Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Off-Topic
S
Journeyman
Journeyman
S
Thanks, today it worked fine to buy IRON 2 for 19 EUR I did not even have to put in the code.
(I think the reduced price came up in step 2).

(I also tried last night and put in the code but I did not get this price then).

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by JohnJohnJohn
Hey Floyd, I went back to Plugin Boutique to try again and...DANG, this time it worked so now I have IRON 2, also for $19!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Originally Posted by JohnJohnJohn
Oh, and Floyd, you were right about subsequent purchases! The download and activation of IRON 2 was automatic and seamless!
Originally Posted by shlind
Thanks, today it worked fine to buy IRON 2 for 19 EUR I did not even have to put in the code.
(I think the reduced price came up in step 2).

(I also tried last night and put in the code but I did not get this price then).

Here's something to make your head spin - and your wallet a little lighter...

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/81-Bundles/58-Instrument-Bundles/12259-UJAM-Virtual-Band-Bundle-Exclusive-

This gives you

SPARKLE 2 - WAY more useful than IRON2 imo - in my first Quick test found 5 AMBER2 tracks (the "demo" from an above post) - but I found 11 Sparkle tracks that worked (for the sound I was after at the time).

ROYAL 2 - their "session" bass player (I want that!). Rowdy 2 is not that useful to me because it is Very busy. BUT - just as easy to work with as the others (similar interface). And a nice, even Bass sound.

and

SOLID 2 - a drummer. I haven't looked at these because I have already have more drum choices than I know what to do with (and I think BIAB is THE BEST Drum Machine you can buy)

ALL FOR $59 - so that is $20 apiece.

wink

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Just watched the above "Solid" video... Where are the cymbals?

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by bloc-head
Listed on the GUI:

C#2 - Crash 1
D#2 - Ride
F2 - Ride Bell
F#2 - Hi Hat
A2 - Crash 2

Here's a link to the manual.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by dcuny
Originally Posted by bloc-head
Listed on the GUI:

C#2 - Crash 1
D#2 - Ride
F2 - Ride Bell
F#2 - Hi Hat
A2 - Crash 2

Here's a link to the manual.

The nice thing about those crash cymbals is that they respond very nicely to the velocity of the keystroke. You can get a soft gentle crash to a honker.

Off-Topic
S
Journeyman
Journeyman
S
Thanks, I just bought the 3 piece boundle.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted by shlind
Thanks, I just bought the 3 piece boundle.
How many computers are the software licenses good for ?

Last edited by bloc-head; 05/28/24 04:26 PM.

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
From their website:

A UJAM plugin license allows you to authorise and activate your products on all your machines. It also allows multiple users on a single PC, but it does not license for multiple users on multiple computers.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanx Floyd for this update. I just received all three.

Inflation is so bad that CEOs are now playing miniature golf!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Now the UJAM Plugins are a self-contained code not needing a bridging app running in the background ?
They just play prerecorded chord, bass or drum sections from the source files ?

If so why on earth is the BBPlugin not doing the same thing ?

I paid for these UJAM Plugins and they all just work without issue or bugs.

Anyone had any problems with them ?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by musocity
Now the UJAM Plugins are a self-contained code not needing a bridging app running in the background?
The UJAM plugins are are self-contained code using the VSTi protocol.

A "bridging app" like jBridge is only needed if you are trying to run a 32 bit VSTi on a 64 bit machine.

Since UJAM plugins are already 64 bit, they run on 64 bit machines without the need for something like jBridge.

They just play prerecorded chord, bass or drum sections from the source files?
No, UJAM instruments play sampled notes, not loops.

If so why on earth is the BBPlugin not doing the same thing?
I'm not sure what you're asking.

BBPlugin is doing the same thing, in that it's running as a 64 bit VSTi plugin in your DAW.

BiaB RealTracks work by playing prerecorded audio to match chords.

UJAM VSTis work by playing prerecorded notes. It has MIDI patterns that can be selected via MIDI notes, and a chord recognizer function that's also triggered by MIDI notes. It's akin BiaB's MIDI tracks.

I paid for these UJAM Plugins and they all just work without issue or bugs.
As they should.

So do most VSTis. I don't understand why this would come as a surprise.

-- David Cuny

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
There are 2 modes prerecorded phrases and a sample/note mode, both NI and UJAM never had this feature until after I was suggesting this for PG to do "Playable RealTracks" in the forum, but they were slow to move and the other companies did it first, same deal with the Live Arranger, I tried for ages to get PG to do this by showing actual working examples and I said a keyboard will be released soon if you don't move, and sure enough the Ketron Live Arranger was released with RealTracks and RealDrums.

The bridge app is BBW4.exe that the Plugin controls in the background.

"As they should.

So do most VSTis. I don't understand why this would come as a surprise."

Have you tried the BBPlugin ?

[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
There are 2 modes prerecorded phrases and a sample/note mode, both NI and UJAM never had this feature...
By "prerecorded phrases", you mean prerecorded MIDI patterns.

That's something that BiaB has always had.

.. until after I was suggesting this for PG to do "Playable RealTracks" in the forum, but they were slow to move and the other companies did it first...
This is apples and oranges.

UJAM works like a traditional ROMpler - the recorded samples are single notes. Altering a note requires selecting a different sample.

RealTracks are phrases. Altering a note in a phrase requires knowing the pitch and duration of a specific note in a phrase, and then pitch and time stretching in a way that doesn't disturb the rest of the phrase.

This can be done, but it's akin to using Melodyne. Plus, it only works with monophonic instruments, and pitch shifting only works about a minor third up or down, after which it starts to sound weird.

So what you can do is limited.

What most people are asking for when they want "playable RealTracks" is the ability to specify in MIDI notation the sound they want, and then have playback with all the nuance of an actual instrument.

That's not a trivial thing to accomplish. There are sample libraries that do exactly that, such as the ones sold by Straight Ahead Samples. However, these require far more extensive samples than are available in RealTracks.

But it's not just the notes that give RealTracks their realism, but the articulations and musical ideas. These come "for free" when using phrases. But when building these from scratch, these articulations (bends, slides, vibrato, staccato, etc.) all have to be specified. Without that, it's only a slight improvement over using MIDI with sampled instruments.

I'm not sure how feasible it is at this point in time.

...and sure enough the Ketron Live Arranger was released with RealTracks and RealDrums.
The idea of using live phrases isn't novel. RealTracks are basically automated Acid loops. Acid loops were released back in 1998, and RealTracks in 2007.

I don't see how Keytron Live Audio tracks are that different from RealTracks. And you can't adjust the pitch of individual notes in Keytron Live Audio tracks, either.

The bridge app is BBW4.exe that the Plugin controls in the background.
BiaB is much more complex that a typical VSTi such as those by UJAM.

-- David Cuny

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
This file here is not recorded midi patterns, you don't have 6+GB of just recorded single notes, version 1 GB was not that big as there was no sample set with it to allow single notes:

The first UJAM never had a sample set as I have mentioned, they were actual real playing as stated on their website "phrases", then the sample set was added to the next version. Midi drag n drop phrases were also added in the next version to give the same notes as the audio phrases.
This is what sets them apart from EZDrummer, EZBass or EZKeys midi phrases that trigger sample notes.

"BiaB is much more complex that a typical VSTi such as those by UJAM."
Why are you using this UJAM VST, why are you creating tracks with different phrases playing or single notes ? I thought you could only do that in a complexed Biab exe ?

I made sample set with slides, vibrato etc... PG just made simple SFZ's for their RealTracks. I suggested to have the same guitar each time recorded in Direct Input to allow the same sample set to be used rather than have so many different SFZ's for each different sounding guitar, you could that have one decent sampler with articulations.
Where have you guys been ? I have been posting all this stuff for years in the forum, showing working examples of it all.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
This file here is not recorded midi patterns, you don't have 6+GB of just recorded single notes, version 1 GB was not that big as there was no sample set with it to allow single notes
UJAM doesn't really say what is in that large binary file.

Since the UJAM guitars allow different voicing of chords, I doubt that they've sampled all the possible chords with all the possible voicings. I certainly wouldn't.

They have sampled notes at different velocities and articulations (upstroke, downstroke, picked, muted).

Why are you using this UJAM VST, why are you creating tracks with different phrases playing or single notes?
For the same reason I use any other VSTi - if I can't do something in BiaB, I'll find another solution.

I made sample set with slides, vibrato etc... PG just made simple SFZ's for their RealTracks.
How are they .sfz files? The .bt1 files look like binary files, although I've never tried to decode them. The audio files are are .wma or .wav files.

I suggested to have the same guitar each time recorded in Direct Input to allow the same sample set to be used rather than have so many different SFZ's for each different sounding guitar, you could that have one decent sampler with articulations.
Sure, it would be useful to have sampled notes of instruments in parallel with the RealTracks of the same instruments.

-- David Cuny

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
"Since the UJAM guitars allow different voicing of chords, I doubt that they've sampled all the possible chords with all the possible voicings. I certainly wouldn't."
The chord types recorded are limited to these else it would allow all chords:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=400763#Post400763

Look at Silk v1 size without the sample set (phrases only):

As I said I can create a VST instrument from each RealTrack/RealDrum that will work the same way UJAM works, but why do I have to do this, why can't PG do it ? I already uploaded some sfz examples using the wma source files that worked the same way.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
The chord types recorded are limited to these else it would allow all chords...
Thanks for the clarification. For some reason I thought it allowed inversions, but it appears I confused that with the NI Session Guitar.

As I said I can create a VST instrument from each RealTrack/RealDrum that will work the same way UJAM works, but why do I have to do this, why can't PG do it ? I already uploaded some sfz examples using the wma source files that worked the same way.
I would assume it's because any added complexity/feature to BiaB needs to be justified.

Sure, there are plenty of things that BiaB can do, but should it?

In order for this to work within BiaB, it would need a new notation interface, an expansion of the file format to accommodate the notation, and a file for holding the samples that are pulled from the audio files, some way of indicating the a RealTrack had and editable music notation. Would each sample library need samples of all possible chords? What would the duration of the chord be?

The new addition would have to be worth the multitude of changes to BiaB, and worth more than the features that won't be done because that time is spent on these particular features.

-- David Cuny

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Here's a simple example
Does Anyone Know How to Use SFZ Files ?
If you edit the sfz files in notepad you will see how it works.
Sforzando-Drums-Guitar.mp4

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I built .sfz instruments before, including drumkits where hits to hi-hat mutes the other hi-hat samples, as well as multi-velocity instruments. Easy-peasy to write a program to generate the .sfz if you've got the samples logically named.

But I'm having trouble following your train of thought here.

Are you suggesting that PGMusic include .sfz instruments with RealTracks, or what?

Personally, there are already so many good VSTis that I'd prefer that BiaB focus on what other programs don't do, and not add features that I can already get elsewhere.

Most of the surgical editing of my songs happens in the DAW, not BiaB.

But maybe that's just me.

-- David Cuny

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Just as the Sforzando VST is playing back the wma source file chord section direct so can the BBPlugin rather than having to decompress the wma into RAM then render to wav file.
This will also allow it to be used as a Live Arranger the same way I can use UJAM as a Live Arranger by sending my keyboard input to it.
Current way the Plugin works:

How the Plugin needs to works, self-contained crossplatform Plugin/Plugin Standalone:

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,686
Posts748,096
Members38,855
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico, vantuir
38,855 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 202