Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
The issue is it should work when you choose a custom midi preset for Drums BUT it don't ! yet the custom midi presets work for other instruments.

C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
<< I wanted to try something new... Here is the scenario: I have arrangement in place, (all RT / RD). I wanted to experiment with some MIDI percussion that are available in MIDI styles of BIAB... So, how do I pull only drums out of pre-made BIAB MIDI style into my own? >>

To pull only drums out of a pre-made BIAB MIDI style, the steps outlined by Pipeline are nearly correct.

Pipeline opened the correct window but chose from the Preset radio button rather than selecting from an existing BIAB style.

I created an all-RT Chord Sheet, forced the drum track to all MIDI, Opened the Select custom midi style for this track... from the Drum Track drop down sub menu. The drum track was selected by default in the Custom Style Menu Window.

I selected Gumshoe.sty, selected drums and the Drum Kit from the Gumshoe.sty loaded onto the BIAB Mixer track and played correctly.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
D
Veteran
Veteran
D
Charles instruction appears to work, but only the OP can say if it does what he needs.

Quote:
...a very tricky operation which once it has been explained, is soon lost in comprehension

I believe the prophesy has been fulfilled. crazy

Final Tour - Not with a Bang but with a wimper! Ended.

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I don't know what I'm doing as I still don't get the DocWat drums ???

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB-Doc-Drums.png (97.58 KB, 84 downloads)
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
and if I use Gumshoe.sty I get the same

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB-Gumshoe-Drums.png (106.96 KB, 81 downloads)
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Here's how my BIAB Mixer and drums look.

drums.jpg (48.29 KB, 92 downloads)
Full Screen.JPG (197.62 KB, 92 downloads)
Drum Notation.JPG (89.09 KB, 92 downloads)

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
This is the midi you should have if you are using Gumshoe.sty
but you just have a single hit.

BB-Gumshoe-Style-Drums.png (59.31 KB, 77 downloads)
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I had another look at it and what it does when you select Force MIDI Drums it will always use the default even through you have it set to Custom Midi.
In your midi notes I looked closer and the single notes you show are the very top notes of the drums, the bell.
If you remove the Custom Midi with it still set to Force to MIDI Drums it will play the same drum notes.

C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
The image I posted above was not from the original sgu I did because I didn't save it. I also did not look at the piano roll data of the original sgu file. The one above was taken from a sgu file that replicated the original just so I could screen shot the piano roll.

The point though is using the Custom Midi Picker is the correct method to use a Midi track from another style or from a preset to put a midi patch into any sgu file. It works the same as selecting a RealTrack. There may be an issue with drums that isn't the same as other patches.

Open and examine =HANKMID.sty - It's the PG Music demo style using this method and listed in the Help documentation. PGMusic staff disabled the RealDrums and added two midi patches. They did not mention the drums or why they were disabled in the Help documentation.

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
All the instruments change to the Custom Midi but not the Drums, you should not have to set it to Force to Midi Drums, it should just change when you select Custom Midi Drums.
I tried it with Biab2016 and it's the same story, totally ignores Custom Midi Drums.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Pipeline, Charlie,
Thank you for investing so much time into this. Not that simple after all smile Here is what I think.
Ok... You, I, people who "knew" and folks who will read this post will get by.
However, it seems that HUGE chunk of creative content will get dismissed by most users, because it is so awkward and so buried. There are some very musically interesting items hiding in BIAB Midi styles. In my opinion, those Midi tracks (phrases) should be easily available through individual track picker with audition, same way as RT's, Rd's or loops.
If you separate BIAB into two segments, Program and Content, no matter what is user opinion on Midi styles, they are still content. It will take time for most to learn the program, but creative content should be available and accessible right out of the box, without Houdini magic.
I think the only universal solution would be a consolidated tabbed picker: One picker with separate tabs for Rt's, Rd's, Loops and Midi with their own set of filters in each tab and perhaps a general search in all. For example, type "rhumba" and it will give you related results in all tabs.

Wishlist item:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=595039#Post595039

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
The Choose from Presets Picker, if you had that in a Tab in the MultiPicker and when you press the Play button to preview the Drums or Instrument, it will play the midi info directly from the style so you won't need a ton of audio demos.

Would there be a Tab to choose any drum or instrument from keyboard styles PSR STY etc.. ??

You can do that in JJazzLab and Reaper, you can open your song SGU MGU in JJazzLab or Reaper and create a Drum or instrument track from any keyboard style to fit your chords and part markers of your song SGU, change to any style at any bar,
then just drag n drop into Biab.

Biab-Import-Yamaha-Sty-Drums.png (221.61 KB, 38 downloads)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,790
Posts749,364
Members38,888
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
John247hour, salvaz, Jeff272, alexisguerrero, kmmjhnsns01
38,887 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 134