rsdean #778258 10/09/23 06:38 PM
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by rsdean
Ray / Misha,
Artistic and creative... Love the huge sound. Love the non-stop pace. Love the atmosphere. Production sounds awesome to me.
Much enjoyed!
Bob
Thanks Bob,
I've punched a hole in the arrangement for some contrast - not too much I hope.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
DC Ron #778259 10/09/23 06:43 PM
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Love how you built the wall of sound. Thought a couple of the vocal sections were a bit forward in the mix. Overall, I think it works well.
Thanks Ron,
This is a retrained mix compared to some of my previous stuff so "wall of sound" is nice to have. Thanks.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Well, that is one of the coolest intros I've ever heard! Nicely done.
Lyrics are great, but definitely need to read along during the vocal to get them all.
Good stuff Ray and Misha, very creative.
Thanks Blue,
Glad you like the intro...just tooling about with a ring modulator & some distortion.
Misha & I both like robot toys. he has a better collection than me though.
We seem to have both been writing Robot related stuff so it made sense to collab on this one - besides his voice always adds gravitas.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi Ray and Misha,
Your collaboration is turning out great!
I loved everything in it, even the last seconds were intriguing
This feeling I had when listeing to your powerful song in which so many nice things, synth-sounds and words passed.
Of course Ray was hiding his voice again behind the band, but in this case that was no problem to me.
The vocals became more mysterious and -concerning the lyrics- that was a good thing!
Misha must have had the time of his life singing his dark verses! They were great, Misha!
All the words above mean I like the song ;-)
Hans
Thanks Hans,
Misha's melody & phrasing of the verses has become the memorable part of the song for me.
It's always fun & educational working with the man.

Cheers
rayc
vicarn #778262 10/09/23 06:49 PM
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by vicarn
Hi Ray and Misha.
I like the energy in the arrangement. Not too keen on all that vocal processing in the verses which hides the fine lyric.
Misha's vocal comes through though. Nearly there.
Vic
Thanks Vic,
I was very keen to get things mechanical/robotic in the vocal sphere. I probably over did it. the latest mix, premaster, has clearer vocals.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by David Snyder
This has the experimentalism I have come to expect from you guys!
Never a disappointment.
I was not bothered by the production because I heard it as kind of its own thing. Yes, it is a little crazy, but it is also a lot of fun.
Thanks David,
I slipped into some drones and still managed to stay, roughly in C.
Thanks for your support of the sound production style.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
R2D2? smile
I listened to the tweaked version. Your voice is not buried, which you know you have a tendency to do. I like having both you and Misha alternating on vocals. It add to the already otherworldly feel.
There is a lot going on sonically. Not overwhelming, but quite captivating.
One of my favorites.
Thanks & YES to the question!
Where would Star Wars be without Asimov?

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Technical feedback:
  • I listened to the tweak, the mix of the band, especially the drums, is fine now
  • Your singing is still way too buried, I can't understand many words at all
    Misha's vocals are good (and a nice addition to your song)
  • At 5:20 minutes long, it gets a bit monotonous/unspectacular after a while.
    I would use the bridges to create a strong contrast, maybe something really quiet with just one instrument and vocals (maybe even spoken vocals) would bring my attention back to where it should be on a song this good. And give the following chorus much more impact.

Artistic Feedback:
  • LOVE the song, good lyrics, lots of little details and interesting things to listen to
  • With Misha you've found a perfect singer for this music genre. Fits like a glove
  • Even though they are buried, I like your vocals and the mood you create
Thanks for the detail - I took the list to the most recent mix session.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Oh, my, Ray AND Misha? This is gonna be great!! Vocals are hard to hear. I really dig Misha's voice mixed with yours, Ray. Cool drum tracks and your bass is perfect (although it too could be louder*). I knew with you two mixing it up that the lyrics were going to be something special. Man, i like it when I'm right. There is so much fun in the mix. Both of you guys write songs that can be listened to over and over again and there is always something new to be heard. PUt the two of you together and well... I'll be listening again and again and again and again.
*heavily biased opinion
Thank Marty.
It's always a fun thing to work with Misha - he's a combo Mr. Positivity & Gentle Guidance Man.
I've upped the bass a bit JUST FOR YOU.

Cheers
rayc
rayc #778311 10/10/23 05:38 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
How cool!! (The intro will have Janice imitating Hal from 2001 for days. ;))

We’re both sci-fi fans and in this song y’all are certainly a dynamic duo in our opinion.

The alternating vocals work great.

Your synth and bass are excellent and the BiaB drums cut though the mix (in the good way) in the tweaked version.

We much like the progression of the lyric in each verse.

A most cool lyric! We much liked the bridge and also the line,
“Best to have all the relevant facts before one acts…”

Awesome!

J&B

PS Bud suggests to forget Ozone presets and build your own chain with the Ozone modules. And each module has its own group of presets. Gotta get very lucky to just grab an overall Ozone preset that works for your song. And either Ozone’s multi-band compressor or Dynamic EQ can really open up a mix - and avoid the drum issue. FWIW, IMHO, etc.

User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
How cool!! (The intro will have Janice imitating Hal from 2001 for days. ;))
We’re both sci-fi fans and in this song y’all are certainly a dynamic duo in our opinion.
The alternating vocals work great.
Your synth and bass are excellent and the BiaB drums cut though the mix (in the good way) in the tweaked version.
We much like the progression of the lyric in each verse.
A most cool lyric! We much liked the bridge and also the line,
“Best to have all the relevant facts before one acts…”
Awesome!
J&B
PS Bud suggests to forget Ozone presets and build your own chain with the Ozone modules. And each module has its own group of presets. Gotta get very lucky to just grab an overall Ozone preset that works for your song. And either Ozone’s multi-band compressor or Dynamic EQ can really open up a mix - and avoid the drum issue. FWIW, IMHO, etc.
Thanks J&B,
Yes, the Ozone run was just an outing as Misha had some bug dealt with and wanted to test it. He'll try something different next time.
I'm pleased you like the lyric...digging into my memories of Asimov was easy and, apparently, fruitful.
Thank you.

Cheers
rayc
rayc #778981 10/15/23 04:45 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Ray, Thank you for the invite!
Thanks everyone who mentioned my small part!

Last edited by Rustyspoon#; 10/15/23 04:46 PM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,686
Posts748,118
Members38,857
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Bob Shilling, nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico
38,856 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199