Page 2 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
A
andi.k Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Mac - I understand your concerns, but this seems to be the way, it works... under M$ Windows at least.

The update I downloaded today has _creation_ date 1-17 and _modification_ date 1-19 and a size of 6.537.709 Bytes (my timezone is GMT+1).

I guess that downloading indeed counts as a modification by the OS, at least the download process starts at zero bytes and then adds more bytes to the file until it's finished.

Why it manages to maintain the creation date according to the download server must be some http/ftp protocol magic.

Needless to say, but yes: date and time are properly set on my machine

-------

Back to topic, summing up the current state: the 294 non-beta patch does fix only _POPOMED, but does not fix the following styles:

=clap_be
_ROOTSRK
_bossgs
=RTSRKCT
=SLAMRK2
=TEKDRKA
_BOSSPF
_BOSSAF
_POPORGN
_BOSPGS
_POPSHB
=RTSRK16
_POPBRIT
_POPHAR2
_POPHARM
_ROKKAARP
=SYNTHRK

I'm not sure if PG received my emails... Does anyone get sorts of a receipt or even a reply when writing to support@pgmusic.com ? Do they have a bug tracking / ticketing system?

Cheers, Andi
Veteran
Veteran
I think I need to drop out of this one. I don't even have a style called _POPOMED that's mentioned.And I've got them all. So....................Good bye.
Let me just reinforce as you never mentioned it. The flyby message for missing Real Tracks is supposed to be there.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
A
andi.k Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
silvertones - which BIAB version and Paks do you have?

I have BIAB 2010 MegaPak but I did not mention the 10-Pak which was included with my purchase (http://www.pgmusic.com/bonuspaks.htm).

_POPOMED is shown under "Classic" RealStyles [Rock], SD#94

Cheers, Andi
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
I see what andi.k means concerning the dates now.

--Mac

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello Andi,

We'll continue this via email, and will determine what happened. You may have got some of those files from a different installation, or perhaps are missing one of the install files. There was a problem with one of the files (fixed in the patch, thank you for finding that), but that's not related to the others.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Veteran
Veteran
Sorry Andi I don't have this style. I have 2010 Everything Pak.
Does anyone else have this _POPOMED Style ?
I'm curious why I don't.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Veteran
Veteran
John,
I have _POPO(FST, MSL, SLO) styles and no MED style. I have the UltraPak.
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
yea same here

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
A
andi.k Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Hi folks,

there's good news - problem solved - thanks to PG email support - no more complains about missing RealTrack files - everything's fine now

FYK:

_POPOMED seems to be included with a standard installation of BIAB2010 (BIAB main setup + Pro RealTracks 1+2) and gets updated by patch 294. The Memo says "Pop-Rock band with "Dreamy" Electric Guitar, Background Organ and Ac. Strumming. T = 100-130" and it is filed under "Classic Realstyles [Rock]"

=clap_be has been mistakenly installed because one of my MegaPak setup files has a bug. This will be fixed soon.

All other broken styles do not belong to BIAB MegaPak nor 10-Pak but got installed when I tried to fix _POPOMED by installing Realtrack Updates Aug08 and Dec09 provided at http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_realdrums.htm

As a result, style picker showed 21 RealStyles and 57 Realtracks where it should be only 10 RealStyles and 37 RealTracks.

These RT updates did not properly determine which RealTracks have to be updated and mistakenly installed additional style files. This is gonna be fixed soon as well.

In order to fix my BIAB installation I deleted everything, re-installed everything except RT updates, applied the 294 patch and deleted =clap_be.sty

Cheers,
Andi

Cheers, Andi
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
To all:

Just a bit about how windows (in particular, windows explorer, which is called when you download a file, regardless of the browser in use) that may be useful. Unfortunately, the three date properties presented when you examine a file (e.g., downloaded), can be misleading.

The Created Date property is actually the date you downloaded the file (or if in the case of using windows explorer direct) is the date you copied it. This can be misleading to some windows users and has been a long standing issue with how windows handles files. Linux and other operating systems don't modify the create date when you copy or download a file. There are other "auto" file naming 'features' that windows explorer imposes on the user that are also problematic, but that is outside the scope of the Created Date attribute.

A postscript: If PG updates the information in the file, and you use the call up the properties dialog, click the Version tab, the file version and property version may be the only reliable version information. This would thus, require PG to make sure this reflects the actual version (e.g., in the 2010.0.0.294, 2010.0.0.294b, etc.)

Richard

Last edited by rich in ca; 01/20/10 10:29 AM.
A
andi.k Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
To richard: Needless to say that this is very offtopic.... but as stated before, the update I downloaded on 2010-1-19 has _creation_ date 2010-1-17 and _modification_ date 2010-1-19. So, at least with Firefox under Windows XP, creation date is actually not the date when a file was downloaded but modification date is.

Cheers, Andi
Veteran
Veteran
Well glad it's fixed for you. I and Noel and I suspect others don't have that _POPOMED style. They must have messed around with the Pro & Mega Pak.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
if you download an older update, click on properties, you will see that both the create and modify date match your time of download. Hence, the properties of Windows modules used in the download. Off-topic, well, the topic replies included suggestions from forum members on determination of the file create/modify/accessed dates. If you download an older update, examine the properties, I believe you will see the create/modify dates reflect the download date. Accessed date will be when you examined the properties. BTW, I also use FF and XP.

Veteran
Veteran
Andi, I'm glad to hear that it's all worked out for you.
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
T
Journeyman
Journeyman
T
Listening to all this re,biab megapak as Ive just purchased this pack Ive got a feeling it was a mistake and I should have gone for the next one up.

AMD Athlon 7550 dual core
processor 2.51 ghz
1 87 gb ram
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Samson Resolv NF monitors
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard
Fender semi accoustic guitar
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

Listening to all this re,biab megapak as Ive just purchased this pack Ive got a feeling it was a mistake and I should have gone for the next one up.

Then contact PGMusic Sales right away to see about arranging an upgrade. They'll work with you, within reason and they are great people to deal with.

--Mac

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,831
Posts749,852
Members38,907
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
CIowomen23, G.E.N.T.L.E, Paulette Shaw, Guadalupe, Kurtis Patrick
38,907 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
rsdean 134
DC Ron 130
BYOBand 101
vicarn 95
MarioD 95
Noel96 77
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.