Originally Posted By: eddie1261
<...snip...>
So yeah, I was fun, and funny. Oddly I am an extreme introvert. That kind of "clown mask" was how I dealt with the anxiety of being around so many people. During breaks I found a quiet corner to sit by myself or if there was a dressing room I sat there.

But back to my fee...<...>

The fee? I'll have my people get with your people and we'll negotiate.

Good stuff Eddie. I might steal some more.

Perhaps we can trade smile

BTW, I was shy when I started gigging. I never had fear of the microphone, but I was shy in person.

I got over it, though. I'm not an extravert, although like you on the microphone, I'm a lot more animated than I am in person.

We have a few birthday gags.

When someone requests a Happy Birthday, we'll sing the song and when the applause dies down, I'll call their name, on the mic which gets most of the room's attention and follow with something like this.

Ever since the late 1920s, when Leilani and I started The Sophisticats, (creates a giggle) there has been a long-standing birthday tradition. And (---- name--) we'd like to include you in that time honored, never broken, birthday tradition. That tradition that states that he, or she who celebrates a birthday wherever The Sophisticats are playing has the distinct right (pause), honor (pause) and privilege, (quicken pace) of buying the house a round of drinks. Let's here it for (---name---).

We have a few more, because you can't repeat the same one over and over.

Oh, back on topic, we don't use a backing track for "Happy Birthday".

Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks