Rich doesn't pay me to say this in any way. So when I say 99centguitarlessons.com is the cat's meow it's because they are such nice people to deal with. And the information is first rate.

If you are older and don't internalize new information in the way you did when you were in your 20s and 30s....but you love the thrill/challenge of learning new stuff. These dirt cheap classes could be for you. Paypal or other avenues of online payment get the classes on your desk top in 10 to 20 minutes depending on size of class and your isp speed. Checks and other denominations are accepted. Probably no bit coin yet.

You get a video in which you are spoon fed the info two bars at a time, at somewhere around 4 bars you play along with him; after you stop the class and get the material under your fingers... you then play along with him and a metronome.

Blues/not a lot of rock, tons of great jazz stuff, holiday chord melody lessons and other xtian music. They are yours for ever to go over to your heart's content. In the jazz stuff you are always told where these notes are coming from and why.

It's up to you to do the leg work. The theory is on the light side. BUT there are courses in that if you want. Six month long classes in reading meter or other aspects of theory.

There are sets of classes at a good discount so if you want to know everything about Georgia On My Mind with the Ray Charles changes and into, 19.95 gets you a chord melody class, improv insights which are not as deep as I'd like them to be but they are informative never the less, an arpeggio study, the head, sometimes several graduated solos, and octave solo, manuscript w/tab below, practice tracks, we hardly need those do we? But they are part of the download if you wish. The charts and practice tracks come with 90% of the classes.

If you want to play better enough to work at it but don't want to move to Boston and Berkley this is a very good way to go.

Almost forgot, you can pay 30bux a month and have access to every thing on the site. There are also private skype lessons available.

Ron

`15 Audiophile, Toshiba17", 3Mhz, 4gig ram, 500gig HD, Win7, Tascam 122mkII interface, Tascam 16 track 8 buss recording mixer, 2 Avalon747sps,CAD VX2 mic, AKG C1000s, mac and Digital Performer.