Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
dRoNe13 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

I've been having a problem with drum stems since I upgraded to Biab 2024.

I can load my old songs which I made in Biab 2022 and the stems work flawlessly, but the drum stems cannot be heard with this new song I'm working on.

When I click on the 'Tracks' tab and where the individual drums should be (kick, snare, etc) there are no audio waveforms, just blank spaces.

I've checked all the directories for the real tracks, rebuilt and verified with no errors.

The problem persists no matter which real drums with stems I choose

The mix of the drums works fine, but I'll desperately need the stems by the time I move the song to Cubase.

I've tried going back to factory default with the settings,
I re-installed the software and the packs, but still the same problem.

This is a real head-scratcher, I've been trying to solve this for nearly a week.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

Here's the .SGU file:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/qnup39u7vd72a4blvl3ng/Running-Through-The-Streets.SGU?rlkey=yr3nz4hcojs7xyvjlyhdtzn57&st=jkgnn5j5&dl=0
Windows 10, Biab 2024 build 1111

Last edited by Simon - PG Music; 07/30/24 04:55 PM.
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
ive had some funky stuff occur in drum picker.
ASSUMING YOUR REAL DRUMS PICK HAS STEMS...

..uncheck all stems box.
..tick stems you want
..generate n play.

above works here..ive found in rd picker its a tad funky...n fiddly.
gotta experiment with settings.

PS I NEVER USE VANILLA FILE SAVE ..I ALWAYS SAVE SPECIAL... PATCHES AND HARMONY...best practice ive found.

hth..now im off cos i smell my wifes big english breakfast.
i once had wild times in manchester....lol.

om 🇨🇦🇨🇦 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/01/24 04:37 AM.

my songs....mixed for good earbuds...(fyi..my vocs on all songs..)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs
(90 songs created useing bb/rb.)
dRoNe13 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
This is my reply to the West Ham fan, whose post was deleted for some reason

"..so your saying in the fab new bb tracks view you dont see the stem waveforms ?"
Yes.

"..have you checked bringing up the style in the picker and seeing what stems are ticked ?"

I have all the Stems boxes checked.

"..as a test start a new song then enter a few chords in chord sheet"

I did this and chose the same kit as I use in the song, I also chose a random drum kit with stems and everything works as it should with all the individual drum tracks playing. I can also see the waveforms in the 'Tracks' tab. So it looks like the problem is exclusive to my song.

"a tip ..when i save an sgu i never use vanilla save...i ALWAYS save special patches and harmony cos ive been caught out in the past with
vanilla save"

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind.

I used to watch the footie religiously. Back in the day, I was a Leeds United fan. These days I can take it or leave it. However, I sometimes like to go to the pub to watch England play.

Good luck with West Ham, they may need it😄

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BIAB Mixer Window.jpg (313 KB, 210 downloads)
BIAB Style Picker.jpg (300.65 KB, 209 downloads)
BIAB, RealDrums Picker.jpg (294.13 KB, 209 downloads)
dRoNe13 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I'll try again, thanks

dRoNe13 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Still no joy, no sound coming from the stems.

I have to admit, I've had a few wild times over here myself grin

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BIAB, Tracks window.jpg (145.94 KB, 208 downloads)
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
on that mopey style it uses a wes little rd mallets.
this rd shows no stems on my system for wes.

re your pics im a tad vision impaired even with my fab eye surgery..have you subbed the wes little rd with another per your graph ic..americana ??

what style and rd are you useing ??
not mopey n not wes ??

once you confirm style and rd ill do a test.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/01/24 07:02 AM.

dRoNe13 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
"re your pics im a tad vision impaired even with my fab eye surgery..have you subbed the wes little rd with another per your graph ic..americana ??"

Yes I did, I think the original Realdrum kit was called Cajon or something like that, but because it had no stems, I changed it to: Americana16thsBrushSyncFred

dRoNe13 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I started a fresh song and copied all the chords over from the old version. I then loaded all the realtracks\realdrums.
It all works. So I imagine it will work when you do it from your end.

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
yes wes little no stems.

your useing EXCLINT style not mopey right ??
your graphic showed also mopey hilited.

ok re americana rd stems work here BUT 2 toms are just a thick line...
other stems ok. I see waveform.

btw sometime read my realband and drum tricks threads in tips forum.
in realband you can have a slew of drum tracks like allusions of two drummers plsying n drum solos etc etc 256 tracks p!us you can comp multiple drum gens sections into a final drum track if you wish.

ok i see its now working for you right ?

i bet man u are partying lol.

hth.

om 🇨🇦🇨🇦 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/01/24 07:41 AM.

dRoNe13 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
You're right, it's the same here, the Toms are just showing a blank line in the Tracks tab, even on the fresh song I started. I didn't notice before.

"your useing ECLINT style not mopey right ??
your graphic showed also mpey hilited."

Sorry, I'm a bit thick, not sure what ECLINT & mpey is.

D
Veteran
Veteran
D
Here is the "tracks view" for your song. Dispite the fact that the mixer indicates you have drum stems, there are no audio files on those Utility tracks. I am afraid I have simply "Confirmed" exactly what you have said. "Drums Stems can't be heard". Let me keep on looking a little deeper...

[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

Final Tour - Not with a Bang but with a wimper! Ended.

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
your pic for stylepicker showed EXCLINT hilited also fainter Mopey.

what style are you useing ?? cos drdan shows yet a different style.

keep rocking

om

D
Veteran
Veteran
D
I have put this into the Bug Report forum to try and escalate it to the developers. My guess is this is a proplem which has been seen in the past.

dRoNe13 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
The original style I chose was 'SET4th.STY'
But I've replaced most of the Realtracks and the Drums.

Rather than doing that in the future, I think I'll have a go at creating a user-style from scratch.
Time to start tidying up my workflow

I always seem to have problems when I start replacing the instruments of a set style.

"btw sometime read my realband and drum tricks threads in tips forum.
in realband you can have a slew of drum tracks like allusions of two drummers plsying n drum solos etc etc 256 tracks p!us you can comp multiple drum gens sections into a final drum track if you wish."

After my tea, I'll browse through your posts, thanks.

dRoNe13 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Thank you good people for taking the time to help me out, much appreciated.

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
dr.

heres a trick to try...lets say the style is country.
and your doing a country song...dont just limit yourself to country real drums.

there are lots of drum sounds in other music genres you might be able to use...or slice n dice in the huge pg content...heres a method to try...once you arranged chords in chord sheet.

1..open rd picker with ALL drums for all styles showing.
2..make sure in alphabetical order.
3..load each rd irrespective of style.
4..when you find a drum sound that floats your boat isolate..
drop the drum track from tracks view into realband and mute.

continue in this fashion until youve tried all rd's.

before you ask yes its a lot of work but i only do it on a serious song rather than a ruff demo.
its the ONLY WAY to uncover what i term gold nuggets of sound.
in rb then you can keep chunks of what you like and cut out what you dont like.ie slice/dice/edit....then gradually build your final drum track...

an example might be you like a crash cym in a rock rd that cranks you up or say a drum sound in jazz or some percussion latin...whatever...you dont have to stay in one genre...you can mix match. so if you like say a certain country style you like but not drums...just experiment with drums from other genres and styles.

hth...now im gonna watch champs euro final.

om 🇨🇦🇨🇦 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/01/24 10:41 AM.

dRoNe13 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Thanks for the awesome tips, I'll definitely be trying this out.

D
Veteran
Veteran
D
Originally Posted by dRoNe13
Thanks for the awesome tips, I'll definitely be trying this out.

And that will help with the inability to load and play individual drum stems - how? Sounds to me like another BIAB workaround which does not address the real problem here. Or am I missing something?

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
DrDan...

heres something to ponder...

1..lets say pg expand rd content with not just more rd sounds but also stems for every single rd style.
this will balloon the rd library...and then some people will complain about dload times. for example im in an area with slower internet.
lots of areas in this wide world have slow net.

2..ive seen the drum libs usedby some big studios...they are huge.
frankly ive steered away from such because i would have sooo many drum sounds i would like...it would be tough to decide which to use....lol.
ie paralysis by analysis.

i cant spesk for pg but imho its a fine line they probably have to tread because the world base of users is so diverse.

in another thread Rob Helms suggested some of the blame lies with us users...re bb...cos over the years pg trying to keep such a diverse base of users happy...so lots of new content and features.
im no apologist...and sure you make a good point...but like everythingin life there are plusses and minuses.
eg i would love a shelby mustang instead of my humble corolla...but the mustang im sure would cost way more to msintain.

btw great credit to the doctoring profession for improving my eyesight.
im sooo happy.
i assume your a doctor ?

happiness.

om 🇨🇦🇨🇦 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/01/24 03:55 PM.

dRoNe13 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
This is great, being able to pick & mix until your hearts content, I had no idea.👍

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,785
Posts749,269
Members38,879
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Nomiracle, MrMuffin, thanh tran, Rick0965, Dwayno7
38,879 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 135