The Martin strings are great. Just have the action set for that brand and the gauge you use; most techs will do it for between $35-$50. Fret dressing is a little extra, but worth it. Refretting is a whole 'nother deal, of course, but it changed my whole acoustic sound. I highly recommend it.

The Baggs pickup is more current than my knowledge and is certainly the way to go. I would still take a hard look at that internal mic in addition. It adds a dimension that no pickup can. You're already used to running two cords, so if you can't get it as an integrated install (but I'd try, using a three-conductor end-pin jack and cord) you're ready to go.

Mac's comment about the phase shifter surprised me, but I rarely doubt him. Each level of time-domain effect--phase shifter, flanger, and chorus--is characterized by a longer delay time and correspondingly smoother sound. I've never heard a PS that smooth--I'd love to know who makes it. Anyway, look up Chaquico's acoustic rig; I am certain he will have good pointers for you.

You're asking the right questions. Keep at it and one of these days we'll be looking up your rig.

R.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."