Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Hans.

Your vocals are perfect for this song, and the arrangement is excellent - especially the wide stereo field effects.

Some songs call for subtlety - this song doesn't.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hello Ray, Mario, Rob, Scott and Moto,

Thanks a lot for your nice comments on this 'heavy' song.
It attracted more attention than I initially expected.

Originally Posted By: rayc
Really good arrangement Hans.
That piano hammering the changes on the left sounds ominous and explosive at the same time.
Vocals are cool and you surely mean what you sing.

I do wonder, amongst this current crop of protest songs, where the ones for Palestine, Yemen, Syria etc are.
Higher death tolls but, the reality is, the further from Europe the less dread is felt I suppose.
Fine song, fine sentiments, fine performance.

Hi Ray, thanks for the compliments.. You are right about the other countries you mention. It even had more attention than that mass drowning in South africa or the refugees from Africa. But there is a world of discussion on this, more than that Ukraine is closer to Europe, I'm afraid.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Hans, this is an outstanding song
Great vocal and lyrics
Super mix and sound effects
Lets Pray that this isn't the start of WWIII
Your best to date

Hi Mario, thanks too for your nice words. I wasn't aware it could become one of my best. I just thought i had to do something. Well, it wasn't more than making a song and sending some money. But let's indeed hope it won't lead to WWIII. Maybe some Russians think the same?

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Wow, this is something else. Apart from its undisputed urgency, I love the tension in this song. The initial FX sounds are convincing, but what's really interesting is the interaction of the lead guitar and the vocal. Really takes it to another level.

Goed gedaan Hans!
Rob

Hoi Rob, if you become a little angry, see what comes from that! To tell you the truth, that guitar came in later. I changed another one for this, because the accents were nicer. And I used some guitar loops too in the bg. to make it sound more 'exciting'.
Leuk dat je het goed vond!

Originally Posted By: Scott C
I think this is one of your best song Hans. Loved the intro. Mix just brought my studio to life. Really cool vocal and lyric. Band was perfect.

I was watching a crime series from Finland called Bordertown. Was suprised to see how close Russia is to allot of countries in Europe. With all the covid problems in the world Putin has to create all this chaos and destruction as well.

Hi Scott, thanks! I was thinking what you did in your studio with the song; Volume on 10? Especially the explosions? The first version had explosions I thought were loud enough, but my son said he thought it was slamming a door...
Yes, Finland has a 1300 km long border with Russia. and they want to join the Nato. I hope Putin has been removed before this happens. Otherwise WWIII is close and we can't make songs together again...

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Powerful!
The winds are blowing the war right into our laps.
Well done!
moto

Hi Mo, I hope you have a blanket on your lap or you catch a cold or a nastier fever! Thanks for the compliments!

I hope you will enjoy this weekend,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
The production is brilliant, Hans. Love those sound effects.
Personally I would have left out "Russia", mainly because it seems not all Russians support the war.

Well done again.

Vic

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Vic,

Thanks for your post and compliment! Very nice.
But I can't agree with you about skipping Russia because of your reason.
In my first version I used terms like Mordor (Lord of the Rings), but changed it to the version you heard.
Why I can't agree is that in WWII the agressors were Germany and Japan (mainly), while undoubtedly there were also good Germans and Japanese. Still their country was called the agressor. Here Russia is the agressor to Ukraine, that's the similarity.
If all Russians overthrow their leader soon, I change this part of the song ;-)

Originally Posted By: vicarn
The production is brilliant, Hans. Love those sound effects.
Personally I would have left out "Russia", mainly because it seems not all Russians support the war.

Well done again.

Vic

Have a nice day,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Janice, Bud, Deej and David,

Thanks a lot for your comments and compliments, although the cause is terrible.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
This is epic, Hans!
The mix, arrangement, band and your performance all sound excellent.
We love the way you sing “Russia” and “Putin” with such disdain and disgust.
The war in Ukraine is such an awful situation and your song expresses our feeling about it too.

Here’s hoping there’ll be an ending to it all soon that will inspire another song from you.

Good one John, uh, we mean Hans! smile
J&B

Hi both, yes it could be John speaking here. Let's give peace a chance...
And I would be one of the first to make a song on that, at least, as long as Ukraine wins ;-)

I like that you type my pronouncation of those two words the way you did. I really felt it that way when singing it.
And thanks for what you said about the technicaL stuff!

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Hans,
Terrific stuff . . . and what a powerful opening—great use of the effects. I think among your best vocal performances . . . all adding up to a very compelling tune. The Pop Power soloist works really well here as well. Cool arrangement and production!

Hope all is well in your world,
Deej

Hi Deej, that's very nice of you to write this. feels good!
That's not the case with the cause for this all, as I wrote to J&B (above). Normally I don't use those videogames-fxs often. I can recall one song in which I did it. It was about a plane crash.
Glad you liked it!
And I hope so too that it stays save in Europe, but you never know...

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Hi, Hans.
Your vocals are perfect for this song, and the arrangement is excellent - especially the wide stereo field effects.
Some songs call for subtlety - this song doesn't.

Hi David, about your last sentence; that's what I wrote to Deej (above) and some others. But you wrote it down perfectly. Here the fxs had to be included. Thanks a lot for your compliments!

I hope you all have a nice day today,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hans,

This is a great expression that encapsulates what many in the world feel about this situation! Your vocal is delivered in a very piercing and appropriate manner! Really great work! Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Birchwood,

the atmosphere is well transcribed from the stupidity of wars which only brings suffering and tears. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Torrey and JJJ,

Thanks for your compliments on this 'war' song. As we speak that war is getting worse more and more. The man in Russia is not able to take his defeat, so the shelling goes on. Have you read he even thinks of declaring was to Ukraine? That would be something...!

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Hans,
This is a great expression that encapsulates what many in the world feel about this situation! Your vocal is delivered in a very piercing and appropriate manner! Really great work! Thanks, Torrey

Hi Torrey, Thanks for saying this! Regrettably we live in dangerous times now. But we have BiaB and our imagination to help us get through.

Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Birchwood,
the atmosphere is well transcribed from the stupidity of wars which only brings suffering and tears. Well done.
Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Hello JJJ, thanks for these words. But the reason stayes sad...

Stay safe,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Raw, pulsing energy and urgency in the music. Perfect match for your message. Vocal is spot on! Great work, Hans!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Hans,

Strong sound and vocal!
The Netherlands is close to Ukraine and Russia, so the song is powerful.
I think it's very difficult to write the actual war in the lyrics, it's very well expressed.
My thoughts are the same as you.
The situation is completely different from this song, but I remembered the song called "55 days at Beijing" for a moment.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hans ...

In my opinion, your very best song and production since you've joined our music community. So powerful and spot on. Love the sound effects - no problem there. I think they enhance the song in so many ways. Powerful and so well done!

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hello Ezekiel, Shigeki and Alan,

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Raw, pulsing energy and urgency in the music. Perfect match for your message. Vocal is spot on! Great work, Hans!

Thanks Ezekiel, you picked up what I hoped to achieve!

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello Hans,

Strong sound and vocal!
The Netherlands is close to Ukraine and Russia, so the song is powerful.
I think it's very difficult to write the actual war in the lyrics, it's very well expressed.
My thoughts are the same as you.
The situation is completely different from this song, but I remembered the song called "55 days at Beijing" for a moment.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.
Shigeki Adachi

Hi Shigeki, well actually it wasn't so difficult to write when these things occur and you feel helpless. The problem I had was what to write and where to begin. So much happend, but also so much solidarity with Ukraine is shown, from the whole Western or Western orientated countries. That also could have been a nice start for the lyrics. But I then decided I wanted the feelings 'scurrility', injustice', 'furiosity' and 'revenge' to be leading. And a statement I read about the UN underlined it all.

You mentioned 55 days at Beijing. I saw the movie years ago and was very impressed. I forgot the song, so listened to it on internet just now. I remembered it. But it's interesting to know why that song came in your mind...
Thanks a lot for your kind review, Shigeki!

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hans ...

In my opinion, your very best song and production since you've joined our music community. So powerful and spot on. Love the sound effects - no problem there. I think they enhance the song in so many ways. Powerful and so well done!

Alan

Hi Alan, it's been a while you visited 'me'. And I'm glad you did, because of your very kind words. Of course I don't agree with you this to be my best song ever, but it keeps me humble smile
How is Di going nowadays? I heard some sad stories and hope all the best for her and you!

I wish you all a very hapy day,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,686
Posts748,118
Members38,857
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Bob Shilling, nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico
38,856 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199