Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You are the winner of the most relatable song on the forum. Lyrics are spot on.

I like the melody. A bit bouncy!

Dave continues to add guitar bits that mold into the song.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I love it! I think you wrote the one all of us would have liked to have written here. Very fun song, bouncy beat and so well recorded ... And great way to throw out a great big thank you to the folks at PG Music. You and Dave did it again!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great tune! I'm with you all around. Great vocals and production.

Cheers

Mike B.

Music should be part of your life
http://www.soundclick.com/blackcatjazzcafeband
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Marty and Dave,

A great message song!
Dave's guitar phrases really liven up the song.
Your vocals are great too.
A variant of the blues progression is totally appropriate for this song.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: vicarn
Marty.
It's a lively piece. Well performed with a good lyric.
For me, the bass sounds a little boomy. Maybe a hi eq filter needed or maybe my ears need washing out.

Vic

Thanks, Vic. Yeah, I think the bass is probably a little too loud now that you mention it. That boominess would go away if the bass sat better in the mix. When I'm mixing I always have to remind myself I'm not mixing a bass-players album. haha. I know I am, but it shouldn't sound that way. Thanks for that.

Originally Posted By: rayc
Another twist from the optimist.
Terrific band, baked to perfection and iced with ace guitar.
Your vocals are even more mellifluous with each new recording.
Loved it.

Ah, The Twisted Optimist --great title, Ray. Dude, I love your comments. Keep up the good word, man.

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Awesome tune Marty. Very cool vocal and lyric. Excellent guitar work from Dave. Loved the video. Well done..

Man, Scott, you are the best. You promote my songs here, on YT, Soundcloud and FB. Thanks so much, brother. Keep creating.

Originally Posted By: musician17
Superb in every way. What lovely, refreshing lyrics! Good advice for us all! BEAUTIFUL video ... GREAT guitar playing from Dave Bell ... and, of course, a generous dollop of good cheer from yourself, both voice and bass :-) . And yes, thanks PG Music! A great song, nailed by everyone involved. Inspires me to keep writing - and that's just about the highest compliment I know how to give :-)

Thanks, James. No one here needs this kind of advice, but there are so many others out there that waste so much time trying to please an imaginary audience that they miss the fun of letting Creativity take control. That's why the best music I hear is right here. Yes, it is the highest compliment you give, but you obviously don't need any nudge for inspiration. You're creative cup is runnithing over.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wonderful music that makes your feet tap and your body move!
Very good lyrics!
Awesome song.

Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Lovely message, as a songwriter very easy to cherish and relate to. Let your own star shine smile
"I'm doing it because I can't help it" & "The meaning of life is to create.", glad you put those ideas into a great song! And without possibility to create, there would be no life. And BIAB makes it easy for us to be real stars.
Nice and positive catchy melody, the positivity is also beautifully reflected in the video. You have found great colorful clips for it.
"your singing gets better with each song" I agree with B.D.Thomas.
Sounds like Dave was born just to play his guitar in this song, great work!

BTW. you manage to release a "Star" song just before me wink

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Marty and Dave !:))

Absolutely wonderful is this tune
in every aspect ! I liked everything
about it !

It really rocked my chair over
here in Kyrkslätt (that´s where I live) !!

Thank you for this masterpiece !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks very much, Dani. That's quite an impact. Maybe now you have a rocking chair.

Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hi Marty and Dave
You both fully in your element ;-)
Sounds really cool
And Dave's guitar work is TOP
Really great work
The video fits great
Nice scenes and pictures
Well done Marty
Both thumbs up
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Hi Andi! I see you posted your new one, too. Headed there next. Thanks for your kind words of encouragement.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Brilliant song, one of my favorite BabuMusic songs actually, and there are lots of good ones!

Thanks for the invite wink

Oh, no, thank you, Dave. You know it's an open invitation. Can't wait to see the video for your new one.

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Marty and Dave

You are a very busy man!!! On how many projects are you working each day? But the results are delicious to listen at.

And your songs are mostly so positive. Your lyrics and singing in this very attractive song are no exception to this.
I agree with B.D. thomas your singing gets better every time (a little bit more each time, because they were already very nice, but still...).

Dave also did (again) a very good job on the lead guitar. One can only enjoy what he's doing, so nice to listen to.
I think his guitar play is lifting every song (if needed).

Take a break for some hours,
Hans

Thanks, Hans. Right now I have 3 ready for posting, and roughly 6 in process. Cut it out. You have that many, too, I know. Yeah, you're so right about Dave making songs so much better withhis crafty playing. I've thrown him a few curve balls and he knocked 'em all out of the park on the first pitch.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
“Cater to creation forget their expectation
and listen to the drive that makes you whole. “

Oh yeah! Delightful lyric.

Marty, your lead and tight harmonies are very good and we feel like we’re sitting in the same room as you. That bass man is really nailing it all down!

Dave’s solo, in addition to his intro and fills, is excellent.

We couldn’t agree more with you on the pure joy and creativity (and friendships) that PG Music has provided.

And as always your vid nails the sentiment of the tune.

Keep ‘em coming!

J&B

You can listen to our catalog on Apple Music or Spotify by searching on Janice Merritt
Our Videos are here on our website
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty

Excellent song catchy and infectious. Top vocal & bass playing and some lovely (as always) guitar playing by Dave.

Nice video to top it all off.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
per the song title...liked the way the song start was sooo commanding and practically shouted 'ya gotta listen to this'.

grrreat choruses and stops etc.

loverly lyrics.

kudos mate.

best

om

Thanks, OM.

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
You are the winner of the most relatable song on the forum. Lyrics are spot on.

I like the melody. A bit bouncy!

Dave continues to add guitar bits that mold into the song.

Thanks, Scott. As a strong voice in the choir, you surely know it by heart and soul. Man, you're right about Dave. He really knows how to interpret a song --any style.

Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
I love it! I think you wrote the one all of us would have liked to have written here. Very fun song, bouncy beat and so well recorded ... And great way to throw out a great big thank you to the folks at PG Music. You and Dave did it again!

Thank you, Brad. In my mind you all HAVE written the song, and all royalties will be split. I'm good with zero divided by zero. [Interesting fact: this so-called western world didn't use a zero until the 13th century. Fibonacci learned it from someone from India while they were both visiting Africa. That won't be on the test.]

Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Great tune! I'm with you all around. Great vocals and production.

Cheers

Mike B.

Thanks, Mike.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Sorry for the delay. I DO want to reply to every commment, but am reluctant to bump this old song to the top.

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Marty and Dave,

A great message song!
Dave's guitar phrases really liven up the song.
Your vocals are great too.
A variant of the blues progression is totally appropriate for this song.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thanks so much, Shigeki. Means a lot to me.

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Wonderful music that makes your feet tap and your body move!
Very good lyrics!
Awesome song.

Anne-Marie

Thank you Rob & Anne-Marie.

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Lovely message, as a songwriter very easy to cherish and relate to. Let your own star shine smile
"I'm doing it because I can't help it" & "The meaning of life is to create.", glad you put those ideas into a great song! And without possibility to create, there would be no life. And BIAB makes it easy for us to be real stars.
Nice and positive catchy melody, the positivity is also beautifully reflected in the video. You have found great colorful clips for it.
"your singing gets better with each song" I agree with B.D.Thomas.
Sounds like Dave was born just to play his guitar in this song, great work!

BTW. you manage to release a "Star" song just before me wink

Janne

Janne, I love your star song. So cool. Well said here about without creativity there is no life. Right! As far as my vocals improving... well, for the first time in my life I'm practicing before pushing record. Until visiting here, I only used BiaB to make demos for others to sing. Thanks, Janne.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
“Cater to creation forget their expectation
and listen to the drive that makes you whole. “

Oh yeah! Delightful lyric.

Marty, your lead and tight harmonies are very good and we feel like we’re sitting in the same room as you. That bass man is really nailing it all down!

Dave’s solo, in addition to his intro and fills, is excellent.

We couldn’t agree more with you on the pure joy and creativity (and friendships) that PG Music has provided.

And as always your vid nails the sentiment of the tune.

Keep ‘em coming!

J&B

Thanks, Janice & Bud. You guys make life so much more enjoyable.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Marty

Excellent song catchy and infectious. Top vocal & bass playing and some lovely (as always) guitar playing by Dave.

Nice video to top it all off.

Peter

Thanks, Peter. So glad you like it.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi BabuMusic,

Very pleasant composition. It feels good to have an optimistic message. The rhythm is very catchy and the lyrics well written.

Kindly regard
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
All I can say Marty is that you are a song writing, bass thumping, lyric singing powerhouse!
Great job.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Great track!!! Fun, catchy song with a great message!!! Always love your vocals and Dave's licks!!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty (and Dave)

I am so in agreement with your comments in the description! We gotta keep on keepin on with our music! I love everything about the tune! Your bass playing is fantastic, and Dave never lets the listener down with his playing, it always sounds great! Nice job with the vocals (and background vox). I always enjoy your tunes!

Thanks, T

User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Sounds terrific Marty and it’s definitely a very catchy song. You voice is very clear in the recording and I love the guitar!

Regards, Dermot

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty & Dave,

Sorry I am late for the party. Fun & optimistic tune with incredible drive! Amazing composition, vocal and instrumental performance! Very creative stuff. After watching, I want to do some of that clay turning! You definitely should try to put out your tunes to wider audience. Liked it very much, and thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi BabuMusic,

Very pleasant composition. It feels good to have an optimistic message. The rhythm is very catchy and the lyrics well written.

Kindly regard
alias JaniJackFlash

Thank you, Derochette.

Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
All I can say Marty is that you are a song writing, bass thumping, lyric singing powerhouse!
Great job.

Haha Thanks, Steve.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Great track!!! Fun, catchy song with a great message!!! Always love your vocals and Dave's licks!!! Take care. Greg

High-praise, Greg. Thank you!

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Marty (and Dave)

I am so in agreement with your comments in the description! We gotta keep on keepin on with our music! I love everything about the tune! Your bass playing is fantastic, and Dave never lets the listener down with his playing, it always sounds great! Nice job with the vocals (and background vox). I always enjoy your tunes!

Thanks, T

Hi, Torrey. I know you are in the choir and this sermon is partly a result of your inspiration. I really love your new album.

Originally Posted By: Dermot Eireebykq
Sounds terrific Marty and it’s definitely a very catchy song. You voice is very clear in the recording and I love the guitar!

Regards, Dermot

Thank you, Dermot. I'm really enjoying your music.

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Marty & Dave,

Sorry I am late for the party. Fun & optimistic tune with incredible drive! Amazing composition, vocal and instrumental performance! Very creative stuff. After watching, I want to do some of that clay turning! You definitely should try to put out your tunes to wider audience. Liked it very much, and thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Hi, Misha. Miss ya. The party can't start without you. I believe this whole forum should have a wider audience. The stuff on here is often so much better than what they are fed by the industry.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Really good song Marty and great theme. I was actually mentoring someone yesterday and said exactly the same thing!!!

smile

Good one man!!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,967
Posts751,714
Members38,959
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Alesha, jarredou, jadecomeria58, Seraphinang, Nevillberger
38,959 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 105