In addition still the video
Makes together really joy
Really good work Marty
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Lovely Buffet-like feel, Marty. Love the pedal steel and accordion and Dave's solo. Great stuff.
Regards,
Leon

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Marty,

I love this song. It sits so comfortably on the ears. Your band is extremely well chosen and the laid-back feel of the arrangement is really soothing on the psyche.

Kudos to Bill and Dave, too. Their contributions shine!

Stunning work!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Smile on my face the whole time I listened to this. The accordion may have been an after thought but it sure fits right in with the other instruments.

Great job on the mix.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1113) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Upbeat and fun!

I was expecting something a bit darker, given the chorus lyric. wink

Great vocal, and the guitar solo was perfect.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty,

A great feel, upbeat and uplifting.

And I got a good chuckle from the song title.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
I'm a sucker for a steel guitar, and this one sounds great. Good ideas, great title.

Thanks, Brad.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Marty

Lovely song and great playing by all involved - had the guitar in my hand and jammed along with Dave.

Really good stuff.

Peter

Yeah, I'd love that jam to happen, Peter. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
When three outstanding musicians get together you know that the song will be fantastic and this song proves that.

I really like this Jimmy Buffet style, great job on that.

Everything about this one is top shelf.

Loved it.

Thanks for the love, Mario.

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Cool tune Marty. Excellent vocal lyric. Love the groove to the tune. Basslines were excellent. Loved the pedal steel and Daves guitar work. Well done.

Thanks, Scott. It means a lot.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Marty!

It is a very nice song, with good lyrics and also a bit actual.
And... I listened to this moment of time and ejoyed it!
(but i always enjoy your songs and the special way you sing. Always gives me a smile.

I agreed with Ray about the Tex Mex thing. I also had that feeling you would go a bit faster during the song. But you stayed in tempo!
That was a good thing too for Dave, when playing his marvelous solo.

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
" Listen to the birds as they sing to the wind. Listen to the wind sing back.
Oh, take it all in and you'll widen your grin. It takes no special knack."

Great lines! We spent some time today doing nothing but listening to birds ... and the wind was blowing.

The pedal steel was perfecto as was the accordion (we've used it and it is indeed ace).

As always, yours and Dave's performances were excellent and the vid is one of our favorites of yours.

All of Bill's contributions were great too!

Enjoyed it!

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi BabuMusic,

I like your well written lyrics with a very pleasant listening arrangement. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Cool tune Marty. Excellent vocal lyric. Love the groove to the tune. Basslines were excellent. Loved the pedal steel and Daves guitar work. Well done.

Thank you, Scott --for your comment here AND for all the comments you place elsewhere on my songs. Much appreciated.

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Nice change of pace Marty! Kind of a Jimmy Buffet sound and you pull it off nicely! Great contributions by your session men! Enjoyed it! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks, Torrey. Yes, those guys sure added a ton of excitement to the whole project.

Originally Posted By: Ronnie Fields
I agree with the Jimmy Buffet sound, but man this was a great song to listen to. It just automatically hooks you from the first chords!!

Thank you, Ronnie.

Originally Posted By: firesong
Marty...what a fun listen...this song fits your voice so well and great job by Bill on the harmony...love the tempo and feel of the song too...and as usual I love the videos you put with your songs!

Thanks, Dan. To me, my voice doesn't fit any song, but I'm glad you liked it.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Lovely story, I surely had time to listen to what you had time to tell smile It told me to live in the moment and not to worry about tomorrow. Your songs have always some familiarity (Save The Last Dance For Me came to my mind in this case) but still lots of originality.
Comforting vocals. Excellent solo. And that accordion is excellent, really adds to the mood.
Excellent work with the video! Like all those clocks.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You're a star. What else is there to say? A positive-sounding song, at first glance, with a profound message embedded therein. You sound just fine singing, please don't put yourself down :-) I loved the video, how much time (haha) did it take you to do it? No matter - I really, really enjoyed it. The writing is great. No quibbles! Truly well done!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hello Marty
Great song
You sang cool
In addition still the video
Makes together really joy
Really good work Marty
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thanks so much, Andi. Many many greetings back atcha. Same to Wolfgang and all those you are praying for right now.
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Lovely Buffet-like feel, Marty. Love the pedal steel and accordion and Dave's solo. Great stuff.
Regards,
Leon

Thanks, Leon. Seems everybody is loving that accordion. Zydecoal Bill was a good choice. Dave is always an excellent choice.
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Marty,

I love this song. It sits so comfortably on the ears. Your band is extremely well chosen and the laid-back feel of the arrangement is really soothing on the psyche.

Kudos to Bill and Dave, too. Their contributions shine!

Stunning work!

All the best,
Noel

Thanks, Noel. I like that "comfortably on the ears."
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Smile on my face the whole time I listened to this. The accordion may have been an after thought but it sure fits right in with the other instruments.

Great job on the mix.

Thanks, Jim. That's the cool part about collaborations: start with with a song you feel you like, then others add the special sauce, and voila. Thanks for listening.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Upbeat and fun!

I was expecting something a bit darker, given the chorus lyric. wink

Great vocal, and the guitar solo was perfect.

Haha. Thanks, David. Yes, it definitely could have gone that way.

Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Marty,

A great feel, upbeat and uplifting.

And I got a good chuckle from the song title.

Thanks, AudioTrack guy. Yeah, the title is the hook I guess.

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Marty!

It is a very nice song, with good lyrics and also a bit actual.
And... I listened to this moment of time and ejoyed it!
(but i always enjoy your songs and the special way you sing. Always gives me a smile.

I agreed with Ray about the Tex Mex thing. I also had that feeling you would go a bit faster during the song. But you stayed in tempo!
That was a good thing too for Dave, when playing his marvelous solo.

Hans

Thanks, Hans. Yes, faster would have shown the urgency, but the idea is to ignore time. hehe

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
" Listen to the birds as they sing to the wind. Listen to the wind sing back.
Oh, take it all in and you'll widen your grin. It takes no special knack."

Great lines! We spent some time today doing nothing but listening to birds ... and the wind was blowing.

The pedal steel was perfecto as was the accordion (we've used it and it is indeed ace).

As always, yours and Dave's performances were excellent and the vid is one of our favorites of yours.

All of Bill's contributions were great too!

Enjoyed it!

J&B

Thanks, you guys. You get it for sure. Thanks for mentioning that wonderful cast of players, too.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Your answer: Thanks, Hans. Yes, faster would have shown the urgency, but the idea is to ignore time. hehe

Me: I was blinded by the subtitle "who will listen" and that was wrong: time is the essence! So rushing is not a wise thing to do. At least not on our age...

Nice weekend,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hats of to everyone involved!

A great production.
Marty, some smooth vocals going on there, well done.
Pretty fancy video as well.
moto

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks so much for listening and commenting, Derochett.
Thanks, Janne. You surely get it, man.
Thanks, James (musician17). I try not to spend too much time on making the vidz, but I do.
Thanks for stopping back, Hans. You are right!! I am old.
Thanks, Moto. I'm so glad you gave it a listen.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Marty really great job on this guys well done thanks Eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty, Bill, Dave
Brilliant! Has a very special melody, that I can't put my ear on... It reminds me of several big time European bands, but no one in particular. When this happens, I know it is a good one smile

Excellent lyrics and vocals. Cool pedal steel and solo guitar work! Marty, grand job of making all work together. It does sound unique and special. Accordion fits VERY well. Congrats team and thank you for sharing.
P.S. Nice video too!

Misha.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,686
Posts748,118
Members38,857
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Bob Shilling, nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico
38,856 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199