Page 1 of 2 1 2
#572342 12/24/19 10:46 AM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Whispering Winds

As the wind blows through the trees, leaves start falling, and a cold feeling comes over you. It is like the wind is whispering to you.

Things have been a little hectic here. Thus this is me having a little fun with BiaB.

BiaB style = Awaken1 - Slow, Mystic New Age, tempo = 50 BPM

All tracks had Presonus Pro EQ
Bass = Kontakt-Amadeus -Bass
I wrote a Cello track based on the Bass track = Kontakt-Amadeus -Cellos
Piano = Synthmaster -Dusty Pad Preset
Guitar = Synthmaster One-Light Years Preset
Strings = Kontakt-Mark Tree (chimes)

I am playing the guitar - effects = Vocal Rider-EZ2 mix Ambient preset-TR5 Tape Echo

Last edited by MarioD; 12/24/19 10:47 AM.

Inflation is so bad that CEOs are now playing miniature golf!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
MarioD #572345 12/24/19 10:56 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Lovely, Mario! Snow falling here in Flagstaff on Xmas Eve. Nice combo!

ThinkPad i9 32GB RAM 7TB SSD; Win11 Pro; RME Fireface UCX II; BiaB 2024 Ultra
Bitwig Studio 5; Studio One Pro 6; Melodyne Studio 5; Acoustica Premium 7
Gig Performer 5; NI S61 MK3; Focal Shape 65; Beyerdynamic DT 880 & 770
MarioD #572407 12/24/19 06:32 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Mario,
beautiful & serene tune. Chimes work very well, but at times they would come a little too strong. Enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

MarioD #572499 12/26/19 07:31 AM
User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
Mario...

As usual...
Another great composition from you...
I enjoyed listening to it...
Very peaceful & serene!

I hope you & you family had a Merry Christmas...
And things are going well for all of you!

BTW...
For taking time to listen to “There Won't Be No Christmas This Year”
You will find my response to your comments there...
Also I’d like to mention...
You really add to the success of this User Showcase forum!
Thanks again!

Jim
†=☮&♥
MarioD #572508 12/26/19 09:18 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice work..... I love the melancholy feel to the start with the minor chords then the change to major.

To me the fall is always kind of sad. Not only are the trees dropping leaves and things are dying or hibernating, also the year is about to end. But that is all a prelude to the new awakening in the spring that follows winter.

You nailed that feeling between the minor to Maj and back again and on and on like the seasons themselves.

Yep... nice reflective piece.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
MarioD #572510 12/26/19 09:39 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Mario,

You are the New Age king! I always like when you do these...

fj

MarioD #572532 12/26/19 01:01 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Mario, you are the king of ambient/ethereal sounding material around here! I love the way your mind works when you arrange these tunes! In other words...Excellent!!! Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TheMaartian
Lovely, Mario! Snow falling here in Flagstaff on Xmas Eve. Nice combo!

Thanx so much. We had a green Christmas and in fact are running 15-20°F (-6 to -9°C) above normal here.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Mario,
beautiful & serene tune. Chimes work very well, but at times they would come a little too strong. Enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Misha thanx for listening and making those constructive criticisms. I appreciate that.

Jim #572549 12/26/19 02:09 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim
Mario...

As usual...
Another great composition from you...
I enjoyed listening to it...
Very peaceful & serene!

I hope you & you family had a Merry Christmas...
And things are going well for all of you!

BTW...
For taking time to listen to “There Won't Be No Christmas This Year”
You will find my response to your comments there...
Also I’d like to mention...
You really add to the success of this User Showcase forum!
Thanks again!

Thanx Jim. Yes we had a very Merry Christmas and things are progressing very well here.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Nice work..... I love the melancholy feel to the start with the minor chords then the change to major.

To me the fall is always kind of sad. Not only are the trees dropping leaves and things are dying or hibernating, also the year is about to end. But that is all a prelude to the new awakening in the spring that follows winter.

You nailed that feeling between the minor to Maj and back again and on and on like the seasons themselves.

Yep... nice reflective piece.

Thanx so much Herb. Thanx for noticing those chord changes. I like to mess around with them.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Mario,

You are the New Age king! I always like when you do these...

fj

Thanx Floyd. I just am having fun with music now. After playing what others wanted for many years I am playing what I like now.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Mario, you are the king of ambient/ethereal sounding material around here! I love the way your mind works when you arrange these tunes! In other words...Excellent!!! Thanks, Torrey

Thanx Torrey. But sometimes I worry about the way my mind works.

MarioD #572593 12/27/19 03:55 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You've really captured what you set out to achieve here, Mario.

Haunting, and I like the tape echo, as though there's an answer to the call.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
MarioD #572596 12/27/19 04:01 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Mario, ol´chum !

I agree with those who
say that you are the King of ambient
music ! This is very soothing and
even haunting in between !
What wonderful chord changes !

A most Merry Christmas
and a most Happy New Year to
you Mario !

Cheers
Dani

MarioD #572605 12/27/19 05:19 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Wow - this is a favourite of mine for sure now smile It really sets a mood, and I love the ambient, chilled out vibe on this. Really easy to follow and simultaneously peaceful and melancholic.

Great work - thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Deryk
MarioD #572612 12/27/19 05:59 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Mario I just love this tune. Love the backtrack and the guitar just floats above it. Very cool tone and the effects were perfect. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
MarioD #572628 12/27/19 07:52 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A mellow soundscape Mario.I like the guitar tone and those tinkling shimmers falling around the backdrop.
Cool and relaxing music.

Robert

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
You've really captured what you set out to achieve here, Mario.

Haunting, and I like the tape echo, as though there's an answer to the call.

Thanx so much for listening and commenting. I appreciate it.

dani48 #572643 12/27/19 09:17 AM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Mario, ol´chum !

I agree with those who
say that you are the King of ambient
music ! This is very soothing and
even haunting in between !
What wonderful chord changes !

A most Merry Christmas
and a most Happy New Year to
you Mario !

Cheers
Dani

Dani, the only thing that I am king of is my castle, and that is only when the wife is out wink

Thanx for these very nice comments. I'm glad that you noticed the chord changes.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,834
Posts749,895
Members38,908
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
CIowomen23, G.E.N.T.L.E, Paulette Shaw, Guadalupe, Kurtis Patrick
38,907 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
rsdean 130
DC Ron 125
BYOBand 102
vicarn 98
MarioD 95
dcuny 76
Noel96 76
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.