Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#81529 08/03/10 12:32 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
B
OP Offline
B
Running Win XP Professional. When I press the buttons on my laptop to increase or decrease the volume, my computer plays notes. How do I shut it off?

Veteran
Veteran
Brian,

Is this when BIAB is running or when you use your computer normally?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
D
Veteran
Veteran
D
Quote:

Running Win XP Professional. When I press the buttons on my laptop to increase or decrease the volume, my computer plays notes. How do I shut it off?

Got to be a setting to disable audible sounds in your Sounds and Audio Devices within the Control Panel. Since the settings are different for each audio device I don't see them on this computer, but I am pretty sure I have seen them in the past and disabled to avoid loud beeps thorugh my monitors during music work.

Edit:

I believe you are talking about System Sounds. This are controlled in the Sounds and Audio Devices within the Control Panel. Select the Sounds Tab, then for Sounds scheme, select no sounds. That will quite all system sounds or you can customize which sounds you want on this same tab.

Last edited by jazzmandan; 08/03/10 04:41 PM.

Final Tour - Not with a Bang but with a wimper! Ended.

B
OP Offline
B
Sorry. When BIAB is running only. And only when a song is actually playing.

Last edited by brian329; 08/03/10 06:33 PM.
D
Veteran
Veteran
D
Quote:

Yieps, that certainly is strange behavior.

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Quote:

Yieps, that certainly is strange behavior.

Forget what it's called, but it's a wizard, a part of BIAB, that lets you play notes from your QWERTY keyboard. It can be turned on and off.

Richard

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
Is the "Wizard" button checked? (at the top, toward the right). Here's a desciption from the Help - (btw, I'm not sure what version my Help file is, but my Wizard checkbox is in the upper right, not "to the right of the song title", as it says below) :

"The Wizard is a 'play along' feature that allows you to use the computer keyboard to play along with Band-in-a-Box. The neat part about the Wizard is that it ensures that whatever you play sounds good.....

....How To Turn The Wizard On/Off

Click on the checkbox to the right of the song title to turn the Wizard feature On/Off.

Or Choose Wizard Playalong feature from the Play menu.

(The Wizard is only active during playback.)

How To Play The Wizard

The Wizard Keys are active during playback. The active keys are the lower 2 rows of the keyboard."

So, Brian, I'm sure others will chime in too, but in the meantime you could do a search on "QWERTY" (which is slang for your computer keyboard) on your Help file's Search tab - it brings up quite a few results.

Bobby K.

EDIT: Darnit, Richard, you beat me to it!

B
OP Offline
B
That's what it was-the Wizard. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! I missed that in the manual somehow. I appreciate the help guys.

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

EDIT: Darnit, Richard, you beat me to it!

One of the neatest things about the Playalong Wiz is that when you choose a harmonized voice you STILL can't 'play' a wrong note. It's way cool.

R.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,834
Posts749,900
Members38,908
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
lucap, CIowomen23, G.E.N.T.L.E, Paulette Shaw, Guadalupe
38,908 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
rsdean 130
DC Ron 125
BYOBand 102
MarioD 99
vicarn 98
Noel96 76
dcuny 76
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.