Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Off-Topic
D
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
D
New release just hit the market. I know there are some of us who have every NI Session Guitar Pack that was release. And after 10 years there are a boat load of these packages. But fact is, they all get used in my music. So while I prefer to wait a bit for the sales, I will likely get this one soon. Each new release gets certain workflow enhancements and this new one is no exception. There are already several "Reviews" on Youtube and all that I have seen are very favorable. This is a very popular series.

Final Tour - Not with a Bang but with a wimper! Ended.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Do you use them with biab midi guitar tracks?

biab2024(Mac) Latest Build
Mac OS Sonoma 14.5
Apple M2 pro 32GB Ram
Logic Pro 11
Off-Topic
D
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
D
Originally Posted by mrgeeze
Do you use them with biab midi guitar tracks?

The NI Session Guitarist series are "loops" which are engeniously triggered any midi content source. So yes you can used BIAB Guitar tracks but No, I do not use BIAB "midi guitar tracks". I do use BIAB midi in the form of the "Chord Chart Ouput as Block Midi". The chord changes do a very nice job of triggering the different loops in NISG.

Just to be clear, there are two modes of operation in any of the "Deluxe" versions of NISG. The loops I described above and a second mode which plays - note for note in a Melody Mode.

Again, this product has been out for almost 10 years now so there is a ton of info out there. This newest version is not really that much different than the past. But just like Piano Libraries, who can have two many guitar VIs? . grin

EDIT: Warning, I just remembered, BIAB does not support VST3 and if I recall correctly the new Kontact 7 is only VST3. Ya, I just confirmed none of the more recent NI Session Guitarists will work in BIAB. Only older VST2 versions and only in Kontakt 6
Dan

Last edited by DrDan; 05/25/24 12:10 PM.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
U can get UJAM Amber 2 until June 1 for $19 from Plugin Boutique with a code - AMBER19
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/64-Virtual-Instrument/10597-AMBER-2
The new interface (Ver 2 vs. ver 1) is really nice.
Once you understand how to use the keyboard it is simple. And all the UJAM products operate the same way.

Some very usable strum patterns....
Price of a big-city hamburger...

Last edited by floyd jane; 05/25/24 12:50 PM.
Off-Topic
D
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
D
Ya I got me some of that UJAM stuff too... grin
By the way, Amber 2 is: VST 2, VST 3, AAX and AU 2
ℹ️ VST 2, AAX and AU 2 supported on Intel Macs & Apple silicon Macs (Rosetta and native).
All plug-in formats are 64-bit only.

BIAB is not compatible with NI 7 which the modern Session Guitar requires. But I already said that. crazy

Off-Topic
S
Journeyman
Journeyman
S
Is this offer for AMBER2 an upgrade or first time buy?
I can't find it. Is it a local offer?
I can't find any where to put in the code.
The only offer I can see is 50% of list price (135.93EUR) which is 67.23EUR.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by shlind

It is for first time buyers.
(Original owners of Amber should get a $14 upgrade when they log in).

The code gets entered after you click the "buy" button. Your screen will show the $64 price until you enter the code on the purchase page (you can still back out - cancel - from there).

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
What you want to do is connect up Kontakt 7 VST3 in Element VST2 then save it as a group then it will load instantly without having to hook it all up each time.

Off-Topic
S
Journeyman
Journeyman
S
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Originally Posted by shlind

It is for first time buyers.
(Original owners of Amber should get a $14 upgrade when they log in).

The code gets entered after you click the "buy" button. Your screen will show the $64 price until you enter the code on the purchase page (you can still back out - cancel - from there).

Thanks, it worked fine.

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
U can get UJAM Amber 2 until June 1 for $19 from Plugin Boutique with a code - AMBER19
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/64-Virtual-Instrument/10597-AMBER-2
Once you understand how to use the keyboard it is simple. And all the UJAM products operate the same way.

How many strum patterns are there? And are they significantly different from each other? Thanks!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Thanx Floyd, I missed this one. I have their Silk and it is great. I just ordered Amber 2.

Inflation is so bad that CEOs are now playing miniature golf!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
These virtual instruments that just follow the midi keyboard input or the Biab midi chord track is the same way a Biab Live Arranger could work, it will just be using all the instrument's source files in the chosen style rather than just one virtual instrument source files. We already have all these virtual instruments right there in the RealTracks and Drums folders, I can go and convert them all to a virtual instrument now the same as NI or UJAM as they are just recorded phrases of actual playing, BUT why can't PG just do this so we don't need to keep buying all these VI's ?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by JohnJohnJohn

How many strum patterns are there? And are they significantly different from each other? Thanks!

I'll explain briefly, best I can...

There are 30 "styles" - strumming patterns (some basic picking patterns, too, but mostly strumming - some of which is very subtle).
The octave of keys in the middle (see interface) are all variations on the style. The first (C) key is always pretty simple (and useful), then the next 10 keys are increasingly more complex (not overly "complex"...just more going on). (the 12th key is Stop).
You can bounce between those keys and get a Very realistic performance. The top part of the key allows you to drag the pattern to your DAW. So you can "build" those switches (if you don't want to record them live - also pretty easy).
You can "latch" a note "on" then QUICKLY walk through the styles (arrow button - almost instant changes) and try out each of the style keys (variations).
Often the 2nd key is immediately more "complex" than key 1 (C) and the next few keys will be very similar. Then keys 7,8,9,10 will be more complex than the early ones and each similar to the others around it. Sometimes by the time you get from key 1 to key 11 it is significantly different.
If you look at the interface, the 2 octaves at the left are Common Phrases. These stay the same through all styles. So once you know them, they are always available (you can actually build decent tracks with just those common phrases.
The 2 octaves to the right are Chords. If you set the key, you can play most things with a single key.

The presets at the top are a combination of a style and a guitar set-up - a nice way to experience a LOT of different sounds for the guitar. And you can walk through those really fast, too. There are about 300 of those...and try each of the key variations....

I think almost ALL of the strum patterns are useful.

$19.

No-brainer, I think.
I'm already using it a lot.
And I buy all kinds of software that I end up never using.

Last edited by floyd jane; 05/26/24 09:41 AM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
And for JJJ....

Here is a track I put together - just for you smile

this uses 5 different Amber tracks. Changes 2 measures at a time.
first a "picking" pattern.
add a strum next 2 measures.
add 2 more (panned L an R)
add another
and then add UJAM Rowdy 2 bass at the end.

http://www.floydjane.com/Songs/Amber.htm.

I built the first track by playing and recording the chords (single keys) and key switches (pretty random, but in time with the music.
I exported that as a stem (Studio One) and loaded it back in.
I then simply changed to another style and - using the same MIDI pattern - exported another stem... 5 times.

I used the same MIDI pattern for the bass (Rowdy 2)

(I used the same MIDI pattern in Sparkle 2 and generated 11 tracks of electric guitar - but they are not in this mix)

Last edited by floyd jane; 05/26/24 10:19 AM.
Off-Topic
D
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
D
I have to admit, the UJam series of Guitars is a tough pill to swollow for for some of us who have been devoted to the NI Session Guitar series. UJam is the relatively new kid on the block with the Gutar VIs. The Sessions Guitars sound really really good. But do have a bit of a step yearning curve and a general complaint is that being loops can be a little less than flexible at times. I find UJam also a bit of a learning curve and only considered it a fun toy untill recently when the allow you to move midi out of the App to your DAW. And I find it takes two hands to operate. But what UJAM has going for it is Super sales. I got UJAM SILK a while back for about the same price I just paid for AMBER2. Same with UJAM Virtual Pianist. These can be found for ~80% of list price.

So like FJ said, a no brainer at this price. Now do I go back and pick up SILK2 for the extra $14?? grin

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by DrDan
....do I go back and pick up SILK2 for the extra $14?? grin

I think that is an EASY Yes.
$14? Nothing. You will own the software for the rest of your life.
You eat that hamburger and - yes it was good - but it lasts for 5 minutes.
The new interface is worth the upgrade. It is so easy.
And the samples are great. Beautiful sounding guitars.

I found IRON 2 offered under my account for $19. I bought that just for the single strum Power Chords. I will likely use it for other things.

Last edited by floyd jane; 05/26/24 04:49 PM.
Off-Topic
D
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
D
Not such a easy decision after all! grin

[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Eenie-meenie-minnie-mo

If you have any other upgrade offers go for them, too.

I found an offer for IRON 2 in my account. $19.
I got it just for the sustained Power Chords. (And I'll use some of the chugging rhythms, too)

It's your birthday.
Splurge.

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
And for JJJ....

Here is a track I put together - just for you smile

this uses 5 different Amber tracks. Changes 2 measures at a time.
first a "picking" pattern.
add a strum next 2 measures.
add 2 more (panned L an R)
add another
and then add UJAM Rowdy 2 bass at the end.

http://www.floydjane.com/Songs/Amber.htm.

I built the first track by playing and recording the chords (single keys) and key switches (pretty random, but in time with the music.
I exported that as a stem (Studio One) and loaded it back in.
I then simply changed to another style and - using the same MIDI pattern - exported another stem... 5 times.

I used the same MIDI pattern for the bass (Rowdy 2)

(I used the same MIDI pattern in Sparkle 2 and generated 11 tracks of electric guitar - but they are not in this mix)
Thanks Floyd! Both for the description of the patterns and for your cool examples! I went ahead and spent the $19 based on your recommendation (and because it was cheap of course!)

My first impression of the download, install and activation process is extremely bad! What an awful, convoluted system they use. It took me a long time and a lot of tries to get this downloaded and activated. Lots of confusing instructions with PB referring to things one way and Ujam another. I was minutes away from canceling and demanding my $19 back!

BUT, once I finally got the product downloaded and activated I am impressed with my first look. I loaded it into my DAW and was able to play around with it a bit and def see lots of potential here. Again, the $19 is key as, if it were full price I'd stick with my NI Session stuff. But for that price I am happy to have added it to my toolbox!

Thank you!!

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Hey Floyd, I am totally loving this little $19 gem!!! I spent about a half hour with it without reading the manual or watching how-to vids and I already came up with a pretty cool acoustic track!

You really should make a post about this to separate it from Dr. Dan's so it gets more attention. This really is a no brainer!

Thanks again!!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,686
Posts748,096
Members38,855
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico, vantuir
38,855 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 203