Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
Well Bob, you got my vote. I immediately thought of Ray Benson and Asleep At The Wheel.... what Guitarhacker said!!

Texas swing for sure!! Sounds like you may have spent some time in Texas or a least listen to some Texas swing.

I hear Asleep At The Wheel on the radio in Texas from time to time and this song would play well there.

"My V8's makin' wicked time" is a cool line.

Good stuff.

Cheers,

Billy

ditto!

All I can add is this is one super song!

LOVED IT!

Yeah, I've got O.C.D, Old, Cranky, and Dangerous.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Mario,

Thanks for listening and the kind remarks. I'm just following Dr. G's admonition to "Have Fun". grin

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
So nice! great write and performance. I love the sound of these instruments (esp. bass, drums, and piano) the mix sounds good to me, enjoyed.
Kenny

User Showcase
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
So nice! great write and performance. I love the sound of these instruments (esp. bass, drums, and piano) the mix sounds good to me, enjoyed.
Kenny

Kenny,

Thanks for listening and the kind remarks.

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Both the production and song are great Bob. You always do a great vocal. But on this one, I don't know if it's the key or the styling or the mix or some new production technique/ equipment you used - or all of the above. Whatever you did, your voice sounds so "silky" on this track that the vocal downright sparkles - it's truly gorgeous.

Well done!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Enjoyed that Bob. The Honky Tonk style certainly suits your voice.
Love - Lone star state/palpitate. Cheers.

User Showcase
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Both the production and song are great Bob. You always do a great vocal. But on this one, I don't know if it's the key or the styling or the mix or some new production technique/ equipment you used - or all of the above. Whatever you did, your voice sounds so "silky" on this track that the vocal downright sparkles - it's truly gorgeous.

Well done!

Josie,

Thanks for listening and the nice comments. As for the technique, I've been playing around with using multiple instances of light compression, so maybe that's what sounds different.

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Enjoyed that Bob. The Honky Tonk style certainly suits your voice.
Love - Lone star state/palpitate. Cheers.

RichMac -

Thanks for the listen and kind comments.

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Cool groove, nice mix, really nice lead break with the multi-real tracks. Great use of BIAB tracks.

Elliott Kayne
elliottkayne@gmail.com
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic
https://www.facebook.com/ekayne

Health, Wealth, Family, Faith, Friends, and Fun

User Showcase
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Elliott,

Thanks for listening and commenting.

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Bob,

This song really swings. (Makes traveling much easier :D)
Good lyrics and vocals.
Enjoyed!

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Bob,

This song really swings. (Makes traveling much easier :D)
Good lyrics and vocals.
Enjoyed!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Rob and Anne-Marie,

Thanks for listening and the kind words.

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

This is a fantastic listen! The production really pulled me into the mix and the lyrics are excellent. The line "a yellow rose of Texas in her hair" is just great. I also really like the drum roll intro. Nice.

In addition to the above, I found myself trying to work out what that chord was on 'pedal' in "Got that pedal down"... on my first listen, it sounded like it went down a semitone... on my second listen, though, it sounded like a tone. Whichever it was, I liked it!

All in all, this is a really good song!

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Bob,

This is a fantastic listen! The production really pulled me into the mix and the lyrics are excellent. The line "a yellow rose of Texas in her hair" is just great. I also really like the drum roll intro. Nice.

In addition to the above, I found myself trying to work out what that chord was on 'pedal' in "Got that pedal down"... on my first listen, it sounded like it went down a semitone... on my second listen, though, it sounded like a tone. Whichever it was, I liked it!

All in all, this is a really good song!

Regards,
Noel

Hey Noel,

Thanks for listening and commenting. That note is supposed to be a semitone, but I probably flatted it! grin I do that a lot now that I'm in my dotage. laugh

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
SRP Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Are you sure this was done with BIAB...I could have sworn it was Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys...only kidding! You and your band are much better. You really have a talent for the lyrics and putting the right instruments together to make it work. Great song!
Sonny

User Showcase
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: SRP
Are you sure this was done with BIAB...I could have sworn it was Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys...only kidding! You and your band are much better. You really have a talent for the lyrics and putting the right instruments together to make it work. Great song!
Sonny

Sonny,

Thanks for listening and the kind remarks. BIAB makes it easy!

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jesus Christ, Bob, 100 Miles is fantastic. I'm new and was trying to find a Bob Wills style I thought would work for my song. Most of the templates sounded so harsh, but you used one of them and knocked it out of the ballpark!

2016 BIAB UltraPlusPak HD
Windows 8.1
8 GB, 64-bit, 2 TB
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB 2.0 Audio Interface
M-Audio AV40 Monitors (powered)
Zoom R16 Recorder - Interface - Controller
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wow,
A great song a great production.
I'm just trying to get back to grips with BIAB and Realband and I'd love to know a little more about the compression and reverb choices you used.
A seriously impressive track.
Regards
Phil

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Sundance

Well done!

That's true. I have a friend who is an Elvis impersonator and I've played some of Bob's work for him in the past. When we work together on a track (he does a lot of Karaoke and has done a few BIAB tracks I've done for him) our benchmark is Bob's vocals. My friend (also a Bob) fusses because I can't make his voice sound as good as Bob's....

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: CocoTex
Jesus Christ, Bob, 100 Miles is fantastic. I'm new and was trying to find a Bob Wills style I thought would work for my song. Most of the templates sounded so harsh, but you used one of them and knocked it out of the ballpark!

CocoTex,

Thanks for listening and the kind remarks. Appreciate it.

Regards,

Bob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,967
Posts751,709
Members38,959
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Alesha, jarredou, jadecomeria58, Seraphinang, Nevillberger
38,959 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
rsdean 105