Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice and loungy.
Good job Will!

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Will, nice piece, my kind of music. Only observation if I may is that however nice the bass walk is I think sometimes it sounded a little long with just the bass and piano comping. Other than that I liked it.
I'm not particularly fan of many styles or genres played in this forum but when is done well (which is most of the cases) I have to comment favorably. It's only fair.
Well done.

Mike B.

Music should be part of your life
http://www.soundclick.com/blackcatjazzcafeband
User Showcase
W
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
W
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Will,

This exudes class and way you look at it. That walking acoustic bass is so sweet! I love to dance to this kind of music. If Di weren't disabled, I'd have her out on the living room floor!

That was a true musical treat! Thank you for the enjoyment of listening! Wishing you the very best!

Alan

Thanks for your kind words, Alan! Much appreciated!
Will

User Showcase
W
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
W
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Will,
Nice lounge piece! Contrary to rayc, I think it fully supports the genre it is written in. I know a local gentleman who plays this type of music at restaurants / clubs for years now, if people did not like it, he would be out of job:) It is "mood" music, not message. I think you done good work with arrangement and mix on this.

Thank you.

Misha.

That is very nice of you, Misha. Thanks a lot for listening!

Will

User Showcase
W
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
W
Ember, PeterF, Greg and Scott,

Thanks to all of you for listening and for your kind comments!
Will

User Showcase
W
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
W
Rob and Anne-Marie,

Thank you for listening! It is very much appreciated!
Will

User Showcase
W
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
W
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Will, nice piece, my kind of music. Only observation if I may is that however nice the bass walk is I think sometimes it sounded a little long with just the bass and piano comping. Other than that I liked it.
I'm not particularly fan of many styles or genres played in this forum but when is done well (which is most of the cases) I have to comment favorably. It's only fair.
Well done.

Mike B.

Thank you very much, Mike B.

I'm glad that you took time to listen to the track and your kind comments are very much appreciated! I agree with you that it might be beneficial to the track to shorten the bass walk parts.

Thanks a lot for listening!
Will

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Will,

Very suitable tune for a special dinner with a girlfriend at a nice restaurant.
However, there may be too many solo instruments.
I am anxious how much money the restaurant owner pay to the players.
I like this jenre of music. So, one question.
Is the saxophone duet made using Audio Harmonies feature, one of the features of BIAB?
I would like to use it someday.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Really nice work, Will - it is nice and easy to take, and had a nice tranquil vibe. I can imagine it in in a nice dinner call - just listening makes me feel fancy! Thanks for sharing smile

Last edited by Deryk - PG Music; 03/28/19 04:52 AM.

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
W
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
W
Thanks a lot for listening, Shigeki!

The saxophones are from RealTracks no. 2633 (Horn Section JazzBallad2partJack).

I didn't manipulate it - I just played it over and over until I was satisfied with the performance and when I was satisfied I used the freeze function.

One thing I noticed though is that it can make a big difference which chord progression you choose. In this particular part I changed from
Bb / F / Gm7 / C
to
Bb / F/a / Gm7 /C9
to make the horn section play like I wanted.

Will

Last edited by Will Josef; 03/28/19 04:14 PM. Reason: To show chord progression used
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Will,

Nice jazz arrangement and mix. Sounds great to me!

Bob

User Showcase
W
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
W
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Will,

Nice jazz arrangement and mix. Sounds great to me!

Bob

Thank you for listening and your kind comment, Bob! Much appreciated!

Will

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,791
Posts749,392
Members38,889
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
bleaver, John247hour, salvaz, Jeff272, alexisguerrero
38,888 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 134