Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
I don't know the original song, but what you've done with it is really, really good.
Janice, who can sing a whole opera with just one syllable, is of course the main attraction, but the way Peter and Bud support her without getting in the way is 100% professional.
Good stuff, kudos to all 3 of you!

"Janice, who can sing a whole opera with just one syllable..." smile smile

Thanks for the nice comments. It was a fun project.

J&B

You can listen to our catalog on Apple Music or Spotify by searching on Janice Merritt
Our Videos are here on our website
User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by vicarn
Another golden vocal and smooth guitar picking.
I'm not an expert in the genre but it all sounds right to me.

Vic

Thanks Vic

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Blues at its absolute best.
Everything I wanted say already has been said so all I can add is
SWEET vocal and guitar

If I heard this is a record shop I would have bought it right then and there.

Inflation is so bad that CEOs are now playing miniature golf!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Birchwood
I can recall the original song, or at least a very old recording of this song.
I can, because I liked it back then. My father enjoyed all these Jazzy/Bluessy songs and played the records a lot.
So, in a way I was brainwashed as a child.

And now the song as played by you. I must start with Janice. she sings heavenly, exactly how Tom described it: her "world class vocals slide around the notes and allow the tear in her voice to caress the melody" (and I learned some more words...).
I also enjoy how Bud plays the acoustic baas. Is this the double bass, or in Dutch: Contrabas? Or an acoustic bass guitar? I couldn't hear so well which one it is.
And of course Peter on the guitar. Well he know's how to play all these genres. So the whole performance was lovely to listen to (of course...).

Hans

Thanks for the generous comments. Bud’s bass is I guess what would in orchestral terms be called a double bass. We refer to it as an upright bass or bass fiddle. It’s what you see with any jazz or bluegrass or rockabilly band. Extra thanks for the comment on Janice’s vocal!

J&B

You can listen to our catalog on Apple Music or Spotify by searching on Janice Merritt
User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by David Snyder
This is great!

Excellent performances all around!

Thanks David

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Good as it gets.

A lovely opening. Peter at his most musical best.

Janice. Perfection.

A "just right" Band.
A sweet mix.

The level of quality in this Showcase is amazing! (and growing every year).

Rated - a BIG Wow.

fj

It was fun to perform a song made popular by several of my favorite singers.
I’m happy you enjoyed it and a big thank you for the nice comments!

Janice

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
I don't know the original song, but what you've done with it is really, really good.
Janice, who can sing a whole opera with just one syllable, is of course the main attraction, but the way Peter and Bud support her without getting in the way is 100% professional.
Good stuff, kudos to all 3 of you!

Thanks a lot, as always Janice and Bud are great to work with.

Peter

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Peter (and Janice . . . and Bud):

Wonderfully done . . . sits right in your sweet spot, a genre you all do really, really well. No exception here. Outstanding vocal on this one to boot (as always, but Janice at the top of her game). Excellent!

My best to you all,

Deej

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Al-David
Everything I was thinking has already been said - much better than I would have expressed it.

You folks make some wonderful music - perfect example here. P & B - you fellas did a great job. But J's vocal gave all that talent you gentlemen have a terrific polish.

Simply great music!

Alan

Thanks for listening and the kind comments Al!

J&B

User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by PeterF
Baby Won't You Please Come Home

Another one in our Public Domain series.
"Baby Won't You Please Come Home" is a blues song written by Charles Warfield and Clarence Williams in 1919.
The song's authorship is disputed; Warfield claims that he was the sole composer of the song.
The song has been covered by many musicians and has become a jazz standard.
The first hit version was Bessie Smith's 1923 recording, which stayed on the charts for four weeks peaking at No. 6

thank-you for posting the history of the tune. Very interesting. I can see why it became a standard. Yet you made it sound modern with the tastefully done mix, vocals, bass, & guitar too.
Way to go!
Best,
Chad

Chad
User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Birchwood
I can recall the original song, or at least a very old recording of this song.
I can, because I liked it back then. My father enjoyed all these Jazzy/Bluessy songs and played the records a lot.
So, in a way I was brainwashed as a child.

And now the song as played by you. I must start with Janice. she sings heavenly, exactly how Tom described it: her "world class vocals slide around the notes and allow the tear in her voice to caress the melody" (and I learned some more words...).
I also enjoy how Bud plays the acoustic baas. Is this the double bass, or in Dutch: Contrabas? Or an acoustic bass guitar? I couldn't hear so well which one it is.
And of course Peter on the guitar. Well he know's how to play all these genres. So the whole performance was lovely to listen to (of course...).

Hans

Thanks Hans

Peter

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Another great song and I'm always increasingly impressed by Janice's vocals.

Some favourite Waoist Adages:
#1: Play on the Way.
#17: Ask not for whom the flower blooms, it blooms for you.
#69: Bring consciousness to it.
#74: On the road to effortlessness, effort must be made.
#105: Be Love Now, the rest will come on its own.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
As others have already said: everything sounds great, from the guitar, bass tucked under everything thing, Janice's vocals the intertwine through the lyrics, and the clear mix.

The guitar is... well, perfect. Everything just fits.

It's especially fun to hear Janice switch from a languid phrasing to rhythmically hitting the beats. Fun! smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Good as it gets.

A lovely opening. Peter at his most musical best.

Janice. Perfection.

A "just right" Band.
A sweet mix.

The level of quality in this Showcase is amazing! (and growing every year).

Rated - a BIG Wow.

fj

Appreciate the comments floyd.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
P, J & B...super track....Janice is in her wheelhouse on this one...Peter, your lead is like butter...smooth and tasteful....I like the way the piano lays in the back and gives a great foundation for the tasty vocal and guitar work...great job guys!

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Everything I was thinking has already been said - much better than I would have expressed it.

You folks make some wonderful music - perfect example here. P & B - you fellas did a great job. But J's vocal gave all that talent you gentlemen have a terrific polish.

Simply great music!

Alan

Thank you Al! That is much appreciated.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wonderful. I needed this, this morning ... a laid-back song, sung outta the proverbial park by our own stellar interpreter, Janice. When she is at this level (I am yet to hear a song of hers in which she isn't), she is very close to unbeatable. Feeling, impeccable vocal technique ... nothing more to ask for. I'm sorry, Peter and Bud ... your contributions were understated and stellar in their own right, but my ears were glued to Janice's voice, this time smile Mission accomplished, lady and gentlemen ... Bessie Smith would have been proud.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by rayc
A wondrous thing. The bass is fab...ab fab but everything in this is.
The BIAB contributions are on point, he guitar licks lick and bite, the bass marks the progression and the vocal - oh yeah.

Thank you Ray. And Bud much appreciated the supportive bass comments.

J&B

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Simply great music!

Alan

Thanks Alan.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I was expecting a fantastic listening experience, and I wasn't disappointed.

Heartfelt vocal performance that was technically spot on. Guitar work sounds like a professional session player. Who was that masked man behind the bass?

Great cover!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,770
Posts749,018
Members38,872
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
mariabooth48, Karim Buzdar, nykiaspradley5@gma, stephanieadlam, danielito
38,875 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 142