Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Post your own Tips and Tricks here
rharv Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This is one reason I prefer RB; it is easy to highlite just a section of the song, generate a real track to try it, if you don't like it just 'edit-undo' and try another one. Trying small sections (like one verse) speeds up the generation time and lets me try more selections in less time.

Posted here to appease Matt ...

I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Make your sound your own!
Veteran
Veteran
And a very good idea it is (yours, not appeasing me).

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
rharv Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Didn't want the blame.

Veteran
Veteran
Why hit undo ? I posted a song Smooth Ride with bass regenerated as much as 3 times in a single bar to make some space for other instruments . I started with a whole generation of it went back and cut holes where I didn't want bass and regenerated as needed ,sometimes as little as 1 beat. Whatsa no carrotsa with appease ?

rharv Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Yes, you can just generate over it again, but if I *know* it's not what I want I just undo out of habit.

A
A
Pray, how do you regenerate selected bars only?

A
A
Ah - RealBand - not BIAB, sry ...

rharv Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I think BiaB does this now also

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

Pray, how do you regenerate selected bars only?

Using your mouse, hold the left button down, swipe the bars you want to regen, and then right click the track and the action you want is toward the bottom. Know that only from regenerating a solo 10 times until I got what I liked.

Alternatively you can create more tracks with the same Real Track, create several segments, and then cut and paste them together with one from column A and one from column B until you get what you want. I did that with a guitar solo and it ended up being almost what I would have told the guy to play if he was in my studio.

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Look at you Mr Eddie, you get the thing goin' now.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2024, Realband, Reaper, Harrison Mixbus 32c , Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Veteran
Veteran
"....but if I *know* it's not what I want I just undo out of habit."

Me too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have gotten some very interesting results by regenerating many different choices and not only cutting and pasting but playing 2 or more of them at the same time at different levels. On one song I have two pedal steel tracks and a fiddle, and playing them all at the same time created a very happy accident where all three tracks did did a short gliss that ended up sounding like smooth pitch bend event that slid into a perfect triad.

Now the other shoe. I have had HORRENDOUS results doing that too. All trial and error. Play with volumes, fades, etc.

So bottom line is that the right real track may be a compilation of several.

Veteran
Veteran
For country lovers try playing with twin fiddles, results can ve awesome

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is rough is when I get something I love that I know cannot be replicated in a live situation without 2 pedal steel players and 3 fiddlers.... LOL!!

rharv Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
That's when you pretend you are doing it all with your ebow (sorry, couldn't resist)

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

That's when you pretend you are doing it all with your ebow (sorry, couldn't resist)

riddle:
how is the following sentence like a Christmas carol?

"can you touch your nose to your ebow...?"

answer:

No "L"

Veteran
Veteran
Funny, but no longer as good a joke, since now there is such a thing as an "ebow" (and you could touch your nose to it). This link is for guitarists:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/manufact...CFYt-5QodrkkusA

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am probably going to buy one of those just to play with it. The thread I started about the ebow has piqued my curiosity about how it actually works. Mac had some insights about the electromagnetic field it generates and now I need to know.

I just want to know if I buy it on eBay, does that makes it an eBay eBow?

Veteran
Veteran
And if you play the sixth, is that note an Ebola?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No more than if you set it on your leg is it an ebony....

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,685
Posts748,094
Members38,855
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico, vantuir
38,855 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 203