Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
In my yahoo mailbox, left clicking no longer opens a incoming message. However, right click > open does open my incoming messages. Left click works correctly in all other apps. Apparently it's a common problem with FF/Yahoo but their suggestions (clear cookies and history) did not correct the problem. Do you wonderful folks have any suggestions?

TIA

Off-Topic
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you reboot? Pull the mouse out fo the slot and reconnect? It may just be a bad rodent.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Eddie, yes, I have rebooted several times - no joy. It shouldn't matter that I neglected to mention that it's a Logitech Wireless rodent and I replaced batteries just to eliminate that possibility. Thanks though, Amica. It's rated for 3,000 hours continuous operation on 2 AA alkaline batteries with auto shutdown to save batteries. Not like my Gateway wireless mouse that literally ate batteries.

BTTD = Back To The Drawing-board.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
does the left button do what the RIGHT use to do? did you somehow reverse to make it a southpaw mouse (i.e., switch primary and secondary buttons)

fixed in control panel under mouse

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
No, Larry, it works correctly in all other apps. It seems to be a FF/Yahoo Mail combination problem exclusively. It's well acknowledged in FF Help but none of their suggested fixes helped. I didn't try uninstall/reinstall because that was reported as "no help!"

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
you've probably already tried this but using Firefox safe mode and disabling stuff to see if it "fixes" issue then re-enabling until; it's broke again to find culprit?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode

just a thought

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 08/25/12 08:09 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
I'd also be trying a reinstall of the mouse drivers.

--Mac

Off-Topic
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don, if it was users who reported that "un and re" (installing) did not help, I would do it anyway. If it was Mozilla saying that I would have a different opinion.

If your mouse works in other apps there is nothing wrong with your drivers. Drivers don't pick and choose when they will work. This is Mozilla related. Did Mozilla push out one of their silent updates recently? I use Chrome so I don't know if Mozilla still does that with Firefox, only that it was one of the reasons I stopped using Firefox. Seems every time I restarted there was yet another "patch".

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Mac and Eddie, it's fixed but hadta switch to IE because, after uninstall/reinstall I had same problem in FF and Chrome. I'm okay now with IE but want to thank you both for diving in to help save my bacon.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Do you have it set to single click? I found the same thing in FF and just double clicked it anyway and then it worked. Don't know if it will work for you, because my net computer is a Mac. Good luck Don!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Don

When you have time, and just out of curiosity, try Firefox safe mode and disabling all the “add-ons", plug-ins and extensions.

You might be surprised how much “stuff” is there. Of course, you the user, allowed 95+% of it. You had to consciously click on and ”allow” at some point. Granted, if you didn’t “allow” then there was probably some other plug-in/add-on you DID want, but it was bundled as one install and it was either an all or none situation or, the install was so double negative language laden you thought it wasn’t being installed when, in fact, it was.

Most users would be better off turning off/not using/not installing half that crap anyway. Just how many toolbars (Ask, Google, Yahoo, blah, blah, do you really need anyway?

http://www.howtogeek.com/101242/you-can-never-have-too-many-toolbars-humorous-image/

and limit using/installing apps that need/require JAVA to max extent possible (admittedly, usually not under your direct conscious install control but...)

OK let the “I’ve been devolving apps and SW since the Altair 8800, and I’ve been using/writing JAVA apps since ‘before it was caffeinated, it is not now, and never has been, a member of the ‘bug your computer party,’ etc.” begin.

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 08/25/12 12:27 PM.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Larry, I disabled EVERYTHING but still no joy. Interestingly, my Dynavox Win 7/32 has the exact FF/Yahoo Mail configuration and works flawlessly. Go figure! I like FF but I don't appreciate this aggravation. I'll run IE for now. Thanks for trying.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Spoke too soon, it's doing it in IE also! Crud! My Dynavox is still unaffected. Weird, aye wot?

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

Do you have it set to single click? I found the same thing in FF and just double clicked it anyway and then it worked. Don't know if it will work for you, because my net computer is a Mac. Good luck Don!

I have it set for Single Click but that's not a recent change. I had suspected that as a possibility so I'll change it to Double Click and post back after supper (dinner to some folks).

Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
I've lately noticed some weird problems with different puters running windows that were traced to recent Adobe updates...

In all but one case, Restore to a point before the update restored proper operation.

Just thought I'd mention this, but be advised that I haven't seen that corrupt Mouse action yet. One or more customers had a situation where the streaming of Adobe audio applet would not stop, it would just keep repeating over and over when it got to the end of the soundfile. In another case, much of Firefox was somehow rendered weird and almost inoperable, yielding vastly different views from IE such as missing dropdowns and buttons on websites.

Juat thought this bears mentioning. I wouldn't just blanket stop Adobe updating over this, as Adobe development is very likely to solve the problem in future releases once they sort through all the complaints they are likely to be receiving. And quite often is the case that these updates are for security reasons...

--Mac

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

Quote:

I have it set for Single Click but that's not a recent change. I had suspected that as a possibility so I'll change it to Double Click and post back after supper (dinner to some folks).

Changing to double click did not help. Color me mildly miffed!

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

I've lately noticed some weird problems with different puters running windows that were traced to recent Adobe updates...

In all but one case, Restore to a point before the update restored proper operation.

Trying RESTORE, I'll check back.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
RESTORE did not help! Woe is meself. Strange that the exact configuration on my Dynavox (Win 7/32) works perfectly. Go figure!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
This is not going to help you - other than misery loves company. LOL! Just wanted to tell you that I use IE and I'm having similar issues - I thought something was wrong with my mouse. It happens in all my mail accounts with Yahoo being the worst and it's intermittent. Sometimes it won't work at all. Other times it'll work on some messages and not on others. Sometimes if I click around on different folders - inbox etc and then go back it'll work. It's totally weird. Virus and malware checks out clean.

I just got the latest Flash update today so for me at least, likely not the culprit.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I didn't change mine to double click, just double clicked anyway and it worked Don. Hope you can figure it out Don!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,802
Posts749,552
Members38,896
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Simao, Rdub, ElmerM, Terrykane, BlueJay0815
38,895 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
rsdean 125