floyd jane #770919 07/11/23 03:44 PM
User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi, floyd jane.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A lovely opening. Both the piano and the bass sound great.

LOVELOVELOVE the Melody!!!

Sweet harmonies.

A very effective little "drop" for the ending...

I like your chorus. Simple, yet effective.

Thanks! blush

Quote:
Not sure Skies Hiding works as an image?

I guess I'm going to prove you right by explaining it. wink

It's an elision of these two thoughts:

I can't find my blue skies, they're hidden behind grey clouds
   I can't find you, where are you hiding?

I figured I'd fix it later, but never did, partly because I liked the inner rhyme of skies/hide and didn't want to lose it.

Maybe something like this would work...

blue skies
   where are my blue skies?
   now they all hide
   behind grey clouds
   since you've been gone

I'll see what I can do. smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
dcuny #770921 07/11/23 04:10 PM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Nice Synth V work. I haven't heard NY Jun demos this one is really nice. Your choice of mixing his voice with Natalie works very nicely. Great Real Tracks, mix, production.

Elliott Kayne
elliottkayne@gmail.com
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic
https://www.facebook.com/ekayne

Health, Wealth, Family, Faith, Friends, and Fun

dcuny #770941 07/12/23 03:21 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You continue to push the limits of synthetic vocals in a great way.
Job well done.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
dcuny #770953 07/12/23 05:39 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
That is quite the piece of work. A lot of effort went into that. Nicely done

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
dcuny #770960 07/12/23 07:17 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I may have to barrow your synthesizer V because I am personally speechless!

The song truly amazing me in every aspect including and especially using technology to get such an authentic bordering on completely organic sound!

I really don't have time to write everything that impresses me with your work. The mix, the writing, the instrument choices, the AI sides of things. Crazy, crazy good David!

So so many questions I could be asking but my brain is locked by what I just heard! lol

thanks SO MUCH for sharing this!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
dcuny #770961 07/12/23 07:20 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David...I'm always amazed at your skill level with AI...very nice!!

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
dcuny #771144 07/15/23 01:39 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi David,

Well, Natalie and that AI-guy did a nice duet.
And you composed, mixed and mastered it very well, despite all the challenges you wrote about.
I am impressed how good you are now with those AI-voices. Almost human, or rather, if you didn't know any better, they are human

The song itself is very nice, but a bit too sweet for my taste.
I thought about that harmony vocals throughout the song.
Could you have done that less, so that Natalie (or that guy) only fills in on certain parts and/or choruses?
But that is a matter of taste, I think.

Have a nice day, David,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
dcuny #771223 07/16/23 05:35 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very nice to read your backstory, my process is quite different, because I need to have at least one verse and the chorus ready before I can even think about mixing. But I do use RhymeZone for inspiration, too smile
I have tried Jun VB now, you have made him sound quite pleasing, enjoyable vibrato, especially for a slower tempo song like yours. In my tests, his accent felt bit strange, but I loved his voice in very low register (probably not much use for it, but still fun). I can understand why many demo songs are duets... Harmonies with Natalie work really well.
Pleasant arrangement with tasty chord progression. Very good mix, actually perfect, because there's nothing that distracts me, vocals blend nicely with the band.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

dcuny #771526 07/20/23 04:44 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
First of all, we thoroughly enjoy your backstories. smile
It is very interesting to see how others develop a lyric and melody.

It’s a lovely song and the harmonies between Natalie and Jun are delightful.
Natalie, especially, could fool us.

The melody, as others have noted, is extra nice as is the open airy mix.
Great soundstage.

The amount of thought and work that you put into this is hard to imagine.
We assume that in addition to your creativity the patience of Job is required. smile

Good one!

J&B

PS You said, “Bud knows what a baby I am about that” Bud says you can blame Janice for that Eb chord smile

dcuny #771547 07/20/23 07:03 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
David,
Your composition skills are top notch. Excellent effort in training robogirls to follow your ideas. Overall, very professionally made, but I did find some vocal stops a bit unnatural. However, a "live" singer will easily overcome those and V-synth is an excellent guide. Always interested to see what you come up with next. Super mix and a very smooth listen. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Bass Thumper #772027 07/25/23 06:05 PM
User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
You continue to push the limits of synthetic vocals in a great way.
Job well done.

Hi, Steve.

Thanks for listening and commenting! smile

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Elliott Kayne
Nice Synth V work. I haven't heard NY Jun demos this one is really nice. Your choice of mixing his voice with Natalie works very nicely. Great Real Tracks, mix, production.

Hi, Elliott.

Thanks, I appreciate your kind words. smile

-- David Cuny

Guitarhacker #772029 07/25/23 06:08 PM
User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
That is quite the piece of work. A lot of effort went into that. Nicely done

Hi, Herb.

Thanks!

Actually, this one only took me a few days... less work than I usually do. wink

I appreciate you stopping by to comment.

-- David Cuny

HearToLearn #772030 07/25/23 06:12 PM
User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Crazy, crazy good David!

Hi, Chad.

Thanks for the positive feedback! I appreciate it.

Quote:
So so many questions I could be asking but my brain is locked by what I just heard!

Once you've recovered your voice, feel free to reach out if there's anything you'd like to ask about. I'll be happy to answer any question.

Thanks again! smile

-- David Cuny

firesong #772031 07/25/23 06:12 PM
User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: firesong
David...I'm always amazed at your skill level with AI...very nice!!

Hi, Dan.

Thanks, I appreciate your comments!

-- David Cuny

Birchwood #772032 07/25/23 06:17 PM
User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
The song itself is very nice, but a bit too sweet for my taste.

Hi, Hans.

That's cool.

Quote:
I thought about that harmony vocals throughout the song.
Could you have done that less, so that Natalie (or that guy) only fills in on certain parts and/or choruses?

Yes, I could have.

In fact, I probably should have.

But every now and then, I over-indulge and put out something that's a bit too much like an over-ripe fruit. wink

Thanks for stopping to comment!

-- David Cuny

jannesan #772033 07/25/23 06:21 PM
User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very nice to read your backstory, my process is quite different, because I need to have at least one verse and the chorus ready before I can even think about mixing.

Me, too!

Holding off on mixing (and other embellishments) acts as a carrot for me to finish up the lyrics. But sometimes I break my own rules.

Quote:
I have tried Jun VB now, you have made him sound quite pleasing, enjoyable vibrato, especially for a slower tempo song like yours. In my tests, his accent felt bit strange, but I loved his voice in very low register (probably not much use for it, but still fun).

Yes, he's still got a bit of an accent. But certainly better than the other male voices that are converted from Chinese or Japanese.

Quote:
Very good mix, actually perfect, because there's nothing that distracts me, vocals blend nicely with the band.

Thanks!

And an excellent definition of "good mix" - one I strive for, so I'm glad it worked! laugh

-- David Cuny

Janice & Bud #772034 07/25/23 06:33 PM
User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
First of all, we thoroughly enjoy your backstories. smile
It is very interesting to see how others develop a lyric and melody.

Hi, Janice and Bud.

The same here!

Every song has its own process, and its good to get new ideas of how to solve problems.

Quote:
It’s a lovely song and the harmonies between Natalie and Jun are delightful.
Natalie, especially, could fool us.

Thanks!

As you know, vocal harmonies are often the most fun part for me to write.

Quote:
The melody, as others have noted, is extra nice as is the open airy mix.
Great soundstage.

Glad to hear it, especially from you!

It's starting to get through my thick skull that one of the key secrets to a good mix is to have less going on. laugh

Quote:
The amount of thought and work that you put into this is hard to imagine.

Fortunately for me, it's a pretty linear process.

And the SynthesizerV software is getting better and better. There's a real advantage of having the singer there (so to speak) to immediately try out the vocals or a melodic line.

Some bits - like getting phrasing right - can be tedious, but it's not unlike how you'd sing a phrase over and over again, trying out different options. You keep going when it sounds right.

And that usually doesn't take as long as you might suspect... Although it's certainly longer than if I actually sang it myself.

But if I sang it, I'd probably be fiddling with the pitch, or making slight adjustments to the timing after the fact anyway. wink

Thanks for listening and commenting!

Quote:
PS You said, “Bud knows what a baby I am about that” Bud says you can blame Janice for that Eb chord smile

Hehehe. smirk

-- David Cuny

Rustyspoon# #772035 07/25/23 06:36 PM
User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Your composition skills are top notch. Excellent effort in training robogirls to follow your ideas. Overall, very professionally made, but I did find some vocal stops a bit unnatural.

Hi, Misha.

Feel free to point out the locations. I've got no qualms about having another listen and adjusting it (assuming it's not some quirk I fell in love with). smile

Quote:
However, a "live" singer will easily overcome those and V-synth is an excellent guide.

The great thing about a "live" singer is that they're going to put their own spin on it anyway.

Quote:
Always interested to see what you come up with next. Super mix and a very smooth listen.

Thanks, I appreciate the positive words! laugh

-- David Cuny

dcuny #772037 07/25/23 07:47 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
This is SO beautiful! The voices sound natural, all the technical stuff is spot on, I personally find ... but the songwriting, in this one, is what makes it. Brilliant, brilliant stuff. Bravo.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,686
Posts748,098
Members38,856
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico, vantuir
38,855 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199