John,

I am listening to your demos as I type (Don't Close Your Eyes) and I am on board with the rest of the crew meaning your demos are not the reason you are not playing gigs every week. However with that said and the vast amount of great advice already given (especially don't play for free) I would look into the way you are marketing yourself and if not start, and if you are and it's not working look for ways to improve your marketing skills.

I am not sure if this was mentioned already but don't rule out the corporate circuit, especially around the holidays. Also look into the themed party gigs, Christmas, St. Paddy's Day, Cinco de Mayo, Luau's and even Mardi Gras (yes even away from New Orleans people have Mardi Gras parties). With this said a good place to put a flyer advertising your themed performances is at your local "Party Stores" as many upscale house and corporate parties start there. i.e., put together (I call it my a load of beach/island music. For instance a party planner spends 200.00 300.00 on food and decorations for a party for 50 people or so what's another 100.00 for an hour of live entertainment . . . just saying.

Break a Leg!

PS: Would you consider retirement communities? 99% have budgets for live entertainment and these days they are pretty upscale, I know as I play 65 of them on a regular basis.