Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
hey congrats on the new album today! Wow!
I watched the YT video. Great little storyline and nice licks responding to the vocal parts. Good choice of pixabay/pexel images......the soccer goal was funny.

Chad
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty, you and Dave go together like chocolate and peanut butter!
Fantastic rock blues.
Marty your vocal was superb as was your bass.
Dave's licks were frosting on the cake - excellent chops and tone.
IMHO this is your best to date.

Inflation is so bad that CEOs are now playing miniature golf!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Super blues groove on this! Nice lyrics and catchy hook, too. Love the twists on the traditional blues progression. Bass and guitar lines are very fine and drive the music, as they should. BiaB parts sound great and the whole song is well mixed. Another hit! Best of luck with your album!! Ron
Thanks, Ron. Love the Blues, and I always fiddle with the progressions. I used to have 8 followers on Spotify; only one listens. I just put albums out there so maybe I'll stop mixing them. wink

Originally Posted by rayc
Marty,
very cool vocal on a very cool song with an excellent narrative/word twist.

Dave did a fabulous job as usual.
A really well constructed and mix recording too.

There's seems to be a tiny bass hesitation, or so it seems to me, at 0.49. I noticed it becasue i always listen closely to your bass playing & tone - so I can steall an idea or seven.
Thanks, Ray. Seems there are a lot of hesitations in the bass line --you're not talking about the desingned ones, but I can't catch the one to which you refer. It's cool that you listen to learn because I have learned SO much from you.

Originally Posted by Dewey_MI
You're quite a prolific writer, Marty! As I've said before, your voice and lyrics fit this genre to a tee. Good luck with your album!

Dewey
Thank you, Dewey. Posting albums is just my way of cleaning out the studio. smile

Originally Posted by firesong
Marty...man you're back in your wheelhouse...you and Dave are certainly blues masters....there is a signature sound from this one that is totally the "blues brothers" of this forum...great vocal performance also...you've put together a killer album from what I've heard on the forum...you should be able to tell from the comments how appreciated you and your music are...be prolific and keep'em coming....that's one of my writing mottos "I may not be good at this but I'm prolific"...you seem to be both!
WOW, thanks, Dan. That is very kind of you. One thing you must do is take the word "not" out of your motto. It does NOT belong there. And to be grammatically correct, change the "but" to "and."

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I like the lyric hook and the extended metaphor. Clever guy you are. smile

Cool bridge that does what a bridge should. Love that melody. Good vocal.

Dave sounds ace as usual.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by ChadHC
hey congrats on the new album today! Wow!
I watched the YT video. Great little storyline and nice licks responding to the vocal parts. Good choice of pixabay/pexel images......the soccer goal was funny.
Thanks, Chad. Curating those royalty-free images is the longest, non-creative part. Yeah, those guys need a better goalie who can handle ricochets. smile

Originally Posted by MarioD
Marty, you and Dave go together like chocolate and peanut butter!
Fantastic rock blues.
Marty your vocal was superb as was your bass.
Dave's licks were frosting on the cake - excellent chops and tone.
IMHO this is your best to date.
Thanks, Mario. ...or even PB& J? Thanks so much for all you do, Mario.

Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
I like the lyric hook and the extended metaphor. Clever guy you are. smile

Cool bridge that does what a bridge should. Love that melody. Good vocal.

Dave sounds ace as usual.
Thank you, Scott, I like that "...what a bridge should." Right? The bridge is just another version of the same song.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Blues at its finest. You and Dave sure complement each other. Cool walking basslines and awesome guitar licks. Super vocal and lyric. Perfect mix..

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is nice and slinky, Marty and Dave. Janice said she felt like she was flowing down that twisty road in the video. 😊

That’s a cool lyric and we love the change up in the last verse of who is driving who out of their minds. Also,
the opening line’s “…but now I know I don't know” phrase is one that we often think about in situations.

Excellent mix and and vocal/instrumental performances by you both.
Fine stinging solo by Dave!

And those video clips are nailed for the lyric.
Plus there is a bike smile

Enjoyed it!

J&B

User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
"You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind"
I love this lyric. A new twist on an old saying.

Gayle Snyder
Shares recording studio with the incredible David Snyder
https://gaylesnyder.hearnow.com/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The opening guitar sounded like Dave, and... yep, that's him all right.

It's blues, so you'll get no complaint from me. smile

Nice arrangement. I noticed the bass, so I checked the credits, and... yep, that's you.

Good stuff!

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Scott C
Blues at its finest. You and Dave sure complement each other. Cool walking basslines and awesome guitar licks. Super vocal and lyric. Perfect mix..
Thank you so much, Scott.

Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
This is nice and slinky, Marty and Dave. Janice said she felt like she was flowing down that twisty road in the video. 😊

That’s a cool lyric and we love the change up in the last verse of who is driving who out of their minds. Also,
the opening line’s “…but now I know I don't know” phrase is one that we often think about in situations.

Excellent mix and and vocal/instrumental performances by you both.
Fine stinging solo by Dave!

And those video clips are nailed for the lyric.
Plus there is a bike smile

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Wonderful comment you guys. I especially love that last line: Plus there is a bike smile

Originally Posted by GayleS
"You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind"
I love this lyric. A new twist on an old saying.
Thanks, Gayle. From the singer's pov the last line is what counts. Hey, I'm diggin' your Christmas album. Tried to play it for our granddaughter, but she only has time for Tay-Tay. I see your husband was touched by the tour, and now I'm off to hear his take.

Originally Posted by dcuny
The opening guitar sounded like Dave, and... yep, that's him all right.

It's blues, so you'll get no complaint from me. smile

Nice arrangement. I noticed the bass, so I checked the credits, and... yep, that's you.

Good stuff!
Thanks, David. Oh, yeah, that's Dave. Man, you should hear how lacking these songs are without his touch. Yep, even makes me play better.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Clever title, seemingly having something wrong, but then the insight burst into my mind. And the title is also handled successfully: "You seem to have a new license for driving me out of your mind". Nice bluesy mood to support the idea of being somehow lost in a relationship. Enjoyed the arrangement, interesting chord progression in the bridge, Dave's guitar and the voice expressing the sorrowful situation, no-one else can do it better than Marty.

Yep, your great new album is now driving me through the Friday night.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,686
Posts748,096
Members38,855
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico, vantuir
38,855 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 202