Hi,

I recently purchased Kontakt 6 and the Big Fish Audio "Crossroads Blues" library to improve the sound quality when playing BIAB Midi Only or mixed MIDI & Real Tracks Styles.

I did this because the Kontakt Factory Library Sounds are terrible - the sound quality is terrible (much worse than Coyote VST Synth) plus they don't play the Midi notes in the BIAB style either - just random rubbish.

I can get sounds out when using the Crossroads instruments but they also a garbled mess and not related to the MIDI Style I have chosen. They do not play the notes in the Midi Style at all.

I contacted Big Fish Audio and they said:

"Crossroads Blues is a loop-based product, not a multi-sampled virtual instrument. Were you looking for a VI or for loops?"

I'm new to all this Midi, Kontakt and 3rd Party Instruments?sound Libraries.

I want acoustic and electric Blues, R&B and Jazz instruments i.e. Upright and Electric Basses, Electric Rhythm and Lead Guitars, Pianos, B3 Organ, Brush and Pop Drum Kits, Blues harp, Horn Section and Saxes.

Please advise if I have bought the wrong Instruments Library (Crossroads Blues) to run in Kontakt and also please suggest what I should buy.

Thanks for your assistance.

Best Regards
Nigel

Nigel Spiers
Christchurch, New Zealand
info@nzacoustics.com