Quote:

Some very good points. I've offered to play for tips. I guess I should have a fee as well cause as you say it shows how desperate I am.
I actually got a little lucky and when i stopped by at what i considered the most appropriate places that I've been I got to talk to the person hiring the entertainment. Here is the deal. All 3 places basic hire:
1. classic rock
2. blues
3. regae
One place is 5 nights a week, one is two nights a week & one is four nights a week.
The consensus is to them it doesn't matter that on the off nights nobody is there. They WILL NOT hire anything other then the type of acts they already have.Wouldn't matter if I brought in 500 people.
Straight out of the horses mouth. These places just don't like County. Period.

First, sent me those links I would love to hear them. Second, pros don't play for free period. Keep going out to these places, hear what the entertainment is doing and keep talking to them. How you talk to them is important too, you have to convey the impression you've been around, done some good things over the years, worked with some people, name drop a little, talk like a pro.
Versatility is the key so you may have to do another demo to show you are doing exactly what they want to hear. My friends and I have several different demos depending on the proposed gig. Doing commercial gigs has very little to do with your taste, it's a business and you have to play what they want. Good luck, man.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.