Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Because of issues I've stated in another thread on this particular forum, I have very little time to spend on these usually very helpful and interesting forums. But, there are instances when I make the time I don't have.

I agree 100% with Floyd's original post. It is my opinion that PG Music and Dr. Gannon lead the way in the production of content that allows people worldwide to make some pretty darned good music in an extra room, garage, or wherever they create their music. It's pretty close to having your own sophisticated studio with top session players at your fingertips, just waiting for you to call on them at your convenience. For an initial investment of approximately $500.00 US and an annual update of about $150.00 US, I'd say that's a pretty decent arrangement. One live session to record a couple of songs would cost that much or more. Those professional musicians PG Music uses probably don't just show up and contribute their time free of charge. And they're among some of the very best at what they do.

I don't know of many (any?) services/products that offer the full range of options, bells, and whistles that will satisfy the finite needs of every potential customer. PG Music is a business - they have a target audience, and they try to meet the wishes and wants of that audience. But they can't be everything to everybody.

In total, I've written about 1250 songs. Of that total, there are seven songs for which I cannot find a suitable set of tracks to conjure the sound I want. Rather than complain about BIAB, I simply found another software that provided those tracks. I saved them as WAV files and brought them over to BIAB. To get everything we want, we sometimes have to find other products that work well with what we have and cobble them together.

I think PG Music does a fantastic job of meeting the wishes and wants of most of their target audience. I don't expect perfection and answers to everything I wish they had. I just appreciate what their products offer me and look elsewhere to fill in the blanks. And yes, those other products cost money. If you want to attain what BIAB can't provide, ya gotta pony up a little extra cash for added wishes and wants. That's still a lot cheaper than hiring those studio guys and gals. Each of us wishes BIAB could be offered to our own specific liking, but that's an unreasonable expectation.

For folks who can't get what they want from BIAB, I suggest looking around for another product that offers what you do want. But I doubt any other product will answer all your wishes at just about any price. If there is, why aren't you using it instead of BIAB?

Floyd, your original post is spot on, in my opinion. Thanks for posting it. And PG Music, you guys and gals are the best! Thank you.

Wishing everyone the very best in your musical pursuits.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 06/09/24 10:28 AM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Al-David
I agree 100% with Floyd's original post. It is my opinion that PG Music and Dr. Gannon lead the way in the production of content that allows people worldwide to make some pretty darned good music in an extra room, garage, or wherever they create their music. It's pretty close to having your own sophisticated studio with top session players at your fingertips, just waiting for you to call on them at your convenience.
I notice that most(?) people here are saying how great the content is. What I note from the "white paper" and from the poll is also that the content is great, but perhaps PGM should have a hiatus on new features while they sort out some of the existing issues. That's time they could also spend planning a strategy into the future.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11
BIAB2024 Audiophile, a bunch of other software.
Kawai MP6, Ui24R, Focusrite Saffire Pro40 and Scarletts
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Gordon,

I more or less agree with you. I wouldn't mind a year or two when the biggest emphasis is fixing existing bugs and issues but also adding a few more of the most requested RTs and styles.

But my main point in replying to Floyd's original post is to affirm my agreement with him about how great this product is - even with its faults.

Have fun with your music!

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Ok, I'm not sure how to respond to this thread. I see how it started with the best of intentions and praise for a company that has given us so much. I applaud FJ for thinking of thanking those that deserve to have appreciation show. As always, the thread can't stay about what the thread was created to be.

I probably owe more to PG Music's crew than most of you. It has changed my life and the life of my family. I made a great living with this product. It helped me pay for our homes, vehicles, 6 kids in braces, 4 that went on for school (2 were too young)...you name it. AND my wife didn't work.

I wrote commercial jingles for 27 years. Once BIAB came along I was able to write, and product jingles WAY faster and less expensive than ever before BIAB.

I didn't have to "try" to communicate my ideas to the musicians and wait around for them to cut the tracks. I could add many instruments I couldn't play well, or could play at all! That's hard to beat! No to mention, I could fill out a jingle in a way that wouldn't have been financially feasible otherwise.

If the singer needed the music in a different key? No problem! Give me 15 minutes and I'll have it over to you!

I put a lot of the companies that were my competition unable to match what my company could do. I used to joke with my clients with a play on an old saying. "Inexpensive, Fast, or High Quality? Pick any THREE."

Because I could do so much more, I provided A LOT of work for studios. I can't mix, but had the stems to send! I wish they would have had MMiab. (Mix and Master in a Box). I'm happy I was able to do that. It brings a higher meaning to your "job."

It also put my clients in a great position from not being able to afford a jingle to a great jingle that was affordable.

This has been a miracle product for me.

You will never find me ungrateful for the people who had the vision and action to make such an incredible product. "Thank you!" falls extremely short of the praise I could give this company and product.

Thank you PG Music!

(written with speech to text and not proofed. Just wanted to get it out there.)

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well said HTL. I can count the days that changed my life significantly on the fingers of one hand. One of them was when I purchased Band-in-a-Box. It helped me along a path where I have created a successful music business and given up my day to day grind of working the 9 to 5 as a Business Analyst in a soulless corporation.

Thank you PG Music.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Off-Topic
I
Izzy Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I
"Y'all just can't stop can ya."

Floyd with all due respect.
Perhaps you are a wee bit peeved because you consider that your op has been somewhat hijacked but that is just the nature of the beast of a public forum. IMO if one choses to broadcast their sentiments on a public forum rather than DM the recipiant then one should not seek to suppress selective public responses as long as they are relevent, courteous and respectful. The irony is that I fully agree with your op.

...and yet it seems like you are. <bagging BIAB>

Sorry you have that perception Floyd. I have been and remain a huge fan of BIAB. But I see clouds on the horizon and believe that more modern RT's are required to appeal to a demograpic that are this side of breathing. If anyone dissagrees or are offended by my opinion I am happy to be shown the errors of my way. I actually want BIAB to be around for a long time and believe the occasional tap on the shoulder is far healthier than constant pats on the back but if the great unwashed think that the status quo is all hunky dory then so be it.
I'm done now, this horse has been flogged enough.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Last edited by floyd jane; 06/11/24 10:57 AM. Reason: I did not choose to be part of this conversation
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Floyd, i apologize if i contributed to any derailment of the thread. I also really love this software and have worked personally behind the scenes to make it better. I have worked tirelessly for the last few years with some inciteful and incredible people here on the site. I have also dialoged with the PGM people with this.

I do think that praise and critique is mutually beneficial. Let's face it BiaB is a powerful, deep and very wonderful program. So many of us have enjoyed the benefits of owning it. While it is important to sing the praise of the program, and your point regarding driving away new customers is interesting, and worthy of consideration. I have to think deeper about that. It is also through open dialog that things get handled.

Bottom line is that there are legitimate issues here that need to be addressed. there are functions unfinished, features that need workflow modernization, and bugs that need fixing. That said we have usually tried to keep that for the most part behind more discreet forum threads. The problem with that is we they sometimes require more voices to gain a response. BiaB is secure for the most part over the next few years, and continued development will assure that. However, with the newer AI competition that will slowly change is some things are not kept up to date.

There have at time been some very loud and divisive voices around here. I do think most of the discussions are reasonable for the most part. Threads of praise usually are sadly met with attacks of choruses protectionalism.

Good for you for leading the chorus of appreciation for what we do have and not just being in the crowd shouting what we don't. You're a class act sir and much appreciated!

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2024, Realband, Reaper, Harrison Mixbus 32c , Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
(written with text to speech in a hurry. EXPECT typos! smile This may come across as more snarky than I mean it to. Just no time to edit my article. ha! :))

Izzy, a condescending attitude and gaslighting tactics probably won't go over well here. That's not a threat or anything, it's more of a "heads up" because you are newer to the forum. I would truly love to see you stick around and make some great music! You having 52 posts explaining to someone with over 11,000 posts how this forum works seems a bit off to me. I'm sure you have experience with other forums; but maybe get a bit more of a feel for who you are correcting. FJ happens to be one of the best writers, producers and ambassadors for the product and about the nicest person you will meet on this forum. He's not someone that deals with a lot of flowering language or a pushover though. He truly does listen and can appreciate other peoples views. I just don't like him! (absolutely kidding)

That being said, his whole point in this thread was to give appreciation to those who are involved with making this entire product possible. He sees FIRST HAND what goes into it and how dedicated the people are. There are plenty of other threads that are hammering on what people feel is wrong or needs to be changed. So there is no lack of that content AT ALL. There was definitely a lack of content that showed gratitude for the product. Was it really too much to ask for a thread to be about giving thanks? If someone where to view this COMPANY forum they might think, based off of who many have chosen to go about "change," that the product isn't good. IT'S FANSTIC! Of course there will always be room for improvement. That's any software. It's the reason for upgrades and versions. None of that was what the spirit of this thread was.

Originally Posted by Izzy
Floyd with all due respect.
Perhaps you are a wee bit peeved because you consider that your op has been somewhat hijacked but that is just the nature of the beast of a public forum.

You really like to emphasize "public" yet, this isn't a public forum. You can't just roll in here and start spouting off. You need to create an account. It's a private forum with some public access. It is owned by a company. They can delete posts, ban people, and shut the whole thing down if they want to. Much like Walmart is open to the public, but it's still private.

IMO if one choses to broadcast their sentiments on a public forum rather than DM the recipiant

This was meant to be a different, viewable to the public, thanking of the company. Not something for a one on one behind the scenes conversation. I'm not sure if you missed that?

then one should not seek to suppress selective public responses
He wasn't looking to suppress responses. Just wow that you think that. He made a thread that had a purpose DIFFERENT from the others that were already created to deal with the subject that was being reinterested here. Suppression would be say not to talk abou that at all. He simply asked not to turn this thread with a different purpose, into being the same as the other threads. To honor the spirit of this post. Even, essentially, encouraging people to express their opinions. in the other threads designed for that already. That's not suppression.

as long as they are relevent, courteous and respectful.

Was it relevant? No. It was straying from being relevant.

Was it courteous? No. Courteous would be sticking to the intent of this thread. Even after it was asked to consider keeping it on topic.

Was it respectful? No. Again for the same reasons.

Sorry you have that perception Floyd. I have been and remain a huge fan of BIAB.

The second sentence would have been a good start and end considering the OP's intent, IMO

But

oh no... eek

I see clouds on the horizon and believe that more modern RT's are required to appeal to a demograpic that are this side of breathing.

I don't think he was disagreeing with with this. At no point did I see him mentioning that they need to stop coming out with new content.

If anyone dissagrees or are offended by my opinion I am happy to be shown the errors of my way. I actually want BIAB to be around for a long time and believe the occasional tap on the shoulder is far healthier than constant pats on the back but if the great unwashed think that the status quo is all hunky dory then so be it.
The idea wasn't to ignore possible improvements. It's just that that has been covered so much in other threads. The point of this thread was to talk about a different subject. To thank people who are working hard on a product that many of us enjoy. To show gratitude for that. That's a bit different than feeling the need to interject what you maybe think is wrong wrong with the product.

I have an absolutely awesome marriage. I happen to be lucky enough to be married to the love of my life and best friend. She isn't perfect; and neither am I. But on our anniversary I don't plan on bringing up the things that need to be improved and focus on the things that could be better. I will make damn sure she knows how much I love her and she means to me. We do work on what needs to be worked on though. We both recognize there is a time and place for that though. We try to never confuse the two. It's actually not that hard.

I too am now done. This hi-jacking horse needed to be flogged a bit. FJ has enough sense and class not to say much about this. I lack both and apologize to the thread for further disruption. I love the intent of the thread and hope it continues in a much better way. Not because of what I said; but because I have gotten to know many of you, and know how valuable this product has been and continues to be for us.

I feel this thread was needed and also want to give thanks to FJ for offering some balance.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted by Izzy
Perhaps you are a wee bit peeved because you consider that your op has been somewhat hijacked but that is just the nature of the beast of a public forum.
Please abide by the rules of this forum.

Forum Rules #15: Don't hijack someone else's thread topic with a different topic. For example, if the thread is about "Topic A," don't add a reply in the same thread about a different "Topic B." Instead, start your own thread for "Topic B."

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Off-Topic
I
Izzy Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I
Floyd.

I am fully aware that you are the beloved, highly respected, hugely talented, teacher, mentor, guru and leader of this forum and rightly/deservedly so.
I fully agree with the contents of your original post but I (unwisely as it turns out) responded to the contents of a another posters reply which unfortunatly segued to another trending forum topic. From your response I knew you were hurt which greatly saddened me and I freely appologise for causing you that hurt.
I must admit to being perplexed by your vacillation of the BIAB product which I believe is unique and rock solid but in need of a few rejuvenating tweaks. The sky is not going to fall in any time soon.
I anticipated the predictable circling of the wagons and didn't have long to wait.
David's finger wagging citation of rule #15 , which imo if rigorously enforced would suck the oxygen out of much of the forums discourse.

< from HTL> Izzy, a condescending attitude and gaslighting tactics probably won't go over well here.
HTL I know your drift is well intentioned but your observation is misguided and unfounded.

You having 52 posts explaining to someone with over 11,000 posts how this forum works seems a bit off to me.
Floyd quoted remarks that I made and I was rotating the courtesy of respectfully explaining those remaks, which I stand by.
I believe that Floyd and I are the same age. An age when we no longer tollerate BS.

This post is to you Floyd to appologise for causing you any tribulation. It is certainly not my intent to do so.
I will no longer darken your doorstep.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,967
Posts751,709
Members38,959
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Alesha, jarredou, jadecomeria58, Seraphinang, Nevillberger
38,959 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
rsdean 105