Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by justanoldmuso

mario/all...please understand i'm not trying to be a 'A' or idiot and have no desire to upset any user.

om

om, I am not upset and I hope that I didn't upset you. We are just two people with different ideas about the future of BiaB. We both want PGM to succeed, just in different ways.

Peace

Inflation is so bad that CEOs are now playing miniature golf!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Mario.

no prob at all. we both want pg to be successfull.
and i do agree attention should be given to various bb 'quirks' lets say plus how to make things easy for new users.
a challenge imho for any music app developer offering a ton of features.

the big challenge imho for pg is as more session muso content is added every year how to make things easy for users to get their desired results without a ton of searching.

its sort of like one goes to the library.
how does one find quickly what one wants without going through lots of bookshelves ?
i'm not sure if i have a good answer.
therein lies a conundrum.
eg 10 years time when the pg content 'library' is massive even with the best indexing systems.

maybe other users posting in this poll thread might comment on this conundrum and possible solutions assuming our pc's (and apples) are oodles faster than today with bus architectures and processors that can process at the speed of light...lol.
its a big software challenge imho.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 09/01/24 05:12 AM.

my songs....mixed for good earbuds...(fyi..my vocs on all songs..)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs
(90 songs created useing bb/rb.)
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Me? I'm with Mario. I'd like BiaB to be nothing more than an auto-accompaniment/melodist/soloist app.

Improve intros, endings, chord inversions and other base functions for auto accompaniment.

Then leave notation, editing, and all other DAW functions in Real Band.

But that's just me.

Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
C
Expert
Expert
C
I'm glad to see that most of the participants of this thread would prefer Pg Music to improve/fix/finish existing features rather than introduce 50 new ones.

BIAB 2024, latest build.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Cerio
I'm glad to see that most of the participants of this thread would prefer Pg Music to improve/fix/finish existing features rather than introduce 50 new ones.
I no longer feel like the outcast voice in the wilderness.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
C
Expert
Expert
C
Originally Posted by Matt Finley

Yes, some of us have been asking this for years, it's just plain common sense. But for some reason, it wasn't exactly a popular opinion here a few years ago.

BIAB 2024, latest build.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
"But for some reason, it wasn't exactly a popular opinion here a few years ago."

That is quite understandable. We didn't have enough core features like 64bit, more tracks, partial regeneration, chord track, unified librarian and a few other big ones. Now time is perfect to make it all work without hiccups. Focusing on known issues and gaps in workflow. User experience.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
"...We didn't have enough core features like 64bit, more tracks, partial regeneration, chord track, unified librarian and a few other big ones. Now time is perfect to make it all work without hiccups. Focusing on known issues and gaps in workflow. User experience.
That's a sensible and positive way to look at this request.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I personally believe that originally you were misunderstood. I think that there was a knee-jerk reaction before some folk truly reasoned with the actual intention.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
I think this community has changed quite a bit since I joined 12 or so years ago. I recall a time when suggestions here would often elicit very defensive responses. Currently it seems as though most of us here are now on the same page with wanting features to be functioning as planned/advertised instead of adding new ones.

Rustyspoon makes an excellent point that most of our big needs/wants have been addressed (even if they still need work!)

But, even though we have 11 pages on this thread and an almost unanimous preference for #2, I wonder if PGM will take this into consideration? I'm sure they depend on the end of year sales and I'm pretty sure they feel the whole 50-New-Features thing is a key part of getting those sales. Plus, I have to remind myself that those of us active in the forum are probably a minuscule percentage of sales here.

With that all said I have already planned to withdraw (from my kids' inheritance) enough money to upgrade and buy all of the new stuff in December!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by JohnJohnJohn
.., But, even though we have 11 pages on this thread..,!
in case you would like to change that 11 to 3 like I have, you can go into your Forum Preferences. The default posts per page is 20 but it can be larger. This would only be a factor if you were to refer to some post on your page 9, for example, that wouldn’t match up with me. FYI.

Off-Topic
C
Expert
Expert
C
I recall a time when suggestions here would often elicit very defensive responses.

This.

But, even though we have 11 pages on this thread and an almost unanimous preference for #2, I wonder if PGM will take this into consideration? I'm sure they depend on the end of year sales and I'm pretty sure they feel the whole 50-New-Features thing is a key part of getting those sales. Plus, I have to remind myself that those of us active in the forum are probably a minuscule percentage of sales here.

... And this too.

Last edited by Cerio; 09/02/24 09:45 PM.

BIAB 2024, latest build.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
If any app becomes static, it dies. New features are the eye candy that makes users think, "Hmmm... ok, I'll update this year."

OTOH

Improve intros, endings, chord inversions and other base functions for auto accompaniment.

I would like to hear descending bass notes take the flatted 7th when they're supposed to such as in the Dominant7 chord. Ok, easy to correct in any DAW but why should we have to?

Apple Silicon native is a few years overdue.

Indeed. We may make a lot of noise but we are a micro-fraction of the customer base.

BIAB 2024 Audiophile, 24Core/60CoreGPU Core M2 MacStudioUltra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer11, LogicPro
Finale27/Dorico/Encore/SmartScorePro64/Notion/Overture
Off-Topic
C
Expert
Expert
C
On the other hand, improving or redesigning existing features can be seen (and marketed) as new features, software companies do this all the time. For example, the new multipicker window, introduced as one of the biggest selling points for 2024, didn't actually introduce anything new, but, IMO, was one of the best additions of the last years. Same could be said if PG music decides to replace the current, inefficient, search method with a modern search algorithm for 2025.

Last edited by Cerio; 09/03/24 12:32 PM.

BIAB 2024, latest build.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Without new features there would be no tracks screen, cut time notation or MultiPicker.

About a month before a new release was due someone would start a thread for forum members to guess what features would be in the new release. It was fun to guess just like its fun to guess what a gift is. New features sell.

Having said all that, I vote for selection # 2, a more stable and reliable main program.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1113) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Mike Halloran
…We may make a lot of noise but we are a micro-fraction of the customer base.
I’m sure you are correct. I hope you are correct. But do you have any actual numbers?

The only number I can see is 38,843 users are registered on the forum. However, you can sort and quickly learn many of these are one-and-done posters. Many of those posts are quite old. Also, people whom we know are no longer with us are still listed in the forum user list. I have never seen any figure that would tell me how large the total user base is. The amount of business the company does cannot really tell us, either. Just curious.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
"But do you have any actual numbers?"
Do we need actual numbers?

I think forum's group + unbiased discussion elsewhere on internet is fairly representative of direction people want BIAB to take. In my view, there are two main categories:
Casual users citing: Complexity & GUI
Seasoned users: Known bugs, missing items of existing features, and gaps in workflow.

I am confident that if yearly update will focus around these issues it will make a lot of people happy.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
We do not need actual numbers for the purpose of this thread or any other purpose. I asked because I know Mike has ample knowledge of software companies and there is a high probability he can substantiate his statement, which I think many of us here would find informative.

I think your classification of two types of users is probably accurate, too.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Mike Halloran
…We may make a lot of noise but we are a micro-fraction of the customer base.
I’m sure you are correct. I hope you are correct. But do you have any actual numbers?
The stats to the right of the fora suggest 38,842 members, though how many actually look here is another matter and indeed also how many are duplicates. Many fewer post.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11
BIAB2024 Audiophile, a bunch of other software.
Kawai MP6, Ui24R, Focusrite Saffire Pro40 and Scarletts
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Gordon Scott
The stats to the right of the fora suggest 38,842 members, though how many actually look here is another matter and indeed also how many are duplicates. Many fewer post.
Yes, I addressed that above.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,758
Posts748,870
Members38,873
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
burny7777, Sarah, annaclara58427, ELDebansky, Chief O’ Stuff
38,873 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 160