Hi Kent.....

You wrote: Had that file been transferred to your computer using Dropbox at some point, (YES) and had you managed to open it successfully at any point since receiving it? (Yes...The same file that gave me an error using 2017 opened fine with 2015). Is there still an uncorrupted copy of it on the computer it was sent from?..(Yes)

Has this problem occurred with files that weren't sent via DropBox? (No)

The SEQ file you sent gave me an "unexpected end of file" error, meaning part of the file got cut off at some point, likely during the transfer. I really don't think RealBand did this to your file (I'm not trying to pass the buck, and am more than happy to keep working on the issue). (The file I sent you also gave me an error when trying to save it....so I can see why you got a unexpected end of file error....)

The problem could likely be avoided by putting the SEQ file in a ZIP file and sending that. ( I'm going to try this today) If the ZIP file gets cut off and corrupted like the SEQ files have, then you'll get an error trying to unpack it, before RealBand is even in the picture. Whether this happens would be useful information, and you could then try resending the file, since it would still be intact on the original machine.(OK)

It really seems like something is happening to the files during the transfer, especially if it only happens with files that have been sent using DropBox, and still happens if you save the song to a normal folder, copy it into DropBox, then drag it out of DropBox on the destination computer before opening it. (I Know...it's driving me crazy....sometimes it works and then all of a sudden it dosen't ....Why, Why, Why?)

Kent, Right now I'm using my 2015 version of Realband...so far I haven't had any problems...but will continue to test for errors.

It would be nice if the programmers would make a save option in Realband to include saving files to Dropbox in the future release's of Realband...so people who use Dropbox don't have these very frustrating problems....meanwhile if I do have problems with 2015, I'll try re-installing 2018 and try the zip file method.

Thanks for all your continued help on this issue and I sure hope we can fix this problem....will always love you guys and this program.

Horst Hartung

Windows 10 - RealBand 2020:Build(3); Xtra Styles PAKs 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8; 64 bit Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz; 4 TB HD; 550 GB SSD PCIe Drive, 16GB Memory. Behringer UFX1604 Digital Mixer.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/horst_hartung