Software Leasing....

I've been doing it the past year on Adobe Audition. I was very resistant to it at first. Much better to outright purchase I thought. Didn't have much choice with Adobe though since they no longer provide newer versions of software as one-time purchase. If I calculated out my $20 month payments to 2 years, that would be about the same spent as an outright purchase (Also the rough amount of time until a major software revision). The benefit to paying the lease is that I get all updates and software revisions as long as I use it. They provide updates and bug fixes about every month or two.

The bottom line you need to think about before starting a lease on software is whether or not you use it enough to justify the payment. If you don't, stay with your older version. At some point Cakewalk will probably force lease-only payment option as Adobe did.

In my case, I've been a life-long user of Audition since the days Syntrillium owned it as Cool Edit Pro. I really like the interface and there's no learning curve for me to go through if I had hopped over to Cakewalk, Pro Tools, etc. It's worth the cost to keep paying and ALWAYS having the most current version.

/END RANT smile

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory