Originally Posted By: David Snyder

The difference is astounding and I am shocked people can't hear it--I suppose it is because their ears have been irreparably damaged from listening to crap.

I think that you are an audiophile. Just because someone is a great musician, does not necessarily equate to them being an audiophile. In fact many audiophiles are NOT musicians.

For myself, I was in my early twenties when CDs came out. My ears were fine. I will say that I've never had a great stereo or speakers. Never had the money, being a broke-[*****] jazz musician.

I will say that even though I was classically trained, having been principle clarinet in the college orchestra....my preference has always been [*****]-shaking music (as my sax teacher put it) And certainly there are many more subtleties in classical recordings, than jazz, rock, and pop.

There is clearly a difference between vinyl and CD, HOWEVER...I don't think it's an issue of good vs. bad, but rather a preference, just the same way that some prefer jazz and others prefer country....and yet others prefer everything or different combinations.