I can only find the standard price.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by JohnJohnJohn
Originally Posted by floyd jane
And for JJJ....

Here is a track I put together - just for you smile

Thanks Floyd! Both for the description of the patterns and for your cool examples! I went ahead and spent the $19 based on your recommendation (and because it was cheap of course!)

My first impression of the download, install and activation process is extremely bad! What an awful, convoluted system they use. It took me a long time and a lot of tries to get this downloaded and activated. Lots of confusing instructions with PB referring to things one way and Ujam another. I was minutes away from canceling and demanding my $19 back!

BUT, once I finally got the product downloaded and activated I am impressed with my first look. I loaded it into my DAW and was able to play around with it a bit and def see lots of potential here. Again, the $19 is key as, if it were full price I'd stick with my NI Session stuff. But for that price I am happy to have added it to my toolbox!

Thank you!!

Yes, that order and install process is wonky. At first.
I did not describe it because I did not know how...
I bounced around the UJAM site and the UJAM app and PIB for a while before I "got it".
Once you've done it a couple of times it is actually pretty slick - the download and install was a one step process.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Floyd, I am totally loving this little $19 gem!!! I spent about a half hour with it without reading the manual or watching how-to vids and I already came up with a pretty cool acoustic track!

You really should make a post about this to separate it from Dr. Dan's so it gets more attention. This really is a no brainer!

Thanks again!!

See! I told ya!

It is Easy and Fun. And seems immediately useful.
I don't get that from a lot of software.
I also really like the Session Guitarists. But trying to walk through styles to find what you want takes a Long time. Somewhat annoying.

I think if anyone follows my instructions (a few posts back) on how to use the interface (keys) and walk through the styles and/or the presets...they will know the products quickly - and as you say - you don't even need a manual (I figured it out simply by playing around...)

I considered another post.
But then I might feel responsible. And who wants to have to explain that download process?
And...
Most of "us" here are of the I-want-to-record-in-a-million-dollar-studio gang. (we are old)
BIAB - is that. Studio guys. Laying tracks. Like a million dollar studio (with the million dollar players).
These tools are more for the I-got-a-computer-why -would-I-need-a-studio? crowd.

So the few (in these forums) who have embraced this style of production will read this because they probably already have a Session Guitarist (NI) and would be curious about the new one....

I've now got Silk2, Amber 2, Sparkle 2, Iron 2, Rowdy 2. (all for less than $20).
I would Love to try one of the other bass apps (Rowdy is a Very busy bass, Not my style)
And at least one of the drummers.
The fact that they all seem to run on the same simple interface is a real plus. Know one, you know them all.

At the moment, they seem to have gotten aggressive about sales.
Hopefully that will continue.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by shlind
How about IRON 2?
Is that just an individual offer?

I can no longer find wherever I found that. In the Store when I was logged in to the UJAM site, I think.
At the time the Silk upgrade (in my account) was $14. That is now $29.
And I don't see others now. So they are changing things fast.

Off-Topic
D
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
D
I can no longer find wherever I found that. In the Store when I was logged in to the UJAM site, I think.
At the time the Silk upgrade (in my account) was $14. That is now $29.
And I don't see others now. So they are changing things fast.

Prices did just jump overnight. I had to go over to pluginboutique for the $19 upgrade versus UJAM's $14 offer last night
You snooze you lose!

Final Tour - Not with a Bang but with a wimper! Ended.

Off-Topic
D
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
D
You really should make a post about this to separate it from Dr. Dan's so it gets more attention.

I considered another post.
But then I might feel responsible. And who wants to have to explain that download process?

I got you covered with thread name change ... grin

Final Tour - Not with a Bang but with a wimper! Ended.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
U can get UJAM Amber 2 until June 1 for $19 from Plugin Boutique with a code - AMBER19
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/64-Virtual-Instrument/10597-AMBER-2
The new interface (Ver 2 vs. ver 1) is really nice.
Once you understand how to use the keyboard it is simple. And all the UJAM products operate the same way.

Some very usable strum patterns....
Price of a big-city hamburger...

not today... for me its $129.00

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by bloc-head
U can get UJAM Amber 2 until June 1 for $19 from Plugin Boutique with a code - AMBER19
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/64-Virtual-Instrument/10597-AMBER-2
The new interface (Ver 2 vs. ver 1) is really nice.
Once you understand how to use the keyboard it is simple. And all the UJAM products operate the same way.

Some very usable strum patterns....
Price of a big-city hamburger...

not today... for me its $129.00

The discount requires a code - AMBER19.
The newsletter said it was good through June 1.
You have to go through the checkout process. The code gets entered about the 3rd screen (at the top) - before you actually click the final "buy"

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by shlind
How about IRON 2?
Is that just an individual offer?

Found this also in the newsletter....

The discount requires a code - IRON19.
You have to go through the checkout process. The code gets entered about the 3rd screen (at the top) - before you actually click the final "buy"

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert

Thanks Floyd
With the code, I was offered a -70.31% ($90.70) discount
not the same... but not bad maybe, for a 1st time Ujam buyer.

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Thanks Floyd

Could be because it is a Newsletter offer. The newsletter contains a button. Could be that somehow affects the discount.
You might try signing up for the newsletter and see if they send you the current one...

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Yeah the IRON19 discount code does not currently give the $19 price. Probably because the Plugin Boutique price yesterday was 50% off but today it is no discount.

Still a nice price but I passed on principle! smile

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J

Thanks Floyd

Could be because it is a Newsletter offer. The newsletter contains a button. Could be that somehow affects the discount.
You might try signing up for the newsletter and see if they send you the current one...
Is the newsletter from Plugin Boutique or Ujam?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Is the newsletter from Plugin Boutique or Ujam?

Plugin Boutique

You can subscribe at the bottom of the home page

Last edited by floyd jane; 05/27/24 11:34 AM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I bought all these years ago, NI, UJAM and MusicLab and they take up so much hard drive space.
Hopefully we will see this soon with PG here.
They are normally $129US that is $222AU for me how the dollar is now, that is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by musocity
I went into all this with Here's Your Live Arranger
I could do it all right now with Reaper, I just set a certain midi chord input to play that chord section of the RealTrack source file, round robin to play the same chord but a different section each time.

There's your $100USD virtual instrument X how many RealTracks you have:

Code
file1 = "E:|\bb\\RealTracks\\Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Strumming Ev 120\\AG1141.wma"

wma_source1 = reaper.PCM_Source_CreateFromFile(file1)

track1 = reaper.CF_CreatePreview(wma_source1)

reaper.CF_Preview_SetValue(track1, "D_VOLUME", 1)

reaper.CF_Preview_SetValue(track1, "D_POSITION", 4)

reaper.CF_Preview_SetValue(track1, "D_PITCH", 2)

reaper.CF_Preview_SetValue(track1, "D_PLAYRATE", 1)

reaper.CF_Preview_SetValue(track1, "B_PPITCH", 1)

reaper.CF_Preview_Play(track1)

retval, current_pos  = reaper.CF_Preview_GetValue(track1, "D_POSITION")

This is where you also need to record on the same guitar, same levels but different patterns/styles so it will match tone when changing to another pattern during a song, if they are Direct Input, you can use the same FX on them.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
That's my current price:
[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

Off-Topic
B
Journeyman
Journeyman
B
I just got it and I noticed that it has a special feature built in for Studio One Pro users.

"With the new VG AMBER 2, we provide Studio One users running on
version 4.6.2 or later with an exclusive PreSonus chord track and Sound
Variation feature.
Descriptions of styles and key switches are displayed on the piano roll to
help you find the right styles and phrases faster and easier for your track.
The Sound Variations are highlighted in red on the piano roll.
The chord track feature in Studio One automatically follows the chords
and automatically changes the MIDI notes for you. Use the “Follow
Chords” toggle underneath the right keyboard on the user interface. We
recommend not setting a song key when using the feature."

There is more on this in the manual but this is a nice feature for anyone using Studio One Pro

BIAB 2024 Ultrapack- Studio One Pro 6.5 Windows 11

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Brian Hughes
I just got it and I noticed that it has a special feature built in for Studio One Pro users.

"With the new VG AMBER 2, we provide Studio One users running on
version 4.6.2 or later with an exclusive PreSonus chord track and Sound
Variation feature.
Descriptions of styles and key switches are displayed on the piano roll to
help you find the right styles and phrases faster and easier for your track.
The Sound Variations are highlighted in red on the piano roll.
The chord track feature in Studio One automatically follows the chords
and automatically changes the MIDI notes for you. Use the “Follow
Chords” toggle underneath the right keyboard on the user interface. We
recommend not setting a song key when using the feature."

There is more on this in the manual but this is a nice feature for anyone using Studio One Pro

Thanks for that, Brian...
(now, I can always look back at this thread for this reference - helpful!)

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Hey Floyd, I went back to Plugin Boutique to try again and...DANG, this time it worked so now I have IRON 2, also for $19!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Oh, and Floyd, you were right about subsequent purchases! The download and activation of IRON 2 was automatic and seamless!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,686
Posts748,096
Members38,855
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico, vantuir
38,855 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 202