Peter

Saw your PM - don't mind giving you my email but others here may, or may not, want to at least see initial post on "settings" might help them if they are having trouble as well. I am no ASIO expert and don’t shoot for ultra low latencies since when I want/need audio AND MIDI simultaneously (which is what we are really talking about - MIDI to trigger some synth) I USE dedicated external HW synths.

Otherwise I simply render MIDI file to audio wav using whatever softsynth I want (unless whole thing is 100% MIDI song) and continue. While I have most of the usual suspect softsynths this is exactly why I prefer HW: turn it on and play. It works every time: no settings, no fuss, no muss.
Now on to your issues (pics of my ASIO settings to follow).

Korg Legacy Collection. The loading/functioning of which has nothing to do with ASIO or MME settings (this is just for the other thread followers). I assume Powertracks is the only app having trouble loading a Korg module (e.g., the M1) from the 32 bit lib in C:\Program Files (X86)\Korg\Korg Legacy\ … location?
If yes and you've completely uninstalled, cleaned up left over files, and re-installed Powertracks - I'm already out of ideas.

As to ASIO here are settings for both my M-Audio FW410 ASIO and ASIO4ALL (using the MoBo Realtek HD)
No sense posting pics for this but on ASIO4ALL I can run that buffer size down to 64, usually with no issues, but I tend to run 128 or 256 for consistency (fewer glitches on very heavy loads) - I've played with all the other check boxes, and latency settings - but nothing gets "better" and sometimes it goes simply goes out to lunch so I leave it as you see it.

Final thought - have you got the right, or at least updated, Realtek drivers for your Realtek chip??
Good luck
Larry

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
M-audio ASIO.jpg (195.88 KB, 64 downloads)
ASIO4ALL.jpg (182.22 KB, 62 downloads)
Last edited by Larry Kehl; 07/19/14 01:37 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20