Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
F
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
F
I recently purchased a different set of speakers for my sound system. I have found that the new speakers require me to lower the guitar and piano volume settings for all my songs. Is there a way I can do this for my entire library or do i have to open each song, adjust the volumes and save them one by one?

Veteran
Veteran
No guarantees, but try this first:

Preferences, Channels, Volumes.

On mine, they are all set at the default of 90 (from 1-120). I think if you were to lower the values for guitar and piano, it would then make every song adjust relative to this global volume setting.

I think.

I'll try it later.

And, this would be a great question to just call up PG Music Support. They would surely know. Be sure to post the answer here if you find it, for future problem solving.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
Under the file menu, there is an option to "Change all songs to current mix". I have never used this but it would seem to be what you are after. I anticipate that it will set all the song files in a give folder to whatever settings are present on the mixer.

A word of warning...

Before any form of batch processing, make sure you save your original files first. Then, if the processing doesn't work out, the originals are intact and can be easily retrieved.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
BEFORE you do anything listen to your mixes on a few different systems/speakers. You may find that the new speakers are more neutral and balanced giving you an "honest" playback of your stuff OR you may find that the new speakers are hyped in certain frequencies and your mixes through them will sound fine but be awful in many other environments.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
D
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
Sometime ago I consolidted all of my music to use a maximum of about 35 styles. I love the idea of having 3000 styles to chose from, but sometimes it was frustrating to find a style that worked.

I changed the option in BIAB to force the style volumes to override any song or default settings and spent hours adjusting the style instruments, balance and volumes to the way I wanted them. I saved the "new" style and made sure the song used my new style.

Now it only takes a few minutes when I go out to adjust the final output using the mixer track volumes and the EQ. I know the input is balanced so once the mixer / speakers / room EQ are set for one song I am sure that, as long as I am using one of my styles, the output will be ok.

BIAB for Windows Version 2019 (643)
Windows 10 (1909)
F
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
F
Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. I am heading to the music room to try what you said. I will post an update after I give it all a try.

Veteran
Veteran
Sad to say, my suggestion does not seem to hold. I Saved it to MYSETUP.DK, using the Save button. I unchecked the Overrides, Volume checkbox. Didn't work when I RESTARTED biab. I would think it should, though, and I will pursue this in beta testing.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
F
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
F
The setting change suggested under the File menu does work. However right now it changes everything to 90. I am trying to figure out where the "default mix" is stored.

D
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
I had all sorts of problems with controlling volumes. Now I almost exclusively use MIDI (except for Drums) so that might influence some of my results.

Setting a default mix seemed to be a workable but not all the time. I found that by creating my own style (using PG Music styles as the template) and then adjusting the volumes of the individual tracks in the new style and setting the style volume to override all the other options gave me the best chance of controlling the mix.

But changing speakers messed it up, and so did switching mixers (BIAB sounded the same but now I lost the balance with instruments and voices. The size and layout of the room made a difference, but by making the adjustments once, all songs should now sound 'the same'.

If the BIAB output varies by song, style or instrument, there is no logical way to control the resultant sound.

BIAB for Windows Version 2019 (643)
Windows 10 (1909)
Veteran
Veteran
My rudimentary testing seems to suggest it does change by song, even if told not to. But that's just a first look, and I am probably missing something.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: FishingUpNorth
The setting change suggested under the File menu does work. However right now it changes everything to 90. I am trying to figure out where the "default mix" is stored.

Thanks for letting us know that the setting works. To access/create Default Settings, right-click on the "Master" track (highlighted below).

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
F
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
F
Thank you so much for this great information

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Today is the Last Day of the Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Special (Thursday, Aug. 15)!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Upgrade special ends today (Aug. 15th)!

It's your last chance to save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Upgrade purchase, and receive a Free Bonus PAK!

Don't miss out - order today!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Special Offers Extended to August 15, 2024!

It's not too late to upgrade to the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® and save! We've extended our special until August 15, 2024!

Save up to 50% off your upgrade and receive a FREE BONUS PAK with some just-released Add-ons for the program, including more Look Ma! More MIDI Styles, fresh new MIDI SuperTracks, Artist Performances, and more! To receive even more new content to your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 upgrade, add the 2024 49-PAK for $49 when you checkout! Our 2024 49-PAK adds the remaining new Look Ma! More MIDI Styles, the rest of the new MIDI SuperTracks and Instrumental Studies, the remaining Songs with Vocals in Artist Performance Set 16, RealDrums Stems, and more. Learn more about the Bonus PAK & 49-PAK for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, we've added over 50 new features, including many major new features like the DAW style Tracks Window, floating "one-stop-shop" MultiPicker Library, faster Playback & Generation Engine, and more... but that's not all! There's an amazing collection of new content too, including 222 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, two new sets of RealDrums Stems, and more! Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®.

Upgrade to Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® today for as little as $49! Check out the Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

If you're not sure which package is the best option for you, contact us. We are here to help!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

The new Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac® adds over 20 new features!

We show them off in our video: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features

The Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Free Bonus PAK!

Along with the 50+ new features added with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, we've also released an awesome collection of new Add-ons! On top of the 222 new RealTracks (+50 bonus RealTracks), we've also released new MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, and two new sets of "RealDrums Stems."

Order Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac during our special (which ends July 31st) and you'll receive a Free Bonus PAK that includes a lot of these new Add-ons:
- MIDI Styles Set 88: "Look Ma! More MIDI 11: SynthMaster"
- Instrumental Studies Set 20: New Orleans Piano
- MIDI SuperTracks Set 40: More SynthMaster
- MIDI SuperTracks Set 43: Rock & Pop Keys
- Artist Performance Set 15: Songs with Vocals volume 5
- Playable RealTracks Set 3
- Playable RealDrums Set 2
- SynthMaster Sounds and Styles, with audio demos
- RealCombos 2024 Booster PAK:
*For Pro customers, this includes 35 new RealTracks and 58 new RealStyles.
*For MegaPAK customers, this includes 25 new RealTracks and 45 new RealStyles.
*For UltraPAK customers, this includes 28 new RealStyles.

- RealDrums Stems Set 6: More Pop, Rock & Country

Want even more new Add-ons? Boost your Free Bonus PAK to a 2024 49-PAK for just $49 and add even more new Add-ons to your collection:
- 50 Bonus Unreleased RealTracks & RealDrums
- MIDI Styles Set 89: "Look Ma! More MIDI 12: Funk, Jazz & Blues Keys"
- Instrumental Studies Set 21: '80s Hard Rock Guitar
- MIDI SuperTracks Set 41: Jazz Comping & Soloing Piano
- MIDI SuperTracks Set 42: Soul & New Orleans Keys
- Artist Performance Set 16: Songs with Vocals volume 6
- RealDrums Stems Set 5: Jazz, Latin, Funk & World

Listen to Demos of the Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK: https://youtu.be/ZezLjinyb-4

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,548
Posts746,451
Members38,823
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Shah, evv, micl86, Rusty81, Luis Gill
38,822 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 168
rsdean 98
DC Ron 93
WaoBand 72
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.