Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
...whoever you are.

Thank You.

I Truly appreciate the work you do. It is nothing short of Amazing.

Band-In-A-Box gets better. All the time.
The recent improvements should be celebrated.

In the past, auditioning RealTracks was slow. Somewhat cumbersome. To the point of annoying?

That is no longer the case. This is just one example (of the improvements).
This should be celebrated.

Typically, I will attempt to find Every RealTrack that MIGHT work in my current production.
(I sometimes try out Styles, but I prefer to roll-my-own - so "walk the RealTracks")
I create a basic "band" - drums, bass, guitar strum.
Then I walk through the RT list, top to bottom.
I skip sections that don't apply at the moment - "...accordion isn't right for this... banjo, no...I've got the Bass.."
I double-click to listen quickly to any RT that MIGHT "work"...

In the past, this took a very long time. Forever.
And if you wanted to hear that RT actually play your chord chart - that took even LONGER.
No Longer The Case.
Playback is almost instantaneous.
This should be celebrated.

I have set up my basic BAND for a new production - drums, bass, strum.

I'm not sure when it happened, but... WOW!
When I double-click an RT now, it immmediately begins playing my chords.
And I can determine QUICKLY if it is maybe right.
If it has possibilities, I drop the track to my current production folder. In seconds.
And move on to the next slot.

Thank You.

Y'all seem to get dumped on all the time.
I want you to know you are appreciated.
I think it is time that you are celebrated.
So...

Thank You.

Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.Thank You.

Band-In-A-Box is Amazing.
YOU....whoever you are...are AMAZING.

THANK YOU

fj

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I'm with floyd 1,000%.

BIAB is powerful and it's incredible what it can do. All the programmers and software builders have created a truly outstanding product. I've said it many times over many years, but every time I use BIAB, I marvel at how easy it is to create a polished and superior musical backing. The power in that 'Generate' button is enormous, and the result it gives me is so far beyond my abilities to produce that I never stop being amazed.

My workflow is similar to floyd's and like floyd, I regularly scroll through and test tracks. I usually use an 8-bar chord progression in the key in which I'm writing a particular song. Just recently, I was looking for background fill-in audio in the 65 bpm range. I had no instrument specifically in mind, so I simply sorted the Realtracks by tempo and worked my way through every Realtrack from 50 – 80 bpm. I set the tempo to that of my song (62 bpm) and generated and listened to each track. It was so easy to do and so fast!

Honestly, with every year that passes, and every new release that comes along, the program just gets better and better and better.

Thank you everyone for helping me to expand my musical abilities. You are brilliant and I sincerely appreciate all you've done. Please don't stop.

Thank you!
--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Happy
Veteran
Floyd has said it all, thank you so much PG Music.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I also agree.

My observation is that we don't live in a competition-free world.
My concern is that the competition is getting stronger by the day.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Well said Floyd, I agree.
Although I have complained about a few things virtually all of my songs start in BiaB, and for that I am very grateful.
It is a great product.

Inflation is so bad that CEOs are now playing miniature golf!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
AND...

Finally....After OVER A DECADE....

Apple is beginning to Think about catching up.

Y'all should be Damn Proud.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by floyd jane
AND...

Finally....After OVER A DECADE....

Apple is beginning to Think about catching up.

Y'all should be Damn Proud.
I'm as "happy as a clam" with BiaB and PGM should be proud.

But it isn't just Apple that's in this space. And yesterday's accomplishments by no means guarantees tomorrow's success.
I think more about tomorrow than I do yesterday, but that's just me.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well said Floyd. I use Band-in-a-box everyday of life and am still constantly amazed by this product.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
But it isn't just Apple that's in this space. And yesterday's accomplishments by no means guarantees tomorrow's success.
I think more about tomorrow than I do yesterday, but that's just me.

Please do not turn this into another "BIAB isn't good enough" thread.

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
fj..

well said...kudos.

as i have a background in IT let me say what pg has achieved is remarkable (and rb). as ive said before the only way to appreciate pg apps is if someone takes a few programming courses....
these types of products arent trivial...

do i want certain things ??..sure...but at the same time i admire what a small canadian company has achieved on the world stage.

om....

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/06/24 09:48 AM.

my songs....mixed for good earbuds...(fyi..my vocs on all songs..)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs
(90 songs created useing bb/rb.)
Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
I'm with floyd 1,000%. Well said.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I agree with Floyd as well. i also understand what BT is saying. What PGM has accomplished is remarkable, but they can't rest on their laurels. The new wave of AI is coming. BiaB took some great steps in the last 2 years. Workflow has gotten better and far easier to use. It does not need a bunch of changes this next year just some really nice cleanup efforts. Still super kudos to PGM and also to you Floyd who i have followed for a long time and learned a lot from your video a while back, and from the comments you have made.

This is where i start every project i do musically. Excellent idea to give PG and his team a good old pat on the back for a job well done over the years. So many of have benefitted by this creative program.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2024, Realband, Reaper, Harrison Mixbus 32c , Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Happy
Veteran
Thank you Coders, Developers and Peter Gannon.
What I find most amazing is the software programs can handle every type of musical content I can think of. At the same time you've developed proprietary content that leads the industry.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1113) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted by floyd jane
...whoever you are.

Thank You.

I Truly appreciate the work you do. It is nothing short of Amazing.

Band-In-A-Box gets better. All the time.
The recent improvements should be celebrated.
fj
I agree... since the floppy-disk days, BiaB has been, and still is an invaluable tool in my music production studio... Thanks PGM.

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Totally agree.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
In the end we put our money where our mouths are.
Every year for decades I pony up my $$$ for the improvements in Biab software.

I have always felt it was worth the money.

Can’t say that about most software.

Tip of the hat.

biab2024(Mac) Latest Build
Mac OS Sonoma 14.5
Apple M2 pro 32GB Ram
Logic Pro 11
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I barely touch the sides with what BIAB can do.
I type in my chords, use the form interface to set up a rough structure then audition a style or three to get a vague idea. I then export the tracks flat, centred etc.
I save the files. Start a new Reaper project, select the PG VST, throw the tracks in and drop markers.
After that I replace what I can with my own playing using the chord chart to guide/keep pace with me & then tweak, back in BIAB, those I'll be keeping...including Multi riff work on the finally selected solo instrument.
It's a fabulous program that others who are more on the tech side might find occasionally limiting or limited but, like REAPER, it's full of wonderful unused bits that I discover as I go.
I couldn't go back to how I wrote & recorded before my BIAB 2011.
Do I occasionally come up against frustrations - yep. Those are usually in features that most other users don't bother with, (like multi "stem" drums), so I know they're not major, won't get sorted quickly and I can work around the problem easy enough.

Last edited by rayc; 06/06/24 08:53 PM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Definitely agree! I'm sure we all recognize a few of their names here on the forums but I would guess there are a few more who sit in isolation, spend hours writing, testing, starting over and finally getting to that eureka point. To all of those....many thanks!

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Ditto to what Floyd said.

I don't know what I'd be doing musically if it wasn't for what PG and BB has allowed me to do. I certainly don't have the money necessary to have hired studio musicians to play the parts I use in my songs with BB.

Thanks for this great product. And yeah, it keeps getting better with every year.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
[Linked Image from janiceandbud.com]

PG Music products and forums over the past 12 years have allowed us to make real friendships, gain a ton of production knowledge and enabled our songs to be produced well enough to be licensed multiple times and played around the planet. That means a LOT to us.
Thank you.

J&B

You can listen to our catalog on Apple Music or Spotify by searching on Janice Merritt
Our Videos are here on our website
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,770
Posts749,021
Members38,872
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
mariabooth48, Karim Buzdar, nykiaspradley5@gma, stephanieadlam, danielito
38,875 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 141