Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Scott C #499065 11/02/18 08:01 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Love this track. Guitar is superb. Love the tone, harmonics and vibrato. Very nice...

Scott,

You are much too nice - don't stop! That's a lot of wonderful comments. Sure do appreciate them - and you. Wishing you the best,

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Great track, Alan!

To me it is far from sounding like Mark Knopfler - it actually sounds much better... smile

Will

Hi Will,

Thank you very much! That's is a terrific compliment. I didn't play the guitar part - I just selected the track and wrote in some chords. I guess it turned out OK! Again, thank you very much!

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Tangmo #499068 11/02/18 08:05 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
The progression captures that melancholy you were after, and everything supports that. Sounds great and flows naturally. I can hear a "melody line" coming through in many places--especially that three-chord downward movement--that might be a good place to hang the title lyric.

Much enjoyed.

Thank you very much. The melody is a bit free-floating. Sometimes that's pretty good and sometimes not so good. But I think it works on this song. Glad you agree. Again, many thanks!

Alan

bluage #499069 11/02/18 08:10 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear "Al-David"...

I've heard very little of Mark Knopfler's music. I think the song has that key-less, modulating sound of Pat Methany's works. The electric guitar solo reminds me of Stevie Ray Vaughan's performance of "Riviera Paradise".

Regardless, "Downward Spiral" has a pacific, journeying feel in spite of its downbeat title. This is music that should be listened to while watching the sun go down...and then, watching it rise, again.

Sweet, and obviously composed from a deep place inside of you, "Al-David"! Thank you.

LOREN

Hi Loren,

I'm a big fan of Pat Metheny's work. Her grew up not too distant from where I did - both of us in Missouri. He does, indeed, have a free style melodically. The only reason I didn't suggest any similarity to him is the tone of guitar/ It's almost a Duane Eddy sound - not quite the same but some suggestion of that style. I agree with the SRV comment. I guess it's a "hodge-podge" mashup of several styles.

the sundown and sunrise comment made me smile - thank you! Wishing you the very best.

ALan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

This is a terrific listen.

You have a way of finding interesting RTs to put together - makes me look back to see what they are - and makes me want to use them... thanks for that!!

The guitar and drums in this case - especially caught my ear - the use of a "background fills" guitar as the solo instrument really made this interesting.

Excellent mix.

fj

Hi Floyd,

Such nice words from you are quite noteworthy and appreciated. Glad I could throw a couple tracks ideas at you! And yeah, I've used background fills as lead tracks on several previous songs. SOmetimes they're just enough without being too much. Thank you for your kindness.

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Some great playin' here man.

Did I hear a whammy bar in there?

Is so, tasty!!!!

If it wasn't you, what is the soloist track?

Great sound.

Does have a Knopfler feel.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Some great playin' here man.

Did I hear a whammy bar in there?

Is so, tasty!!!!

If it wasn't you, what is the soloist track?

Great sound.

Does have a Knopfler feel.

Hi David,

No, it wasn't me - wish it was! Actually that backing track by brent mason is what you heard. I;ve found that some of the "busier" backing tracks make a great lead if you want relatively simple and work with them a bit. i searched and experimented with lead and backing tracks for almost two hours and kept coming back to this one. So, that's what I used. (RealTracks in song: 2650:Guitar, Electric, Background DreamyPopBalladFillsBrent Ev 085)

I sincerely appreciate you kind words. You are one of the best of the best here on the forums and your words carry more than a little weight.

I'm hoping to post one with me doing my own lead work before the year is over - if all goes well, possibly with a video. We'll see. I have virtually no feeling in the pinky and ring fingers of my left hand and about 60% - 70% in the other two. Thumb is pretty good, though! The right hand is mostly okay.

Anywho ... many thanks. Your new song, "Mercy", is gold! best to you and yours.

Alan

PS: Di said to tell you hello for her.

Last edited by Al-David; 11/02/18 10:36 AM.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very nice instrumental for a movie soundtrack. Great crisp mix. Interesting chord progression, the melancholy reminds me of Chris Rea, at least brings me sort of "On The Beach" feeling.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,

A very nice instrumental track!
As David said, I also thought you were plying this lead guitar.
Very natural.
It is my favorite that the chord progression is melancholic.
I think that it will be another different great song again if there is vocal.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very nice instrumental for a movie soundtrack. Great crisp mix. Interesting chord progression, the melancholy reminds me of Chris Rea, at least brings me sort of "On The Beach" feeling.

Janne

Hi Janne,

Thank you very much. And yes, i think you might be right about the Chris Rea analogy. Glad you liked it. Thanks for telling me!

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Alan,

A very nice instrumental track!
As David said, I also thought you were plying this lead guitar.
Very natural.
It is my favorite that the chord progression is melancholic.
I think that it will be another different great song again if there is vocal.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hi Shigeki,

You are very nice with your comments. Thank you so much.I may write a lyric for it, but not sure about that. Anyway, thank you again. Best to you.

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alan,

This is such fine music.

You really do have a knack for creating music that sets the listenability bar way up there, high in the stratosphere. Your chord progressions flow so very smoothly and effortlessly without any sense of aural jarring whatsoever. In addition, you always manage to find the perfect (and I really do mean PERFECT) combination of instruments that blend together and create a wonderful, memorable musical journey.

I found this instrumental very soothing to listen to. I closed my eyes, sat back and drifted off into reverie.

Really nice work.

Thinking of you and Di and hoping that all is travelling as well as it possibly can.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Nice work on this, Alan smile Super smooth tune, and the guitar tones on this are stunning. Really pretty, and easy on the ears. Precisely the tune I can close my eyes and float away to.

Great job here - thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Deryk
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,686
Posts748,107
Members38,856
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Bob Shilling, nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico
38,856 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199