Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
[quote=GodTripped]
In any case, I was reacting to your comments about BIAB, which did seem pretty dismissive of it as a possible tool for serious music production.

It is important to be clear because nothing I said on this exchange suggested I was dismissive of BIAB - I am the one who identified it as a "tool" much like your garden variety DAW is. Where your perception is spot on is there is no way it serves in the category of 'serious music production'. For the record, I thought it might be, but as a guitarist there is no way you can rely on BIAB to play in the same manner you would do for obvious reasons (timing, strumming technique, dynamics, even proficiency). However, you can approximate, which again is fine for fleshing out a concept but it will never be you. Unless, of course, it is.

All of my comments have been presented on the backdrop that BAIB is indeed useful for framing out musical ideas. So much has been talked about on the subject of projecting the soul of one's music yet it stands to reason that the more an 'artist' relies on BIAB the less it reflects the signature of who you are.

The good news is the software is useful to all of us.