Jan (Dzjang) was kind enough to acknowledge my point that some of what he has carefully reported may not always be true and bears more examination, like the mMaj7. All white cats with blue eyes are deaf. Well, most are, but not every one.

Let me do the same and acknowledge that a great deal of what he has said is true and I don't mean to lose sight of any of that. I DO hear those 'clashes' and I DO think 'something is wrong'. But I also tend to overlook it, as this is pretty common in live jazz playing with both a guitar and a piano on the gig. I kind of enjoy it and as a jazz player am not put off by it. At the same time, I recognize someone using any style that is slightly jazzy but desiring a more 'straight' rendering could be confused and put off by the resulting sound. No question about it.

And the bass player is often the one I question, just as Jan said.

All this, like Natural Arrangement, involves algorithms we don't understand. We probably never will, as they are almost certainly proprietary. I can live with that, but some comment from the developers would be welcomed. In the meantime, we can keep making clear and respectful posts detailing the issues. When something crosses over into being likely a real bug, and we're pretty sure about that, then some of us can report it directly to the developers.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors