The salon puts the acrylic on them which makes them thicker and stronger. You can do this as well but it is hard to do if you are right handed and trying to use your left hand to get a nice smooth acrylic finish. You can buy the stuff. I bought a gross of nails off of Amazon a couple of years ago and it will take many years to use them all up! Of course with the nails you have to put that hand in your pocket when you go to the redneck bars!

Richard Smith (finger-stylist) uses them exclusively, goes to the salon. I see you are in Miami. I am in Homestead. The salons are pretty safe now, they have barriers, you wear a mask, They have always worn masks as the one I use. I only get 3 nails on my right hand on the i, m and a fingers. My natural nails are just not strong enough for good finger-style.

Tommy Emmanuel uses his callouses on the tips of his fingers because he never liked the sound his nails gave him. Chet of course used nails and occasionally a fake one when he had to because of a broken or split nail. I have seen a video or two on YouTube showing the fake nail on one of his fingers.

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.