For the sake of keeping a great discussion going, lets let our mind wander and think things through a little bit.

First, the majority of PG Music's RealTracks don't have audio material for all twelve key signatures. How do I know this? Because RealTracks that do have audio in all twelve key signatures are identified in their RealTracks label. My guess is the number of key signatures used to create the audio in a specific RealTrack will vary depending on the audio content as well as the tempo range the RealTrack is expected to support. I would think most RealTracks average audio content in four to five key signatures. The rest of the key signatures are handled by software transposition or pitch shifting.

How big a tempo range does a RealTrack cover? Again it depends on a RealTracks audio content. Generally speaking slow tempos have smaller tempo ranges than fast tempos.

Since UserTracks were introduced in 2014 PG Music has switched the time and pitch shifting software either once and possibly twice. Each software switch dramatically improves rendering sound quality.

Forum member Seeker proved creating audio content for some UserTracks can be automated. Seeker used midi and high quality sound libraries to create wonderful sounding UserTracks. Once he got his system in place Seeker cranked out more than 500 UserTracks over a two year time span.

Dzjang, you seem to know modern Jazz. My guess is you know what key signatures are most often used, what time signatures are popular and the tempos of many modern Jazz songs. What instruments do PG Music RealTracks lack? What tempos and time signatures are under represented?

As you can tell I'm thinking midi and sound libraries can be used to create missing link UserTracks. You may have to use a combination of programs or tools to create the midi tracks that include all the chords you desire but once you have the midi tracks they can be used again and again and again to create all the UserTracks you desire.

One last point. A UserTrack is made of the contents inside a folder. A PG Music song file and audio file combine into one file pair by sharing a label. The label can be anything, it doesn't matter, as long as the song file and audio file label is the same. You can have a file pair called "a.sgu" and "a.wav" if you want. The UserTrack folder can have one file pair or 1,000 file pairs, it doesn't matter as long as each file pair has a unique name. Band-in-a-Box and RealBand uses the sgu file to determine what the paired audio file contains. That means UserTracks content can grow over time. It doesn't have to all be done at once. Create one, release it and let customer feedback determine what's missing.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home