Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
RealBand
stratos Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks for all the help .
Actually I have Valhalla (maybe 64?)demo, so Ill try that tommorrow (europe time)

RealBand
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
stratos...

1...fyi...in a previous life lol...i recorded in studios with very high end outboard reverbs etc etc. am.i correct that you might be intetested in libraries of impulse responses ir's re the old verbs etc etc ??
if so there are lots of free ir libs on the net...just google...
'name of verb outboard and free ir's'...but maybe you know this.
on gearspace.com are various threads on ir's.

2...i have started a thread in tips forum re verbs that work in 64 bit hosts like rb....
so far no probs in rb.
when i download a plugin might have various options...i make sure i select the win vst 64 bit ...version.
which as ive had no problems in rb..leads me to ask what plugins arent working for you in rb ?? just lexi ?? any other plugins youve tried with problems instantiating in rb 64 ??
could it be a ilok situation ?? once again gearspace hss various threads on iloks.
the only other things i can think of assuming you are installing plugins that are vst 64 bit host capable eg for rb are maybe some other apps are consuming pc resources.

it would help to know what brand and model of pc you are useing for music production..cos im baffled why so far any plugin ive tried in rb has worked. mind you i dont use jbridge so as to use older vst 32 plugins.
assuming you have jbridge...do any vst 32 plugins work in rb 64 ??

i dunno how much the above helps you.
i WILL make one suggestion to try out AIRWINDOW plugins in rb 64..
eg verbity 2 if not done so far. in fact all the verbs so far have impressed me. also all low pc resources.

here is the testing thread ie verbs and rb 64.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=813558#Post813558

ps..im trying to get a complete idea of your pc...is the pc on the net ??

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/13/24 12:44 PM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I got the lexicon mpx-i vst free whe i brought a presonus interface. i think it might now be a freebie available from the following site

https://lexiconpro.com/MPX-i/register?locale=en-US

it has some lovely presets and the vocal plate is now my go-to plugin for vocals

EDIT - sorry just looked aain and the page i sent you needs a code entered so its not free - but its a great plugin.........

Last edited by Bob Calver; 06/13/24 02:14 PM.
RealBand
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Bob.

thanks ill check it out anyway...used lexi in studios....and other big name outboard in the past....but the dsp programming of the freebie plugins is getting sooo good these days...lots of talented dsp programmers. the freebie plugins are often rivalling the paid ones.
and ir's of old gear are good also often.

do yourself a favor and read up on the net user reviews on free airwindows plugins...also you tube demos. Very low footprint ...simple controls but lots to like. see comments on gearspace.com ..

ill say one thing...i dunno why some people 'c**p'' over rb.
it baffles me...
long before this thread started. im wondering if people have rb set up properly and/or the plugin. as there are many versions of some plugs ya gotta be carefull picking the right vst version...

also id like a buck...lol...for every time ive helped someone who was cursing at their daw cos a certain plug in wasnt working....then i look at their rig and find theyre trying to run a fancy shmancy plugin needing lots of pc cpu and other resources on grannys old clunky pc that has terrible slow cpu speed . sorts like trying to fit 50 people in a car...lol....so the old clunky pc cant handle the workload.
of course then the daw gets slammed instead of the real culprit....the old pc.

any music app ya gotta put in some graft and use the right pc instead of some clunker,...hence why another tip in tips forum re useing the right pc for music production.in hope it helps people.
theres no excuse for useing an old clunker as new pc's are cheap these days eg my new ryzen pc. And i saw other day a beast of a off lease hp xeon pc
includeing 64 gigs ram for a few hundred bucks.these are used in big studios.

fyi every carefully selected single vst for 64 bit daw hosts ive tried is working great in rb.
so i started a series of tips in tips forum re nice reverb plugins to try n help rb users. gonna add to it over time mate with other fx and instruments etc.

happenis

om 🇨🇦🇨🇦 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/14/24 07:40 AM.

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
RealBand
stratos Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi all.
Just to be clear:
I cant come into the 64 dx on RB, no matter what program !
It says problem running G: \Realband\ DX plug64
So its not about the plug ins

Last edited by stratos; 06/14/24 02:27 PM.
RealBand
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
stratos.

im confused now.

are you saying you cant load a dx plugin in rb ??
do the native pg dx p!ugins like pg reverb load ok via the plugin
dialog ?

OR are you trying to load a non pg dx p!ugin ?...if so what is it ??

or is this a vst plugin your trying to plug in.??

this week i have tested many plugins that are vst that work in 64 bit
hosts like rb.....all worked...see the ones i tested in rb in the tips forum.

lets take this one step at a time...cos im confused...as follows...

1..if your trying to load a dx plugin...tell me if the pg echo chorus works....it works here....HOWEVER....

2...if your trying to load a 64 bit vst...try one of the ones i know works in rb of the many in my tips thread...eg oldskoolverb.

tell me if you have any probs with either or both of 1 and 2...above.

if you DO it means we will have to look at your pc cos dx p!ugins and
64 bit vst's work here.

please report back....also i still need to know the make and model of your pc..
and also why g directory ??...what does this mean ??
when you set up bb ...how did you install ??
i personally just hang the pg ultrapak off usb and do a minimal install to c drive.
how did you install the pg apps and content. ??
note from the forums ive seen some probs occur if non standard installs.
do yku have the shipped pg hard drive ? or not ??

get back to me..

happiness..

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/14/24 03:08 PM.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Are the other programs looking for G: \Realband\ DX plug64 in the correct location?

Or did the G: drive change letters or something?

I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Make your sound your own!
RealBand
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
rharv...thanks for stepping in.

spot on thats what i was trying to figure out...why g ??
drive letter change ??...mucked up things ??

STRATOS...IMPORTANT.

GO TO RB PREFERENCES UNDER SONG GENERATION TAB PATHS WHAT DRIVE LETTER SHOWS ?? G ??
please post back....the drive letter.

see if you agree on this as that dxplug64 is i figured out a pg app...
right ?? maybe on install things were not installed properly..?

i always do a minimal installt to c drive and hang the ultrapak off
usb direct...works a charm.

stratos when you frst installed pg apps and content do your remember the drive
letter you pointed at to use ??

keep rocking

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/14/24 03:41 PM.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I've been following this thread and see one point of confusion concerning 64 bit plugins. Not all 64 bit plugins are the same. DX and VST plugins are not interchangeable. The DX plugin and VST plugin specifications were developed by two well known software companies, Microsoft and Steinburg.

DX is a Microsoft specification more commonly known as Direct X. Direct X was first developed to support audio and video in games, not the audio community. Very few DX audio only plugins have been developed and no DX plugins have been recently developed as far as I'm aware. Few music application developers support the DX plugin specification; but PG Music does.

Steinburg developed the VST plugin specification. The VST plugin specification was widely accepted in the audio community and is supported in most music applications. PG Music products support VST2 but not VST3.

Because PG Music products support both DX and VST2 specifications it is easy to treat them as interchangeable.

But when troubleshooting a DX issue the first thing I would look for is what DX versions are available. If your PC doesn't have the right version of DirectX installed your application might not work properly. PG Music support should be able to tell you what DX version you need.

+++ HERE +++ is a Microsoft Support link that details how to find what version of Direct X your operating system has access to.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1113) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
RealBand
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
jim...

excellent points but upthread i think he said he had run dxdiag ?

if one does deep dives on the net one will see this whole issue
relates to a user trying to run old 32 bit plugins on new windows 64 bit. rb isnt alone in this...see comments on the net re same prob on other daws.
eg dx.
for above reasons i dont bother running old plugins that are 32 bit.

regarding o!d 32 bit dx plugins there is a possibility to run old dx plugins on 64 bit if one googles craig anderton xlutop utility.
but ive never tried it.

its all a plot to make us all rebuy plugins...lol.

happiness and respect.

om 🇨🇦🇨🇦 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/15/24 04:17 AM.

RealBand
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
stratos...

i see no dx version of the lexi on lexi products page or o!der dx version anywhere.

so please tell us all how old your lexi plugin is and its product identifier
as there are various lexi products.

all i see on the lexi site is lexicon vst and no dx version so i remain baffled until you provide info about your lexi product version and product identifier.

is your lexi p!ugin actually vst ???

i notice also various companies offer lexi plugins...eg uaudio.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/15/24 08:50 AM.

RealBand
stratos Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Muso: As I wrote. It has nothing to do with Lex. It just dont open the menu to any 64 dxi effects at all , it closes immidiately.
The 32 is no problem.
Thanks for all the suggestion. A lot to go through :-)

RealBand
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
stratos which plug in are you trying to load...
i'll test it here if its a trial where i dont have to state loads of personal info.

WHAT PLUGIN ??

ALSO IN RB PREFERENCES IN SONG GENERATION TAB YOU DIDNT TELL ME
WHAT DRIVE LETTER SHOWS !! G ?? OR SOMETHING ELSE...
thanks.

best

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/15/24 02:39 PM.

RealBand
stratos Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Yes G drive to all
In RB "audio effect menu" I tried to open 64bit/VST/DirectX audio plugins
It opens in 2 sec and no plugins at all shows, window then close down with error message

I then opened RB menu window, found VST/DX plugins configuration where I scanned and loaded <VST> MPXNativeReverb into the
window with 3 effect options

After that when I try 64bit/VST/DirectX audio plugins , still nothing shows

I have a DXdiag text file, but cant attach it here

Last edited by stratos; 06/17/24 04:42 AM.
RealBand
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
stratos...

lets take this one carefull step at a time...cos i have to diagnose whats happening there..
so bear with me....ie patience please...dx test first then vst.

A...pg dx fx test.

1..right click over a track for looong menu and go to audio effects...do you see a long menu of fx ??
if so ...
2...import some audio on an rb track....eg track 19....you see waveform right ?
if so...
3...click on fx button for track 19...and directx/vst plugin window pops up ...right ??
if so...
4...go to the first slot that says none...and click on it...
DOES A LIST OF ALL PG PLUGINS APPEAR ??...AND DO YOU SEE AT BOTTOM ADD
VST PLUGIN ??...
if so...
5...what fx items are listed in the menu ??...detail them for me...what plugins are listed ??

get back to me.

ps since you have installed rb have you moved any directories around ?
note...every single dx and vst plugin ive tested this week has come up first time in rb....not one problem....and ive tested many.

best

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/17/24 08:12 AM.

RealBand
stratos Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi Muso and All
Thanks for every suggestions. You are the best.
I found a way to overcome the problem:
I now go to "VST/DX plugins configuration" and load <VST> MPXNativeReverb into the window with the 3 effect options.
Now I can get to the Lexicon sound via FX ( blue icon). So instead of record reverb to the track imidiately, I now render and merge the audio and vst/dxi track to a wave file.
Voila . Im happy !

Last edited by stratos; 06/18/24 01:48 AM. Reason: solved
RealBand
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
stratos.

thanks.

i just want to clarify...your librsry of plugins.

when you click on the fx button on a track...and the dx vst window pops up ...and you click on none...post back a pic or list your plugins...
and tell me if...at bottom of the plugin list you see add vst plugin ??

i think we had a bit of miscommunication as we are in different countries...btw years back i was in vocal music group exchanges and we went all over europe. denmark is lovely.

i wasnt aware how you wanted to work with mpx...

heres some added tips....

1..there are some wonderfull free alternatives to paid verbs..
see my rb verbs tips in tips forum....for exampld verbs that have small size dll'x and dont grab lots of pc resources.
2..i dont use products with iloks because its just another thing to worry about and maintain...i dont want the headaches...also i dont like be. controlled in this fashion. if you notice pg product security isnt invasive...pg keep it simple...and fair to the user...while at the same time protecting themselves...without making the use of iloks. a reason why i got into pg apps years ago.
3...do youself a favor and go thru the kvr audio database of free plugins...many have won awards...also visit musicradar.com and learn about the 80 plugins.
4...read up onrevdrb and othdr ir's which emulate the old outboard units.
5...dont necessarily buy a plugin because the marketing blurb say gold or p!atinum hit xyz was done with this. cos there are many reasons why a song goes
big in the world....includeing inventiveness of the studio engineers.
you should be able to do a hit song usring just pg plugins if used in crafty and carefull ways....all the songs in my sig used only pg plugins and ive had no complaints...only likes from normal music listeners.

just trying to save you money mate.
give my love to denmark...i had fun there...

happinexx.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/18/24 03:27 AM.

RealBand
stratos Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi Muso
Thanks for all tips. I´ll get to them.
For now Im quite satisfied with my Mplex solution in RB.
Thanks for the kind words of Denmark. We love our country for all the good things, too
Best to you
Stratos

Last edited by stratos; 06/24/24 02:51 AM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,685
Posts748,094
Members38,855
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico, vantuir
38,855 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 203