read More
Re: She told me she loved me Guitarhacker 27 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
DCuny took the words out of my mouth. Focus on the "correct" syntax of the words as used commonly in speech and the pronunciation of the words by the synths. Take the time to listen to the song and the singers, and focus on the areas where you think to yourself... that's not natural. People wouldn't emphasize that syllable in the word in normal speech. I often spend a lot of time on that sort of thing. And that word LIVE.... spelled the same way with two different pronunciations. When this happens, I will input the word phonetically and experiment to get it right. All in all, this shows you spent a lot of time with the voices to get those harmonies. Nicely done.
Replies 23 Views 693 Read More
Re: Sultry Sway BabuMusic 32 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
I like the groove. Some cool crunchy riffing... Nice job.
Thanks much, Herb.
Originally Posted by jannesan
I wake... yeah, the best way to start a blues song smile Story with a sultry dream, very big dream which no one is going to believe, but if it is in his memory then it is true for him. Very exciting mood seen also in the video. I enjoyed the heavy blues rock sound from Dave's guitar. And the bass has enough roar to me. Good mix. And with that sultry vocal I'm sure there is a long line of swaying ladies wanting to turn that doorknob wink Janne
Thanks, Janne. Blues: I'm still wake at quarter to three looking for a matchbox to fill my clothes. Yeah, that guy is a dreamer. That kind of stuff doesn't happen in real life. And once he dreams one in, he might as well dream a whole bevy.
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
Hot track. Cool riff Dave is playing. That bass is growling. "I wake alone on my bedroom floor, assess the shape I'm in" Good opening line. Is there something you want to tell us? laugh
Thanks, Scott. Yeah, I'm so glad Dave decided to redo that track. The BiaB guy was good, of course, and had something similar, but Dave perfected it and carried it through the whole song with just the right twist around the vocals.
Replies 24 Views 509 Read More
Re: Using BIAB in various time signatures 5/4, 12/8, 6/8, 9/8, 11/4 etc. MarioD 35 minutes ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Originally Posted by PeterGannon
> ......................................... It sounds like the (new) option you’d want added to BiaB is “export the MIDI file stretched to 1.5x tempo , for compatibility with DAWS that don’t support triplet based compound time signatures”. Then a midi file exported from BiaB would be wrong, but wrong in the same way as the daw, and two wrongs would make a right. I’ll look into adding that!
Thanx you very much for looking into adding that function, I appreciate that. Is there any way you can get 5/4 and 7/4 to work in a DAW? Those are other time signatures I occasionally use.
Replies 60 Views 1,375 Read More
Re: I heard a song but I can't find guitar RT Guitarhacker 38 minutes ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
A lot of popular songs have what are called "signature licks" or unique parts. Those things are generally not going to be available in Band in a Box. When faced with that, you have to think "out of the box" to get it even close. I've been using BB for well over a decade and a half and in all my ramblings and meandering through the various styles and real band tracks, I don't believe I have ever heard anything even close to that riff/pattern of strumming let alone the tone on it. To replicate it, one would have to use a guitar or guitar synth to get that. You might be able to find drum and bass part that would work in BB. While BB is an amazing tool for creating music, it does have it's limitations and songs with signature licks and unique patterns are that limit.
Replies 6 Views 268 Read More
Re: Using BIAB in various time signatures 5/4, 12/8, 6/8, 9/8, 11/4 etc. BlueAttitude 50 minutes ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
This may be of interest, first shot shows the tempo option in EZDrummer, second shot is the manual taking about the option. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Technical difficulties Guitarhacker 55 minutes ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
It's common to not get good results at first. However, you can get results that are professional with this software. It really helps if we know what you are doing. Once you get used to the software and learn to use it the right way, the results are truly amazing and professional. SO....... You should always post a link to a song example when you ask questions like this. Set up an account with Sound Cloud, Box.com, Soundclick or any other music/file hosting site. Get the "share link" and post it here in your query. Test it to see if it works. Do not use a subscription/membership/log-in required site like Spotify. People don't have the time to do log-in to listen to your song. That way, we can listen to the example and answer your questions in a more accurate manner.
the music mix doesn't come out clear and clean enough. Second, the vocal is similar in that it doesn't separate itself and come out clear enough, And also I am trying to take the reverb down and I'm not getting it done. Finally, the over all sound of the song just isn't professional enough in my opinion.
There are any number of reasons this might be happening. Post the song in question and we'll have a listen and offer an opinion. EDIT: ALSO, very important.... tell us what other software you are using. Are you strictly using BB or are you using a DAW as well? External mixer or totally "in the box"? Tell us about the soundcard/interface and driver. Describe the microphone and how it's being recorded. Details on the process that got you to this point are helpful.
Replies 4 Views 231 Read More
Re: Why own music? Guitarhacker 1 hour ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yes... it would really be helpful when you post links.... like you do... to give us a teaser as to why you think we should take the time to watch. Most of the time I look at the link and pass on it. That was the case with this.... why spend the time?
Replies 4 Views 134 Read More
Re: A couple of things to read Guitarhacker 1 hour ago Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Mike Halloran
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
I don't know the first book but I have a copy of This Business of Music by Shemel & Krasilovsky 4th Edition. Not sure if it's the same book as you're referring too. That is a book everyone who's serious about this business should have on their shelves and should have read at least once, to get a good understanding of the basic business practices in the music industry. It's handy to refer back to it on occasion as well. I actually had 2 copies at one time but gave one of my copies to a young musician who was asking me a lot of questions so I figured he would benefit from the book and I didn't need two copies on my shelf. I think This Business of Music is out of print now.
I know the book and many others. My problem with This Business of Music by Shemel & Krasilovsky is that the 5th Edition was published in 1985 and the 10th Edition was 2007. Everything about the music business has changed except for the merch table. Even what was once consiidered bedrock info about Copyright registration and the PROs no longer applies. For years, my #1 recommendation was Making It With Music: Kenny Rogers' Guide to the Music Business written after his bands broke up and before his solo career took off. It's still a good book on how to manage the business end of a band and not blow through all of your money and songwriting credits but as a guide to anything outside that bubble, it's useless. It's still entertaining and he told some great stories about long ago and far away.
Good points on how quickly the business end of music is changing and that while these were/are great books to have, it's equally as important to keep up with the changes in the way things are done because of the new technology and trends. What is pertinent today, is old news in a few days and outdated by next year. BTW: I have that book from Kenny Rogers you mentioned and This Business of Music is in fact the 4th edition with the latest copyright date of 1979. I'll have to re-read that Rogers book if only for the stories.
Replies 4 Views 177 Read More
Re: Strength To Carry On Guitarhacker 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase
Originally Posted by Deej56
Herb, You may have been away a bit . . . and this may be something different from you . . . but, boy, it's moving and emotional. Nice write as well. I like it a ton. Going to listen to the bass version now, but like the simplicity of this. That said, I could also see you interweaving some strings into this production. A cello perhaps to give it some bottom. Ok, listened to the chorus on the second version. Mind you, I'm just listening over my laptop, so grain of salt stuff. I would make the bass more prominent . . . after listening to both, I do think having more of a bottom under that piano would give the song some richness. I'd go for a single note bass (held) and look to add a cello. But of course, that's just my way of thinking . . . and you ultimately should do what you feel is best and what sounds right to you as the artist. It's a terrific tune just as is, quite honestly. Deej
Thanks for listening and your observations. I wanted it to be as simple as possible and was even hesitant to add the string pad.... so the "bass" is intentionally kept light in the mix. If you have good cans or a sub, it's pretty obvious but yep, on laptop speakers, it's going to be hard to hear. It's the same string pad as I used for the strings but played on the lowest keys on the keyboard I have.
Replies 7 Views 134 Read More
Re: Strength To Carry On Guitarhacker 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase
Originally Posted by rsdean
Herb, A moving, beautiful and all around amazing song... And the production is just superb. Loved it all. Bob
Thank you Bob. I'm glad you like it.
Replies 7 Views 134 Read More
Re: Is there a style with brass section hits in the style of Chicago? Bass Thumper 1 hour ago Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I haven't done a search in BiaB for this style but this I know . . . I love Chicago. +1
Replies 4 Views 115 Read More
Re: Using BIAB in various time signatures 5/4, 12/8, 6/8, 9/8, 11/4 etc. PeterGannon 2 hours ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
> BUT the BiaB track at the same tempo and at 6/8 does not match the others, thus making it useless. Well yes, as I described above, the tempo the DAW is using is wrong for a triplet feel (compound) time signature and is 1.5x too fast, You need a simple MIDI function that stretches midi, to change the tempo from 50 to 75 (for example), but not change the speed. Does your DAW have a function like that? You would need this function if you wanted to mix any n/4 time signature (tempo=50) with your DAW (6/8 simple, set to tempo = 75). It sounds like the (new) option you’d want added to BiaB is “export the MIDI file stretched to 1.5x tempo , for compatibility with DAWS that don’t support triplet based compound time signatures”. Then a midi file exported from BiaB would be wrong, but wrong in the same way as the daw, and two wrongs would make a right. I’ll look into adding that!
Re: Another one - Frank IField MarioD 2 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by MountainSide
Very interesting song...that yodel hook was unique! We've lost a lot of greats lately. Jeff
I agree. RIP Frank.
Replies 2 Views 52 Read More
Re: Another one - Frank IField MountainSide 2 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very interesting song...that yodel hook was unique! We've lost a lot of greats lately. Jeff
Replies 2 Views 52 Read More
Re: Is there a style with brass section hits in the style of Chicago? MarioD 2 hours ago Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by conticreative
Still better than what I could come up with, thank you. I'll go check how they work.
If you can't find a usable Chicago style put a request in the WishList forum and you will get a big +1 from me.
Replies 4 Views 115 Read More
Page 1 of 114 1 2 3 113 114
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Happy Victoria Day! (Monday, May 20th)

We are celebrating Victoria Day on Monday, May 20th!

Our availability through this long weekend is:

Saturday, May 18: Closed
Sunday, May 19: Closed
Monday, May 22: 6am-6pm PT

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,819
Posts737,644
Members38,593
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
eljayjay, tommy kissner, Namahi, JumpinJackP, xristos69
38,592 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 161