A Performance Track is how BIAB places a non-BIAB audio file onto a BIAB Mixer channel other than the Audio Channel itself. The audio can be done externally from BIAB or generated by your selection of one or more of a BIAB Mixer render. The render can be of Audio, RealTracks, Midi, SuperMidi,Loops or any combination. It is a very powerful feature and tool that allows more complex editing of a BIAB mix. PGMusic uses it a lot for Artist Series Performances.

It is easy to make any track a Performance Track and undo it if necessary or desired.

I use Performance Tracks to make sub-mixes of channels by Bouncing the mix of two or more tracks to a stereo or mono mix and then placing that mix as a Performance Track and continuing working on my project by replacing the original instruments of the tracks I Bounced into the sub mix with different instruments. This allows me to have a BIAB mix that exceeds the 8 Track limit it appears the BIAB mixer has. Between the feature that BIAB allows up to 10 RealTrack instruments per channel and the ability to create sub mixes using the Audio Channel and Performance Tracks, BIAB can create quite complex mixes of dozens of instruments/sound fx/Channel Fx/loops placed on dozens of Channels. BIAB reads ahead when it is generating and this makes for very good instrument transitions, endings and cross fades automatically done by BIAB.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.