Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello Jim,

can't tell if it's got that Don Williams feel the others mention, because I simply don't know him, but I can tell that this is a very nice and loveable tune. Very pleasant lyrics, sung with so much feeling - good vibes.

Cheers,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cracking song Jim, just the kind of traditional country that I love.

User Showcase
Jim Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Yes, I was just going to also say Don Williams. Has that old country feel. Love it!!

Thanks, Donna!

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Jim Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hello Jim ...

What a nice tangle to be in - both the subject of the song and the listener. I think your practice was a big success. I agree with Floyd about the Don Williams vibe. We sure did lose a good when when he passed. I like the vocal effect and the simplicity of the song. Really, really nice! Good luck with FAWM!

I'd love to participate some time but my wife needs substantial assistance in a regular basis and the time simply isn't there. Wishing you the best ...

Alan

Thanks, Alan for your comments & support...

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Jim Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Excellent old style country tune. Excellent lyric and vocal..

Thanks, Scott...

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Jim Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Definitely has that Don Williams period vibe...and there is NOTHING wrong with that!

floyd mentioned the "shove" line and we agree that it's very strong.

You FAWM folks amaze us slow writers smile

Kudos!

J&B

Thanks to both of you for comments & support...

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Jim Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Nice work on this one smile Definitely has some nice lyrics, and your vocals fit the mood beautifully. As others said, the Don Williams influence is quite apparent but that is definitely not a bad thing in my books.

A really solid tune altogether - thanks for sharing!

Thanks you, Deryk, for taking the time to listen & comment...

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Jim Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Another vote for the Don Williams vibe. I can imagine Don singing this one.

Well done.

FYI, Don started out in the Folk trio, The Pozo Seco Singers(qv). I wore out the vinyl LP listening to it in repeat mode. That album is available on YouTube and highly recommended.

@Dianne,

We all love you very much.

Please get better and sing for us with that stunningly beautiful voice.

Appropriate affection, little one.

Pozo Seco Singers playlist:

https://youtu.be/a5a7Yl1ayv4?list=RDEMI2Yf4JLJk7LjW7950iDeqg

More:

https://youtu.be/KMhwwLNE3QI?list=PLfOXm8AWcnY9CCtssE_4P51fFUs3OlaHE

Thanks, Donny for your comments & support...
Thank you for the links to Pozo Seco Singers...
Did you know that "Pozo Seco" means dry watering hole?

Do you know what the chicken said while walking through a library?...
buk buk buk buk...
I miss your old joke thread!

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Jim Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Jim,

Man, you are our Don Williams!

so nice, great flow and melody

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny, for your glowing comments...

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Jim Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Really nice Jim!

Thanks, David, your support is always appreciated...

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Jim Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
This sounds like a lot more than practice to me. Awesome job. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Ember for the listen & comments...
It did take some time, but I needed to do it to remind myself of the time constraints I'll be facing.

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Jim Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: edshaw
Good one, Jim.

Thanks, Ed, for your support & comments...

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Jim Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Jim,
intimate, yet not pretentious., everything is there. Good lyrics and composition.
I like it!

I have a small question. On your songs, you mostly use Midi sounds. Is there a reason why you do not substitute for example, midi drums to real drums? At times, I would leave things in midi, so I have flexibility to change instruments in DAW, curious to know your view.

P.S. FAWM seems like a good brain exercise. I will follow it this year and maybe take your advice and join the process in 2020.

Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanks, Misha... I appreciate you support...
I like the simplicity & flexibility of midi, but, if possible, I will endeavor to use more real tracks in the future.

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Jim Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hello Jim,

can't tell if it's got that Don Williams feel the others mention, because I simply don't know him, but I can tell that this is a very nice and loveable tune. Very pleasant lyrics, sung with so much feeling - good vibes.

Cheers,

Stefan

Thanks, Stefan for the listen & the comments...
I don't really know it has a Don Williams feel or not, but, as listeners & writers of new songs, I think we are often influenced by what we have heard in the past...
By the way, if you haven't heard Don Williams. I urge you to do a search & listen to some of his tunes.

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Jim Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: furry
Cracking song Jim, just the kind of traditional country that I love.

Thanks, Graham... I happy you liked it.

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Jim Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
If I've missed anyone, I apologize & I appreciate your support...
Thanks to all of you!

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Jim
Hello Jim,

Cheers,

Stefan

Thanks, Stefan for the listen & the comments...
I don't really know it has a Don Williams feel or not, but, as listeners & writers of new songs, I think we are often influenced by what we have heard in the past...
By the way, if you haven't heard Don Williams. I urge you to do a search & listen to some of his tunes.

Dear Jim,

since any kind of Country Music is (as Tom Lehrer would have put it) 'American as apple-pie) most Europeans don't know very much about C & W, and it's not often to be heard in the media. But, of course, we hear songs every now and then, but mostly don't get to know the names of the artists.

So when I followed your advivce and searched for Don Williians songs I immediately found out that of course I do know at least the Gentle Giant's biggest hit "Some broken hearts never Meant". A great singer, singing so ... unexcitedly, yet exciting.

When the forum members were reminded on him when they heard you this was quite a conpliment, and I'm gladly falling into line with them.

Watching this video

Some Broken Hearts Never Mend

I was electrified by the guitar player in red (at first I thoughthe was a lady smirk Or maybe it's really a she...?) - do you (or does any other forum member) his name? (S)He seems to be outstanding and I would like to look for other records with him / her...

All the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Jim Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert

Watching this video

Some Broken Hearts Never Mend

I was electrified by the guitar player in red (at first I thoughthe was a lady smirk Or maybe it's really a she...?) - do you (or does any other forum member) his name? (S)He seems to be outstanding and I would like to look for other records with him / her...
Stefan

Stefan
I'm pretty sure the animated guitar picker in red is Danny Flowers, who also wrote "Tulsa Time", another song Don Williams recorded.
Thanks again for your compliments & support.

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Sweet little heartfelt tune! Particularly liked:

And find someone who'll give my heart a shove

Original kind of line...creative! Nice job! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Like that Don W vibe Jim. Nice easy going heartbreak song. Much enjoyed.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
XPro & Xtra Styles Sets On Sale Until July 15th!

Save up-to 40% when you purchase XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs before July 15, 2024!

The most recent XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box® 2023 or higher include additional Styles for Band-in-a-Box® that work seamlessly with your project. We offer XPro Styles PAKs that work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® package, and Xtra Styles PAKs for UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile users!

We recently released a combined total of 300 new Styles in XPro Styles PAK 6 and Xtra Styles PAK 17!

Each PAK can be purchased for $29: Order XPro Styles PAKs | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

The 100 new styles added with XPro Styles PAK 6 include 25 Rock & Pop, 25 Jazz, 25 Country, and 25 Progressive Rock! These add styles like funky soul jazz, uplifting pop-rock, 12-8 country ballads, hard and heavy progressive rock, '70s funk, dubby reggae jams, driving country rock, synth-heavy prog rock, and many more! Video: XPro Styles PAK 6 Demos

Xtra Styles PAK 17 adds 200 new styles to any Band-in-a-Box 2023 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile installation! You'll find 50 each for Rock & Pop, Jazz, and Country. What about the remaining 50? We've added them with a new category: World 1! In Xtra Styles PAK 17, you'll find styles like: laid-back pop country, mellow smooth jazz, '80s new wave, Caribbean reggae, '90s alternative pop, modern jazz fusion, funky Texas blues, Afro-Cuban grooves, and even mariachi-infused Motown... and more! Video: Xtra Styles PAK 14 Demos

Mac User? Click here for your announcement.

NEW - The Band-in-a-Box® 2024 VST DAW Plugin 6.0 for Mac®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes the new VST DAW Plugin 6.0!

This new Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin has over 20 new features including near instant playback direct from disk, to audition various styles without creating WAV files. You can now load chords from MIDI files. There's support for Shots/Rest/Holds on Utility tracks, and more! For Reaper® DAW users, the Plugin has added built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

Every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® includes the VST DAW Plugin, and all Mac® upgrades are on sale until July 15th!

Save up-to 50% when you upgrade to Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® today - check out the different upgrade options here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac is here with over 50 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, “Songs with Vocals” Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, two new sets of “RealDrums Stems,” and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Upgrade purchases until July 15, 2024 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some incredible Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2024 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 50 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2024 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available, and if you have any questions about your upgrade feel free to connect with us directly!

User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,166
Posts741,485
Members38,683
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
gtrallison, Edkent, SpaDogs, b67, markburnett
38,683 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)