Print Thread
Go To
#89129 10/29/10 04:05 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi everyone,
I am recently into Gypsyguitar playing. Unfortunately there isn`t a good Gypsyguitar available, so I want to create a short Real-Track Pattern myself. One for 4/4 and one for 4/3 bar. How does that work? I assume I have to record the pattern with exact start and ending points and then...?
I want to be able to pick my self-created Real-Track-guitar-style in the style picker and use it just like any other Realtrack style.

Thanks,
Sandra

"GuitarVersum" YouTube Channel: Jazz Chord Melody Tutorials
Jazz Guitar Lessons | Jazz Guitar Gear Reviews
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkT05N04ICdHgmDZrGYz-5A

Lesson Shop:
https://guitarversum.com/shop

Veteran
Veteran
Can't do it.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Veteran
Veteran
Hey PG, how about letting Sandra record some licks for you?

R.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Veteran
Veteran
That's a great idea, Ryszard! Sandra is one of the best gypsy guitarists that I've ever heard. Her work is sensational! It would certainly add a unique sound to the BIAB collection.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
PG Music has a proprietary process for making Real Tracks that they have not released to users, so it's not the same situation as Real Drums, where users could create their own.

Sandra, put this in the BIAB Styles Wishlist. Perhaps as Ryszard & Noel suggested, they will hire you to play so they can create the Real Track(s) you need.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
W
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
W
Sandra:

You haven't said how you want to use the track of yourself playing. But if you can find a style that's close to the feel you want, you can give it the chords and have it generate a song from them. Then you could drop all the tracks BIAB generates into a MIDI/audio sequencer like Cakewalk Sonar and record your performance there to play with them.

Just be sure you set both the BIAB and Sequencer tempos to the same time.

I just started with BIAB, and have found this to be a terrific feature.

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thans guys,
Now that I got into the topic a bit I see why it`s not possible. And if it was it`d be a lotta work to make it sound good in ervery key and a good tempo range.

I`ll post it in the wishlist forum.
Actually, all I wanted was a good Gypsy comping for 4/4 and 4/3 measures.
I usually do it with the Freddy Green style which is the best choice substituting a Gypsy style. But making it a 3/4 style sounds odd. Also there is no Gypsy Bossa available (which is completely different from the normal Bossa Nova, the only thing they have in common is that they`re both straight)
I know I can record into Cubase etc, that`s what I do when I record the Demo anyway. But just for quick practising etc I wanted a BIAB RT style.

"GuitarVersum" YouTube Channel: Jazz Chord Melody Tutorials
Jazz Guitar Lessons | Jazz Guitar Gear Reviews
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkT05N04ICdHgmDZrGYz-5A

Lesson Shop:
https://guitarversum.com/shop

J
Expert
Expert
J
I put a suggestion for some Gypsy Jazz RT's in the Wish List forum back in July of 2009 but have yet to see any Gypsy Jazz RT's come out yet. I suggested using John Jorgenson as the musician but at this point in time, it really does not matter who PG Music uses as long as they are in the next upgrade!

Hopefully it will be soon.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
you could always create a style from a gypsy bossa midi track.

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Good point.

One can also record their own playing using a MIDI guitar and then make that into a Style as well.

--Mac

Expert
Expert
I'll share with you some thoughts on how I use BIAB and real tracks and offer an alternative to creating a real tracks style.

When real drums and real tracks first came out, I wasn't real sure they were a good idea and continued to mainly use BIAB to generate MIDI tracks to use in creating my music. As the number of real tracks increased and I took the time to experiment with them, I realized how analogous real tracks were to the acid loops that I had been using for some time. In many ways the real tracks are more versatile.

I'm seldom using real tracks exactly as they are generated but exporting them to my DAW software and slicing up the generated tracks and using them very much like I've used loops in the past (although they are not acidize.....I'm getting the pitch and tempo at the time they are generated in BIAB and making sure that the project set to the same tempo and key).

Since we currently don't have the information necessary to create real tracks, I would advise creating acidized loops that have meta data embedded that save the original pitch, tempo, and data of an audio loop and allow the loop to take on the pitch and tempo of the piece that you place the loop into. You need to have software that is capable of creating these loops with the embedded meta data but there are several out there like Acid Pro , Sound Forge , SONAR , and Cubase. You can't use these loops in BIAB but I certainly use them often in conjunction with music that I have cut out of BIAB generated songs. Once you have your loops created, the will conform to the tempo and the pitch of the song that you place them in. There is a rather narrow limit of pitch changing that you can do where the pitch change sound good so its advisable to create a number of loops recorded at different pitchs to accomadate a wider range of keys.

Something to think about.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Veteran
Veteran

Last edited by silvertones; 11/01/10 08:37 AM.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Expert
Expert
I assume that since you've done this John, that you've charted the files as far as the root chord for each of the 32 files and then mapped the chord changes within each file. That would be the hard work involved in pulling this off.....other than actually recording the new audio files of course. Care to share that part of your work?

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Veteran
Veteran
I just couldn't get it to work. Can't remember how I did it.

Last edited by silvertones; 11/01/10 12:32 PM.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Veteran
Veteran
Another little thing that may be able to be done, and at this point is just a thought in my head, is to actually use the tool for making your own RDs. This wouldn't work in BIAB but you could make it work in RB. The key would be to get the instrument sound consistent during the recording process. I won't explain the RD making process per say as there's a tutorial.The simpler the music the better. What you do is record 4 measures all 12 chords in maj, min,7th's. in a strum pattern.Then roll your own RD but instead of a drum .wav file use one of the strum patterns. You'll end up with 36 new RD files. Now in RB highlite the area you want a particular chord, choose it from the RD list and there you go. I think.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
XPro & Xtra Styles Sets On Sale Until July 15th!

Save up-to 40% when you purchase XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs before July 15, 2024!

The most recent XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box® 2023 or higher include additional Styles for Band-in-a-Box® that work seamlessly with your project. We offer XPro Styles PAKs that work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® package, and Xtra Styles PAKs for UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile users!

We recently released a combined total of 300 new Styles in XPro Styles PAK 6 and Xtra Styles PAK 17!

Each PAK can be purchased for $29: Order XPro Styles PAKs | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

The 100 new styles added with XPro Styles PAK 6 include 25 Rock & Pop, 25 Jazz, 25 Country, and 25 Progressive Rock! These add styles like funky soul jazz, uplifting pop-rock, 12-8 country ballads, hard and heavy progressive rock, '70s funk, dubby reggae jams, driving country rock, synth-heavy prog rock, and many more! Video: XPro Styles PAK 6 Demos

Xtra Styles PAK 17 adds 200 new styles to any Band-in-a-Box 2023 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile installation! You'll find 50 each for Rock & Pop, Jazz, and Country. What about the remaining 50? We've added them with a new category: World 1! In Xtra Styles PAK 17, you'll find styles like: laid-back pop country, mellow smooth jazz, '80s new wave, Caribbean reggae, '90s alternative pop, modern jazz fusion, funky Texas blues, Afro-Cuban grooves, and even mariachi-infused Motown... and more! Video: Xtra Styles PAK 14 Demos

Mac User? Click here for your announcement.

NEW - The Band-in-a-Box® 2024 VST DAW Plugin 6.0 for Mac®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes the new VST DAW Plugin 6.0!

This new Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin has over 20 new features including near instant playback direct from disk, to audition various styles without creating WAV files. You can now load chords from MIDI files. There's support for Shots/Rest/Holds on Utility tracks, and more! For Reaper® DAW users, the Plugin has added built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

Every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® includes the VST DAW Plugin, and all Mac® upgrades are on sale until July 15th!

Save up-to 50% when you upgrade to Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® today - check out the different upgrade options here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac is here with over 50 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, “Songs with Vocals” Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, two new sets of “RealDrums Stems,” and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Upgrade purchases until July 15, 2024 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some incredible Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2024 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 50 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2024 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available, and if you have any questions about your upgrade feel free to connect with us directly!

User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,155
Posts741,376
Members38,678
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
stevemark6, Bassguitar_Sebas, Qamer, folk, Fenderwp
38,678 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)