Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
Wonderful lyrics, muscianship and delivery.
Sad, haunting, pondering and good.

Thank you!

That is much appreciated by all three of us.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ah, Peter, Janice Bud, you all know how much I love this song AND the video. Your creativity has long ago ceased to amaze me, or rather I'm used to being blown away by what you folks do. Janice, you are by far one of my all-time favorite vocal groups. Man... You three fit so well together, and make some of the best music. Your videos are getting so good. There is nothing on this one I'd want to change. It all works so well together with the music --just like you guys do.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice video! Still an excellent song.

I recall reading that - unlike our current view of cemeteries as dreary places - they basically existed as the first form of public parks. But this is more a early 19th century sort of thing - a bit later than this particular cemetery.

It's always sad to see something lost and abandoned - doubly so for memorial intended to keep memories of loved ones alive.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Team,
I remember this tune very well. One of the best Janice's vocals + harmonies. Very neat video., Powerful images and I love sepia. Sad and beautiful. You are getting good with video projects!
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Janice, Bud & Peter,

I remember this song well. The video is beautiful and really drives home how comforting and lonely these places can be at the same time.

So well done…

Bob

Bob, thanks for watching and the nice and supportive comments.

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Janice & Bud,

The piano sound is perfect. Janice's voice still so sweet and captivating. It's a treat again. The video is superb. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I visited a cemetery in Charleston SC once, and when I read dates on the tombstones that were well before the US was officially a country, it made me palpably shudder. This song and video brought me right back to that trip. Great job as always. Janice has a way of finding the soul in a lyric.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
I also remember this one from the spring. Really good song, and I thought the video came out extremely well. Great job for everyone involved, this is a project to be proud of. If you ever get out west, there's a neat old graveyard in Virginia City, not to far from Reno. I'm sure it's not as old as some of those in the east, but it is pretty large and has a lot of the old west settlers there. The town is a bit of a tourist trap, but it still has a lot of the old west in it, particularly on the weekends when it can still get a little wild. Thanks for the post!

Thank you Brad! When we used to vacation in CO we visited a lot of old cemeteries that we discovered mountain biking. And I’m sure we missed many. And even though Eastern ones are typically earlier our sentiment is the same.

J&B

Last edited by Janice & Bud; 08/31/22 02:31 AM.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello all
Impressive video
Gives the song even more depth and power
Perfect
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
I love the performance video! The brown/sepia filter works great.
I totally understand why you put this on Vimeo. The excellent sound quality of the mix is probably maintained a lot better than on YouTube?

Great vocals as usual by Janice, but the background vocals are particularly striking here. I fondly detected some Ladies of the Canyon - Joni Mitchell moments there :-).

Seamlessly followed by the set in of the solo by Peter.

Really good!

Rob

We moved to Vimeo after YT monetized our videos. We do this for friends and family and they should not have to look at a gross ad to watch them. And you are right the audio and video quality is better. Thank you for mentioning the harmonies and Peter’s solo! It was a fun project other than nearly every scene we shot being windy. Glad you liked it!

J&B

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Janice and Bud

Just back from a month in Poland visiting my wife's family. A lot of songs to catch up on, and what better place to start. I remember this one well, which I like very much. The sepia toned video is excellent. Janice is so good at lip syncing - not an easy thing to do!

We visited several cemeteries during our visit, by the way, a thing which most Poles do quite regularly (and I only do in Poland). While of course there are some abandoned graveyards there too, particularly in rural areas, most cemeteries are very well maintained. Families visiting graves typically clean them and place lots of flowers and candles. There's even a public holiday on All Souls Day when the majority of Poles visit the graves of their loved ones. Apparently if you are flying into the country on All Souls Eve, spread out below will be a sea of lights from the candlelit graves.

Kind regards,
Leon

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Howdy!

Love the video. Already heard the song some time back. As I've mentioned to you (Janice & Bud), I've visited dozens and dozens of cemeteries all over the country in search of my family's history. Each has its own mystery and intrigue. The video so well captures that historical magic as it applies to the human soul.

What a great song and wonderful video. Janice sure can put her qualified vocal signature to just about any piece of music. Good job in all respects!

Reminds me of that old saying: It's not the dates on the stones that matters so much; it's what happened between the numbers.

Alan

Yep it all comes down to that little dash between the dates.

We are happy it worked for you and evoked memories.
And thanks for the kind remarks. It means a lot!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
The video is a fantastic match for the song. well done in making it work so well.

Thanks Ray!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Excellent video. Y'all get better with each one.
This is well done.

The sepia is a great choice for this.
You both did an AMAZING job with the syncing!!!
Excellent camera work!

The video really highlights/elevates the song!

SO good.

fj

Thanks mr jane.

Elevating the song is mission accomplished.

We appreciate you saying that!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Your video brings to life the imagery in the lyrics. I loved hearing this again, especially the beautiful harmony.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
First of all this is an awesome song and performance. Loved the video. Incredible photography. Lovely story so well fit to the video. Well done.

Thank you very much Scott!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
A fantastic song and outstanding video

Sepia was an excellent choice here

As usual all three of you did an outstanding job

Loved it

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
4T strikes again.

the previous posters have said all i might say.

EXCELLENT VOCS again.

happiness

om

Thanks y’all!!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
J&B,

That's a great song! What a common thing it is to see those places abandoned and forgotten! It's sad to think that most of us will become a footnote in history after a couple of generations.

Great video and performance! As always by you folks!

Thanks, Torrey

Thank you Torrey. We all greatly appreciate your comments.

J&B

Originally Posted By: musician17
Love the tune, loved it when I first heard it, and the video only enhances it, for want of a more poetic word. Sincerest congratulations - beautifully done.

Thanks. Glad you felt that the vid brought more to the audio. We always wonder if we have met that goal.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Phil Leith
I remember visiting a cemetery 20 ... 25 years ago with my wife and inlaws. A lot of their relatives were buried there.

It was a big cemetery and the graves went back a long time, and it struck me ... all of these people went through what I'm going through. Joy, sorrow, fear, worry ... worry about death, the afterlife ... and ... they died. Just like I will.

In some way I suddenly felt reassured. Not alone. We're not the first to feel these things, and we won't be the last.

Somehow, it all turns out ok. At least that's the feeling I got.

Thank you for sharing your feelings. We completely understand and have similar thoughts.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Man, this is really sensational.

Loved everything about it!

I could have sworn I saw this video before? I am tripping?

Maybe too much reading of Charles Dickens?

The Ghost of Christmas Graveyard Video Future??

smile

But, anyway, this is awesome!!

smile

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
J & B : The breadth and depth of your talents never ceases to amaze me. Another outstanding video!
Hey, that I-phone Pro produces beautiful video. I take it the audio track is laid in post. What video editing program do you use if you don't mind my asking? Your camera man did a superb job!

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,686
Posts748,118
Members38,857
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Bob Shilling, nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico
38,856 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199