Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi Marty
Very relatable lyric for those of us who've got a few miles on the clock. I'm a lifelong fan of the blues and you just can't go wrong with Dave on guitar.
Regards,
Leon

Thanks, Leon. Relatable-Blues-Dave is a good formula,

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Dave always does a great job making his guitar talk with the singer.

This is a good song, and you delivered the vocal well.

Thanks, Ezekiel. 10-4 on Dave matching the singer AND the song. Just listen to those 3 notes after "tip-toe passed concern." You can almost see him slither passed.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Marty, you baked the cake and Dave put the icing on it!

You both nailed this song, everything is excellent, the vocal, lyrics, guitar leads, bass, and that B3.

Excellent song - loved it.

Thanks so much, Mario. Yeah, that B3 is used a lot now that we don't have to carry it and the Leslies up on stage.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty,

Cool song. Excellent vocal!!

That opening grabs hold and never lets go. The combination of Bass & Guitar & Drums - sweet!!

Dave's guitar is TALKIN'!! LOVE that bite!! Sweeeeet!!

Nice extra tid-bits in the production, too - organ, piano... good mix...

We know what you're talkin' 'bout....fer sure...

smile

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool tune Marty and Dave. Loved the groove to the song. Super vocal and lyric. Loved Dave's riffing around the vocal. Perfect tone for the solo. Well done.

Thanks, Scott. You know through your own experience that a good guitar always elevates the song, and I agree that Dave is the best flavor of this cake. Before he added those touches, the song was pretty bland. Takes one to know one, brother.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Great song, I especially like the bridge.

Thanks for the invite, Marty, enjoyed working on this one!

Thanks, Dave. The bridge is the only part you're not playing. Can't imagine the rest without you. Thank YOU!

Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Great song. Well written. Nice, clean recording. All the instruments mixed well. Great playing by all, including the band. Cool video too.

Thank you, jptjptjpt. VERY encouraging comment.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Marty,

"Workin' hard and killin' time for hardly a pay when Life should be a whole lotta fun", that's what lfe must be, ain't it?
I only think if that was true, it would be boring after some time...

A very nice Blues with a great leadguitar. The lyrics are also very good.
I just had to get used to your way of singing, with the gaps between the words.
As I remember from your other songs you've never done that staccato style so emphatically.
Did you do so because of the tempo of the song or was there another reason?

But whatever reason, I still enjoyed your song,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Great band you put together. Of course, that includes your own bad self and Dave too. The fills are sweet and nasty, the way I'd expect from that Canadian. Yes, I said "nasty--with an "n". They are "tasty" too, but it's the nasty that gets me.

Loved the little catches in your vocal. And I suppose there are more people than usual wanting to "get out of this place" at the moment. Enjoy the tour and let the world see them smiles.

My only crit is that this is a little too slow. When you do it live, I'd pick up the tempo...but up to you, of course.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jamestoffee
Well done!

Favorite line, "Gatherin' all that's not on our back, and trade it for some peace of mind."

Great delivery and sentiment well conveyed.

Thanks for sharing.

James

Thank, James. Right? Cast off "stuff" to see the people.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Marty,

Cool song. Excellent vocal!!

That opening grabs hold and never lets go. The combination of Bass & Guitar & Drums - sweet!!

Dave's guitar is TALKIN'!! LOVE that bite!! Sweeeeet!!

Nice extra tid-bits in the production, too - organ, piano... good mix...

We know what you're talkin' 'bout....fer sure...

smile

fj

Thanks, Floyd. Yes, we speak the same language when it comes to fantasizing utopia. Music and a whole lotta fun.

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hello Marty,

"Workin' hard and killin' time for hardly a pay when Life should be a whole lotta fun", that's what lfe must be, ain't it?
I only think if that was true, it would be boring after some time...

A very nice Blues with a great leadguitar. The lyrics are also very good.
I just had to get used to your way of singing, with the gaps between the words.
As I remember from your other songs you've never done that staccato style so emphatically.
Did you do so because of the tempo of the song or was there another reason?

But whatever reason, I still enjoyed your song,
Hans

Thanks, Hans. Nah, we'd never get bored as long as we have challenges together. I'm not sure of the staccato thing --I just sing what I feel. I'm definitely not a singer, and can't say I ever know what I'm doing at the mic.

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Great band you put together. Of course, that includes your own bad self and Dave too. The fills are sweet and nasty, the way I'd expect from that Canadian. Yes, I said "nasty--with an "n". They are "tasty" too, but it's the nasty that gets me.

Loved the little catches in your vocal. And I suppose there are more people than usual wanting to "get out of this place" at the moment. Enjoy the tour and let the world see them smiles.

My only crit is that this is a little too slow. When you do it live, I'd pick up the tempo...but up to you, of course.

Haha. Yeah, that nasty is the best taste, and Dave never fails to feel what is right for the song. I'm glad you mentioned the tempo. I slowed it down a bit from how it started because I wanted to give the words a more relaxed delivery, and, yeah, live versions always seem faster, but then for years I played with a drummer who was a caffeine junkie.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty + Dave
Excellent collaboration! Universal message. Ohh do we need some of that! Strong vocals and bass! Dave is the right player smile Nice licks & solo! Chorus is a delight. Mix is fantastic. Cool themed video too.
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a team you guys are Marty and Dave! Both top notch musicians who I truly enjoy listening to! Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Marty and Dave love the vocal the guitar work and the really solid bass and mix. excellent colab well done guys thanks for sharing Eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Marty + Dave
Excellent collaboration! Universal message. Ohh do we need some of that! Strong vocals and bass! Dave is the right player smile Nice licks & solo! Chorus is a delight. Mix is fantastic. Cool themed video too.
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanks so much for your kind comment, Misha.

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
What a team you guys are Marty and Dave! Both top notch musicians who I truly enjoy listening to! Thanks, Torrey

Thank, Torrey. Yes, I must say that Dave dresses up any song with just the right touch and taste.

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
Hi Marty and Dave love the vocal the guitar work and the really solid bass and mix. excellent colab well done guys thanks for sharing Eric

You're so welcome, Eric. Thanks for listening and your encouraging comment.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,758
Posts748,872
Members38,873
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
burny7777, Sarah, annaclara58427, ELDebansky, Chief O’ Stuff
38,873 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 160