Page 2 of 2 1 2
dcuny #811589 05/27/24 04:26 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Scott.

As others said, if this is a disappointment, you have a heck of an imagination!

Your voice reminds me a bit of Neil Diamond, which is good.

I like how you balanced fast and slow, open and busy. Nice arrangement, too.
David, thanks. The song didn't come out the way I wanted it too. But I suppose that happens often.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by musician17
Hit me from the first note, this did. It's a superb, quite incredible song.

"I wouldn’t ask you to wait for me
Or look for a sign from above
Keep your memories under lock and key
But don’t forget that we once loved"

Wow.

Perhaps the best compliment I can give you ( in lieu of an "in-depth" analysis) is that I've got a massive cold and headache, I'm tired and grumpy and all over the place, and yet this song got me out of this exhausted mood I'm in, and kept me listening, note for note, until the very end.

Your voice sounds great to me, too. It's a superb song. Well done.
Musician 17, wow. I appreciate the positive note. I glad to hear the song lifted your spirits a bit.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Another classic with 70's feel and lots of creativity.
Cool piano breaks give time to breathe, actually, that piano sounds really great. And that cello in the bridge is powerful... what an interesting chord progression, maybe little Cranberries there...
I enjoyed the vocals, reminded me of David Bowie. And when you sing the vivid imagery in the story, I can truly feel the mountains, high tides and "foggy outdoor slumber". "I sank to my knees/I can't go back" wow.
You certainly have a very unique style which is always pleasure to listen to.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Scott I think this was an awesome vocal and lyric. So much emotion in your vocal. Loved the instrumentation choices. Really well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Scott,

Well done all the way around. Love the lines 'Keep your memories under lock and key But don’t forget that we once loved'!

Dewey

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Scott,

Man this sounds really cool, and I don't want to sound too dated but it's because I have a huge vinyl collection and I collect vinyl and I like listening to old stuff the way other people go to the library.

This kind of reminds me of some of the very earliest Elton John albums with Bernie Taupin before he really became a thing. There's this album called Friends that comes from a movie soundtrack by the same name and it's actually one of my favorites before he became too commercial.

It's got that same gentle, epic but poetic tinge to it.

Nice!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
We could see this on all album of “lost” Don Henley tracks.
The lyric is great and these lines are special:

“Keep your memories under lock and key
But don’t forget that we once loved”

The Wrecking Crew is outstanding and presented in an excellent open mix full of dynamics.
Great engaging arrangement too.

That is one very soulful vocal and we are happy with it! smile

Excellent,

J&B

PS: We had to go and listen to the Cranberries song smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You didn't like your voice? I think it sounds great and in fact I wish that I had a voice like that!
Excellent dynamics
Great vocal and lyrics
Super mix

Inflation is so bad that CEOs are now playing miniature golf!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Ezekiel,

Wow, love the opening to this . . . that piano really resonates. And when it gets to that chorus . . . what a rich deep and emotional sound . . . your vocal sits right there . . . and then it quiets down . . . lovely production choices on this. Powerful emotionally . . . you nail the vocal in the chorus . . . compelling.

Impressive tune . . . well done!!

Deej

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very cool song & intro too.
Your vocal, during the sparse parts, stands fairly naked and seems to have a different reverb or room that causes a tiny disconnect with the song...this was less so in the 2nd sparser section - you also sound more confident.
Lovely song, fab band and a very cool melody.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Greg Johnson
So well done!! Powerful emotional ballad!! The bass and piano sound incredibly rich together! Some great lines and excellent production and mix!! So good!!! Take care. Greg
Good to hear from you, Greg!. Thanks for the comments and the listen.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by jannesan
Another classic with 70's feel and lots of creativity.
Cool piano breaks give time to breathe, actually, that piano sounds really great. And that cello in the bridge is powerful... what an interesting chord progression, maybe little Cranberries there...
I enjoyed the vocals, reminded me of David Bowie. And when you sing the vivid imagery in the story, I can truly feel the mountains, high tides and "foggy outdoor slumber". "I sank to my knees/I can't go back" wow.
You certainly have a very unique style which is always pleasure to listen to.

Janne
Janne, thanks and I'm glad you enjoyed the imagery

Originally Posted by Scott C
Scott I think this was an awesome vocal and lyric. So much emotion in your vocal. Loved the instrumentation choices. Really well done
Scott, thank you sir!

Originally Posted by Dewey_MI
Scott,

Well done all the way around. Love the lines 'Keep your memories under lock and key But don’t forget that we once loved'!

Dewey
Thanks, Dewey. I must unhumbly admit that that is my favorite line too.

Originally Posted by David Snyder
Scott,

Man this sounds really cool, and I don't want to sound too dated but it's because I have a huge vinyl collection and I collect vinyl and I like listening to old stuff the way other people go to the library.

This kind of reminds me of some of the very earliest Elton John albums with Bernie Taupin before he really became a thing. There's this album called Friends that comes from a movie soundtrack by the same name and it's actually one of my favorites before he became too commercial.

It's got that same gentle, epic but poetic tinge to it.

Nice!!

David, that is high praise. Thanks. I have some crate of my vinyl, but I don't have much time to listen to them. Maybe when I retire. For now, it's just Spotify and YouTube.

rayc #812695 06/06/24 05:01 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
We could see this on all album of “lost” Don Henley tracks.
The lyric is great and these lines are special:

“Keep your memories under lock and key
But don’t forget that we once loved”

The Wrecking Crew is outstanding and presented in an excellent open mix full of dynamics.
Great engaging arrangement too.

That is one very soulful vocal and we are happy with it! smile

Excellent,

J&B

PS: We had to go and listen to the Cranberries song smile
J&B, I appreciate your kind words. I hope you enjoyed re-listening to my favorite Cranberries' song.

Originally Posted by MarioD
You didn't like your voice? I think it sounds great and in fact I wish that I had a voice like that!
Excellent dynamics
Great vocal and lyrics
Super mix
Thanks, Mario. Nope, I don't like the way I sound.

Originally Posted by Deej56
Ezekiel,

Wow, love the opening to this . . . that piano really resonates. And when it gets to that chorus . . . what a rich deep and emotional sound . . . your vocal sits right there . . . and then it quiets down . . . lovely production choices on this. Powerful emotionally . . . you nail the vocal in the chorus . . . compelling.

Impressive tune . . . well done!!

Deej
Deej, Thanks much. I been liking the sounds of the EZ Keys piano and will probably using more often.
Originally Posted by rayc
Very cool song & intro too.
Your vocal, during the sparse parts, stands fairly naked and seems to have a different reverb or room that causes a tiny disconnect with the song...this was less so in the 2nd sparser section - you also sound more confident.
Lovely song, fab band and a very cool melody.
Thanks, Ray. It's all recorded in the same room at the same time. I think part of the problem might be I was trying to use the automation in Studio One and haven't got the hang of it yet.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,686
Posts748,118
Members38,857
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Bob Shilling, nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico
38,856 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199