#811282 05/24/24 05:56 AM
Off-Topic
E
eddie1261
Unregistered
eddie1261
Unregistered
E
Since I don't play anymore and don't used RB for anything but voice recording, there's no real reason for me to visit these forums anymore. All it is for me is frustration reading how the newbies, wannabes and never-will-bees want to use software to do every aspect of songwriting rather than using that time to just learn how to play a damned instrument. So at the end of today I will be closing my forum account. Those who would like to stay in touch through email please DM me your email address so I am sure I have a good address for you in my contacts.

Last edited by eddie1261; 05/24/24 01:28 PM.
#811285 05/24/24 06:05 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Isn't it at the very least entertaining?

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
#811286 05/24/24 06:09 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Arriverdeci, Eddie. You will be missed.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
eddie.

i wish you the best.
i hope you stay and thank you for the opportunity on some vocs once.
it was lots of fun....

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 05/24/24 07:03 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
#811302 05/24/24 07:49 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Eddie.

I'll miss your curmudgeonly post and anecdotes.

Cheers on whatever your choice is.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
#811303 05/24/24 08:08 AM
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Eddie,
I’m sorry to hear that, and hope that you reconsider and come back to the forum. In any event, you will be missed and thank you for all your great help and contributions.

>rather than using that time to just learn how to play a damned instrument

My feeling is that all these music technologies are also educational. Sure you can press a button and hear a great studio musician playing RealTracks. But as you listen (in BiaB) , there’s also a notation/tab and on-screen guitar that shows you exactly what they are playing. Same reasoning applies to other things like drum stems, which you can mix yourself. Most people (including me) wouldn’t get a chance to learn how/why to mix drum stems, and they get to learn from doing, at their own pace, no pressure etc. I think it all adds up to a lot of fun and opportunities for musical education. Over the years there are some great, well known musicians that have told me that they used BiaB lots and it helped them learn to play, improvise and understand chords.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
#811307 05/24/24 08:48 AM
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Goodbye Eddie. See ya in a few weeks when you return here! laugh

Off-Topic
E
eddie1261
Unregistered
eddie1261
Unregistered
E
Originally Posted by JohnJohnJohn
Goodbye Eddie. See ya in a few weeks when you return here! laugh

LOL! Nah. Just like I didn't continue to see any of my (three) ex-wives after the divorce, this has become tedious for me to see so many people who want to claim to be musicians while not playing an instrument.

I drive like a maniac but I don't think that makes me a NASCAR racer...

#811326 05/24/24 10:40 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I will miss you, friend. Best wishes.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
E
eddie1261
Unregistered
eddie1261
Unregistered
E
Thank you Mr Gannon. I have been here what, 13 years now, and it has changed so much that I no longer really enjoy reading the forums.

Thanks for the great product you put out. I put out a CD that was about 85% Real Band backing tracks. I wrote, it played, I sang, and I think I sold a whopping 45 copies, though I never performed the music live to showcase it so I'll take 45!

It's just time to move on as life winds down. I am a month shy of 73, and though age is relative I am the only one who knows how my health is going, and if I get 5 more years I will consider myself lucky.

I am touched that you chose to post that thoughtful reply.

Last edited by eddie1261; 05/24/24 10:48 AM.
Off-Topic
E
eddie1261
Unregistered
eddie1261
Unregistered
E
Thanks Matt. It's not like I didn't enjoy the banter, the fun I had trolling people JUST to get a reaction, the knowledge I gained, and the relationships I had with many talented, intelligent people who were all so willing to help me figure out something when I was stuck. There was the dual interface issue when I tried to use 2 MOTU interfaces to split tracks, and Andrew figured out what was wrong and patched it, going so far as to remote in to my computer and look at it himself. NOBODY does that but PG. The collabs I did with Rog were a high note for me, but not as high as the friendship I forged with him.

It's just time to go and move on to other things.

#811345 05/24/24 01:54 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Eddie, you have always been entertaining, and definitely kept a few people on their toes. However, do note that you'll be missed.

Good luck with everything the future brings. I've enjoyed the ride...
Trev

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
#811349 05/24/24 03:52 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Good luck with all the forward adventures in life Eddie, I sure did enjoy reading your posts on here.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
#811350 05/24/24 04:45 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie, I hate to see you go! I will miss your almost always on target posts, most as you know, I agree with.

I hope whatever you do next you will greatly enjoy!

Peace my friend.

Inflation is so bad that CEOs are now playing miniature golf!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
#811360 05/24/24 10:17 PM
Off-Topic
K
Journeyman
Journeyman
K
Sorry to see you go, Eddie. Thank you for all the years of great commentary. You will certainly be missed.

Kajun Jeaux
Louisiana's BlackWater Studio

#811373 05/25/24 03:39 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
May your next chapters, whatever they may be, be filled with good music.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
#811376 05/25/24 05:13 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sorry to see you go Eddie. I grew up just a few miles from you and always looked forward to your comments.. I do respect how you feel as the years get on but know that you have a family here and we will always be here waiting for you to return.

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
#811380 05/25/24 07:30 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Take care Eddie. As we both understand that the time left is valuable, best go do what ever pleases you the most.

Times change, people change, music changes. I think in general the older we get the less tolerent we are of the changes.

About ten years ago I stopped flying airplanes because of age and health. My ability to play guitar has decreased to the point it is not very much fun any longer. So I get it, stuff we use to like to do is just not the same.

There is an issue to solve when we stop doing something we have spent countless hours doing. We need to find something new to replace it. For me, I find that to be damn difficult if not imposable. I have only been able to spend more time doing other things I have always liked.

For me the really fun stuff has always been flying, fishing, and music. Age and health have caused flying to stop, playing music has gotton to the point is is not very much fun, and I really don't know how many more trips out in the ocean I have left.

I still find some reasons to come to the P G Music forum. But in many ways the reasons have little to do with music. After a number of years here there are people here you get to know. Some of them produce interesting music, some have interesting things to say, some I just like, and a few just irritate me. Such is life in the digital world. It does give me some sense of being connected to the wider world.

I use to have a lot more friends to fish with but they got old and died just like my musical friends. Like the people who play music the fishing world has changed. Now we have "iron ships and wooden men". The new generation gets sea sick, can not get up that early, is fearfull of the dark, and has to get permission from their wife to go...lol Oh, they don't know much of anything, due to the fact fishing can not be done on a smart phone...

Well Eddie, you have my phone number. Call anytime you feel like it.

Cheers,

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
#811522 05/27/24 04:51 AM
Off-Topic
K
Apprentice
Apprentice
K
Bye Eddie, and good luck.

#811761 05/29/24 04:03 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Enjoy whatever's next, Eddie! Life's (literally) too short to invest in activities that don't provide joy. That being said, I always enjoyed your posts, and will certainly miss you. Very decent of you to let everyone know. Take care!!

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,686
Posts748,096
Members38,855
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico, vantuir
38,855 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 203